Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • way we could all earn some extra money >
  • way we could all earn some extra money

• way we could all earn some extra money

Old 04-17-2011, 08:15 AM
    Power Poster

Part with my stash :shock: I will have to find another way to make some extra money :D:D:D
    Old 04-17-2011, 10:19 AM

I had a sale last aug. All quilting/sewing/rug hooking/fabric/wool stuff. There was a line outside 20 deep before I even opened the door and it didn't stop for 3 days. I did VERY well and had alot of fun. :thumbup:
    Old 04-17-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by bebe
    post pics of fabrics for us you might not need to have a sale we will buy!!!!!!!
    I agree!
    Old 04-17-2011, 11:20 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Hosta
    was thinking about it and wondering how many of us are doing it? I think I might have a quilters garage sale and sell off a lot of stuff I don't use. Are any of you having one this spring?
    YES....but in the early Fall....I have too much to get rid of to list it all here, and some of it is NOT really quilt related, but scrapbooking, spinning, weaving, you name it....

I have enough granny squares crocheted to make 2 nice twin afghans...boys don't want them now, so off it all goes....fleece to make jackets, fabric for SCA garb, millions of wooden shapes I will never get around to painting(did these in the 90's)...sooo much stuff...has to go...

SO, I am having a crafter's delight sale!
    Old 04-17-2011, 04:17 PM

Would it be like our rummage sales at church -- we all buy each others "stuff" and then take it back the next year so they can sell it again. LOL
    Originally Posted by Hosta
    we all get together in our areas like ohio Florida etc each group of us hold one big sale of all our extra sewing stuff like our own quilt show but with a bunch of us each having a table selling off our extra stuff. I think this is a good idea maybe 10 or so tables there are usually that many of us in an area and invite all the quilt guilds in the areas we could make some serious cash. Instead of a craft show we have a sewing sale
    Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 AM

Great idea but maybe call it a craft sale since garage sales are where people expect really low prices and some fabrics and quilting goods cost to much to price really low
    Old 04-18-2011, 08:38 AM

I tried having a yard sale once but as I was setting up I kept noticing things that I really liked or couldn't part with the excuses go on and on--So I did the only 2 options left-1 -Every thing came back into the house-2-I went Yard Sailing {not a typo} I sailed thru my comm. and into a couple more :-P But all of you that can sale are a true Blessing for the rest of us :lol: :lol:
    Old 04-18-2011, 09:44 AM

Anyone selling in Maryland, please keep me in mind or contact me. I'm building the stash, and I like making childrens quilts and charity quilts. Thank you.
    Old 04-18-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by genafan201
    What quiltinghere said...I'd spend way too much money buying other peoples stuff. It's also the main reason I don't try to get a job at JoAnn's Fabrics :)
    My family won't let me get a job at ANY fabric store. They put their collective foot down. LOL.
    Old 04-18-2011, 06:54 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Stitchit123
    I tried having a yard sale once but as I was setting up I kept noticing things that I really liked or couldn't part with the excuses go on and on--So I did the only 2 options left-1 -Every thing came back into the house-2-I went Yard Sailing {not a typo} I sailed thru my comm. and into a couple more :-P But all of you that can sale are a true Blessing for the rest of us :lol: :lol:
    I hate when that happens....my hubby just stands at the door and says "what goes out, does not come back in"...last time I shocked everyone by having the thrift shop truck here at exactly 30 minutes past closing time to pick up the left overs...and I wasted NO time in boxing it up for them....