We may get 30 below but...

Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

we all have things that we don't like about our situations. but we can always find something positive to say in them. i've lived in various climes north and south. i've often had the case of greener grass on the other side. but every area that i have been in has had its beauty. beauty can be found in our own back yards. [off my soapbox now]
Old 10-05-2011, 06:29 AM

I will be in Fargo on the 17th and 18th qand 19th of October. Any chance to get together? I will be coming in for training on the IPAD for NASS.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 AM

I will also be going to Denver CO the last week of this month and about the 6th of Nov I go to Atlanta, GA. Haven't been there since I took basic training for the WACS Army. Flight in and out in the dark.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:32 AM

Gee-I hope that's what's blowing our way! It is supposed to reach 80 this weekend here.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
I dont look forward to winter ....I despise cold snow sleet fallen leaves naked trees and no flowers blooming outside....I don't complain about summers heat but I sure give a good loud complaint about winters...lol
i complain about them both. Where i am at in Florida we get the ridiculous heat of the summer, 95+'s then we get the ridiculous cold of the winter 30's. I would love for it to be 75 year round lol =)
Old 10-05-2011, 06:49 AM

We in Minnesota think 30s in the winter as nice weather.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 AM
QKO

Originally Posted by loriea
We in Minnesota think 30s in the winter as nice weather.
Indeed. I lived in Minnesota for 55 years, and with the average HIGH daytime temperature of 12F in January and February, when it got up to 30F+, everyone was running around outside in T-shirts.

Today, here in the high desert, I woke up to rain and a wintery 44F. Looking up into the mountains I see we got a nice coating of snow on everything above about 6500' AMSL. Winter is coming.

The good news though is the snow probably put out the remnants of the fires that were still burning up there.

:thumbup:
Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 AM

I agree, this weather is fantastic (I'm in Fargo, too). Unfortunately, I'm inside most of this week. DS very badly broke his leg at softball Monday night, and isn't scheduled for surgery until sometime Friday. He hasn't had any sleep since the accident for more than about 10 minutes at a time. :roll:

I need to do some machine embroidery, but the machine's in this room and it drives him nuts.

I need to start some type of handwork while I'm sitting here.

Donna
Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by quilticing
Originally Posted by Jim
I dont look forward to winter ....I despise cold snow sleet fallen leaves naked trees and no flowers blooming outside....I don't complain about summers heat but I sure give a good loud complaint about winters...lol
What happened to that positive attitude? Beautiful snow, fresh air, snowmen! Can you come up with more?
Snowed in and quilting. (And well-stocked pantry and freezer)

:P :P :P :P
Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo
I will be in Fargo on the 17th and 18th qand 19th of October. Any chance to get together? I will be coming in for training on the IPAD for NASS.
amyjo according to my calendar I should be around so hopefully we can work it out to meet each other. Send me a pm with your schedule & cell phone # if you have one & I'll see how it corresponds with my schedule. Looking forward to meeting you!