WEATHER UPDATE

Old 12-03-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlonger
Seen Buffalo NY on the news? we made the national news hundreds stranded on the I90 and guess where hubby has to go tonight to help haul snow away Has been laid off but called today to work 10 hour shift starting at 11 tonite already have bag packed with quilt, candy and energy bars encase gets STUCK trying to rescue others maybe should send quilt project?? We are about hour away and only have 4 inches of snow. The city can keep it
Been there, done that! My husband worked for the City and was laid off and whenever there was a snow emergency, he would get called back for a few days.

We are getting the snow now. Probably a couple of inches already. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - Everywhere you go......................
Old 12-03-2010, 05:55 PM

I am envious of all of you that are recieving show. I love the stuff as long as I can stay in & sew or quilt. Or bake. LOL Do take care & be very cautious while you are out & about. It was in the upper 60's here today but going to be in the 40's for sev straight days. Would love a white Christmas.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
Seen Buffalo NY on the news? we made the national news hundreds stranded on the I90 and guess where hubby has to go tonight to help haul snow away Has been laid off but called today to work 10 hour shift starting at 11 tonite already have bag packed with quilt, candy and energy bars encase gets STUCK trying to rescue others maybe should send quilt project?? We are about hour away and only have 4 inches of snow. The city can keep it
Been there, done that! My husband worked for the City and was laid off and whenever there was a snow emergency, he would get called back for a few days.

We are getting the snow now. Probably a couple of inches already. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - Everywhere you go......................

I can't tell anyone how glad I am my husband is retired. We are going to go into a Snow Emergency. That is such cold, hard work, mainly thankless. The snow is over - we got between 6-8". depending on what part of St. Paul/Minneapolis you are in. It is beautiful out right now, one of the nice winter perks in Minnesota - the beauty of the winter! Now when #1 husband gets up, he will snowblow and I get to do the steps and walkway from back to front or front to back, depending on which door I go out! Get your shoveling done and go in and have a nice hot cup of cocoa with whipped cream on top!!!! Edie
Old 12-04-2010, 04:54 AM

I can't tell anyone how glad I am my husband is retired. We are going to go into a Snow Emergency. That is such cold, hard work, mainly thankless. The snow is over - we got between 6-8". depending on what part of St. Paul/Minneapolis you are in. It is beautiful out right now, one of the nice winter perks in Minnesota - the beauty of the winter! Now when #1 husband gets up, he will snowblow and I get to do the steps and walkway from back to front or front to back, depending on which door I go out! Get your shoveling done and go in and have a nice hot cup of cocoa with whipped cream on top!!!! Edie
UPDATE: Probably over 8" of snow here in the Twin Cities! Glory Be. Edie
Old 12-04-2010, 05:31 AM

How and why do you "Pam" a snow shovel. Just asking cuz I just moved from Florida to Michigan:-) Must be crazy, right?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:04 AM

Snowing here in Indiana, expecting 4in. Looks like I'm in the sewing room for the day. The old manual transimission ford is goig nowhere till they clear the roads. Wouldnt you know that the quilt shop called yesterday evening before closing time and said I could pick up my order. Oh well I've got enough fabric to get me by for a few (years). Made chili for the cold weather, thinking about trying out that mountain dew dumplings I saw posted here a few days ago. Sounds like a nice comfort food day. Might go out and play in the snow. What is it about snow that makes you feel like a little kid? Happy sledding!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:19 AM

It is snowing here in central IN. Normally, I would not mind...I would just stay home. However today is the day we are taking my elderly dad/stepmom, FIL and his lady friend, DD and fiance, and DS and DIL to Purdue Universtiy for the wonderful Purdue Christmas Show in which our youngest DD is a singer and dancer. I am hoping the roads are not too hazardous for our 70 mile trip! Really wish it would have waited till Monday to do this. There is NO way I would miss this show!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:03 AM

Waiting for the snow to start here in Columbus!! My son clears runways at the Airport and could use a few extra hours!!! They've already called him in for his shift at 3 this afternoon. Hooray!! I love snow, it really puts me in the holiday mood!! :lol: :lol: It makes me want to go out shopping and spreading cheer :-D I know..a little odd :lol:
Old 12-04-2010, 07:16 AM

Thanks for sending it my way. I have about 3 inches this morning and more on it's way.

I'll just sing "JINGLE BELLS" all day.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:37 AM

I'm not near,I'm far Colorado.Cloudy and cold.I don't know about everyone else but we could use the moisture.