WEATHER UPDATE

Old 12-04-2010, 07:40 AM

We are getting snow here in Louisville.. don't know how much is expected but driving warnings are out...yeah, I know, we get two inches and panic...ha ha I won't be going out... people around here do NOT respect weather advisories. I play it safe and stay home... I have other things to do.... may be doing some quilting...since I have a good excuse!!!! hee hee
Old 12-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

We got 2 1/2 inches so far, and its still comeing down. Really pretty!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:57 AM

Thankful that the snow today is to the south...the sun is out so I think the storm is missing us.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:01 AM

Isn't it wonderful we have friends to talk to on day's like this?
Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 AM

My husband had just finished shoveling the driveway and here came the city snow plow. Now he is shoveling the end of the driveway, the mailbox and the fire hydrant again.

I love Minnesota! Really - no sarcasm here!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by mardilee
How and why do you "Pam" a snow shovel. Just asking cuz I just moved from Florida to Michigan:-) Must be crazy, right?
You coat the shovel with "pam" so the snow doesn't stick to the shovel when you go to throw it out of the way.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mardilee
How and why do you "Pam" a snow shovel. Just asking cuz I just moved from Florida to Michigan:-) Must be crazy, right?
OK, Miss Michigander - you Pam a snow shovel so the snow doesn't stick to it! It works for us Minnesotans - it has to work for you, besides which I am curious as to why a perfectly normal Floridian would pack up and move to the Tundra!!!! It's ok, I won't tell anyone. You love to shovel, right? It's ok, I shoveled all morning today. Lots of snow here. I hear sometimes in the UP, they get more than we do! You'll get used to it. Not to mention snow boogers! You have to kick them off with a steel-toed boot! Shhhh, I won't tell if you don't know what that is. It is the clumps of snow that get caught in and around the wheel well of the car. It's fun to see how big they are and how good you are at kicking them off. Just joshing. Not about the Pam and not about the snow boogers, though!!!!!! You will meet a lot of new neighbors and friends when you have a shovel in your hand. Edie
Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by MN Gamma
My husband had just finished shoveling the driveway and here came the city snow plow. Now he is shoveling the end of the driveway, the mailbox and the fire hydrant again.

I love Minnesota! Really - no sarcasm here!
We're going to get that tomorrow. My husband shoveled out the fire hydrant today also and boy they fly down the streets and we end up with snow on our sidewalk. One thing I learned from snow plows and snow and carriage walks -- when they plow the windrow into your carriage walk, watch for them, shovel in hand. They will send down two plows. The minute the second plow goes by, get you and that shovel into the carriage walk and clear it out as soon as possible. That snow turns to ice in about ten minutes and it is there for the rest of the winter. Just a friendly little piece of advice. Ain't Minnesota Grand????? Edie
Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 PM

It's snowing in NC too. I just got back from Hickory and they had lots of fluffy rain coming down. We have just a small amount on the ground here. We're supposed to get more tonight or tomorrow. BRRRRRR!! I don't like cold weather.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:27 PM

We must have gotten it first and sent it on to you. Enjoy, and pop me some corn, I love it