WEATHER UPDATE

Old 12-04-2010, 07:07 PM

Funny,i have a friend moved from Michigan to Florida.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:21 PM

you all stay safe and hope you get to do alot of quilting and sewing...and stay warm.. :-D
Old 12-04-2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
I'm not near,I'm far Colorado.Cloudy and cold.I don't know about everyone else but we could use the moisture.
I have a cousin in Denver, CO, and he posted on facebook that they'd had temps of 69 degrees and he'd been tempted to put shorts on again, but he was working in the shop.

Here in SW MN, we missed the main brunt of the storm, but it's COLD tonight! Should worm up by next weekend...at least that's what we're told.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by jojo47
Originally Posted by Connie in CO
I'm not near,I'm far Colorado.Cloudy and cold.I don't know about everyone else but we could use the moisture.
I have a cousin in Denver, CO, and he posted on facebook that they'd had temps of 69 degrees and he'd been tempted to put shorts on again, but he was working in the shop.

Here in SW MN, we missed the main brunt of the storm, but it's COLD tonight! Should worm up by next weekend...at least that's what we're told.
Good Morning. It is 5:00 AM. Have to move the van - Snow Emergency. In our area, right now, according to the weather bureau it is 7* in the Mac-Grove area. Should warm up in the teens for the day and then plummet for the rest of the week and then possibly warm up. Typical! I am getting ready to cook up some venison for stew and an angel food cake. Might get some strawberries to go on it! Sound good for a football day????? And try to get some sewing in. I couldn't find a lot of my Christmas decorations. I was sure there was a poltergeist in the basement where I put all the decorations. Yesterday I was moaning and groaning about all these little wooden German ornaments that go on a filigree tree that I have on the dining room table and found some Christmas napkins that I use for everyday during the holidays and lo and behold there are the German ornaments. And then to top it all off, our neighbor across the alley calls and says "You got any Maraschino Cherries? I am making three Manhattans". Unfortunately, #1 husband was taking his afternoon repose and so I took our neighbor the maraschino cherries and sat and visited with him and the baby. He makes the world's best Manhattans. They just slide down so warm. He is a doctor, his wife is a doctor. He was at home with the baby, she was working - then the week after he works and she stays home - works like a charm. Anyhow, the baby, 18 months old, called me Grandma Edie. I just melted. They are going to have another baby and so I am going to make a baby quilt and then a toddler quilt (coverlet size).

So, now this AM, move the van, go out and have coffee with my sister at 7, come home and build my stew and bake my cake and watch football and sew. I am working on a new block for the Anniversary quilt - It is called Friends Star. I really like it. Flying Geese and all that. I got it from Quilter's Cache.

Ok, you all have a nice day, keep warm and I am thinking of Choco-Vine for a warmer-upper this afternoon.

Edie
Old 12-05-2010, 06:55 AM

We about 7" last week but it is all gone now. :-) We have lots of ponies to feed and snow causes a lot of problems, all the outside water froze up. :( Good quilting weather. :-)
Old 12-05-2010, 07:03 AM

Would someone please send me some snow??!! Please!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:15 AM

Stay warm -- we too are going to be cold (32 degrees) and I have to cover my semitropical plants and maybe even find a coat and my earmuffs
Old 12-05-2010, 12:38 PM

I guess the 28 we're supposed to get tonight would be a balmy day for you. I wore shorts here yesterday.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by diannemc
Would someone please send me some snow??!! Please!
I would, if it were possible, Dianne, but the weatherman doesn't want to cooperate! I just hope we don't have a rereun of he winter we had LAST year! So far it's not been too bad as far as snow, but winter is only starting! I have to admit, though...I'm very thankful my husband takes me to and picks me up from work on these really cold day. He's a keeper!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:06 AM

Someone in Mississippi,i would send you some snow but we don't even have this much anymore.

don't have snow to send
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139089[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-139084.jpe