Wedding favors

Old 04-27-2010, 02:06 PM

I only think it odd when the bride is prancing around in a $3000 designer gown and can't give out a favor. Shows me she thinks more of herself than her guests, who not only took the time to buy a gift, but took several hours out of their busy lives to celebrate with her.

A donation sounds perfect!

Have a great day!!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:10 PM

I would be perfectly content not to get a favor at a wedding. They usually wind up being tossed anyway. Save your money. After all the point of a wedding is to celebrate the joining of two lives not to get goodies.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:11 PM

My daughter was married last July. The only favors she had was small bottles of bubble soap, that I had bought on clearence at Joann Fabric. Here is a suggestion we did that everyone loved. First we got a basket, in it were crayons, coloring pages and small inflatable items for the younger members at the wedding. We covered one of the tables at the reception with white paper and put the basket in the middle. Parents with small children loved it since they had something to keep them busy. Also another thing, we had wedding pictures of great grandparents, grandparents, parents and siblings with their names and dates of their wedding placed near them. In the center of the table was a large picture of the bride and groom. Hope you have a wonderful day
Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 PM

When our grandaughter got married just before Christmas, we filled large clear glass vases with purple and silver Christmas orniments as her table decoration. They put some cards around on the tables inviting guests to take a few of them home with them. I have never been to a wedding that gave each guest a gift so I wouldn't be expecting one. I personally think much to much is spent on lavish weddings. It's become a status symbole to spend poor dad into the poor house.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:47 PM

I agree also that favors are not needed. Being invited to the wedding and reception is in itself an honor. To be thought of to celebrate Your Day is enough of a favor to take home with you. An enjoyable time spent and a memory to take away.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:42 PM

this is what we did for my friends daughter i found a nice celtic knot my son did some layout work for me on the computer with the saying "love never ends" printed them on nice scrapbooking paper to complement the theme (FALL)then i laminated them and cut them out with fancy scissors punched a hole and tied a pretty little ribbon thru it and TADA...BOOKMARKS they were a hit and they were not real expensive u can also check pat catans if you have one close they have all kinds of displays of different craft items around the store alot of them are very easy and inexpensive. good luck with your planning and marriage!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:18 AM

First, congratulations. favors or no favors. My daughter did almonds wrapped in netting. Also, we used the table decorations as a gift to anyone who wanted it.... didn't have to take one of them back home. You could use small flowers in a pot as a center piece, or votive candles. Any way, I don't think anyone would make a comment or even care if there were no favors. My son and his bride, wrote a poem and placed it at every seat.. poem is short, takes very little paper, and is a nice remembrance. Go with your heart.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:37 AM

I wouldn't be insulted if I didn't get a favor. They are mostly tossed or left on the table.

This does bring back one nice memory. One favor that I really did enjoy was small tree saplings wrapped in plastic. We planted ours (a pine)...it thrived each year and I always thought of the couple when I walked through the garden. We sold the house so I'm not sure what it's like now...would like to see it again.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:49 AM
Power Poster

Most of the weddings I've been to have been more informal, so no favors at all. I agree, I really dont care to get a favor at all. My niece had a HUGE wedding, and had pens, matches, an a CD thingy, the pen didnt work, most people didnt even take the matches....
I think since its YOUR wedding, do it the way YOU want to!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:37 PM

the only favor i remember was at my niece's wedding. she gave everyone a small bottle of blowing bubbles with a wand (remember those?) as they arrived, and everyone blew bubbles as she walked down the aisle. everyone still talks about that and smiles. 10 cents per person. can't beat that with a stick.

congrats!!

how many people are coming to the wedding?