Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-10-2010, 06:56 PM

Missy, I am so sorry to hear about your Father. I will certainly pray for him and you too. These old folks sometimes don't tell us things they should. I'm sure he'll be fine and it's good the Dr is going to check everything. I will also pray for the Dr's hands that if he has to do surgery on your Father, they be steady and accurate. Take care of yourself, too.

Donna
    Old 08-11-2010, 08:32 AM

I wanted to update you guys on my dad. He is now home and doing very well. All of the results from the tests they ran on him came out great. So, the only thing he has to do now is go back to the er next week to get the staple removed. He will see his regular doctor next week too so that is good as well.

Me and my sisters decided that he needs to wrap his head with bubble wrap. He thought that was pretty funny. LOL!

I am doing better too. I just had to stop and realize that no matter which things went with him that I was going to be okay and that it would all work out.

Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes and prayers. God is good. Indeed.

Missy
    Old 08-11-2010, 08:32 AM

I wanted to update you guys on my dad. He is now home and doing very well. All of the results from the tests they ran on him came out great. So, the only thing he has to do now is go back to the er next week to get the staple removed. He will see his regular doctor next week too so that is good as well.

Me and my sisters decided that he needs to wrap his head with bubble wrap. He thought that was pretty funny. LOL!

I am doing better too. I just had to stop and realize that no matter which things went with him that I was going to be okay and that it would all work out.

Thank you to everyone who sent
    Old 08-11-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    Missy: you keep us updated on your dad. I don't agree with the doctor that says it is okay to pass out after you pee - well maybe if you have a urinary infection and it hurts like....to pee. Since most of use don't leave the bathroom door open to pee, no one will see him sittin'. My husband sat his whole life because he was so worried about his aim.

Yes! on the shorts. You are almost small enough to just go to walmart and get stuff. How wonderful is that! Go girl.

I'll be praying for you. Did you get your letter written? Don't start munching. It won't help your dad for you to eat. talk to you later, gwyn
    I am so happy about the shorts. It is such a good feeling to be able to wear them!

I am working on the letter today.

Missy
    Old 08-11-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Missy I'll keep your dad in my prayers. I heard about the fainting after urination. I got a call from my mom one day. She told me my dad fell in the tub. I thought he was showering and fell. No, he was urinating and kelled over into the tub.

You'll do well through this ordeal, the triumphs and set backs of losing weight are giving you the tools to help you through life's ails. Trust yourself. I don't mean to compare the worry for a loved one to losing weight, but the skills we are learning here I know are helping me in other aspects of my life.

Oh my gosh, you must be ecstatic, two dress sizes in four months. Pants and skirts are the last thing to start fitting better on me. These areas are the last to shrink.

Keep positive and banish those futile thoughts. Carol
    You guys keep me laughing. I just picture what it must have looked like to be standing doing his thing and then whammo keel over into the tub. LOL I know it was not funny at the time. I am just such a visual person. LOL

I think I am going to send my dad a huge roll of bubble wrap. My sisters and I think he needs to wrap his head with that. LOL

Missy
    Old 08-11-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
    Hi newquilter10, glad you're here.

Do you like the WW food?

I increased my cycling speed about 30%. It doesn't say much, I've gone from under 6 mph to a bit over 9. The problem is I lost more weight at 5.6 than at 9.3 because I haven't incresed the time. I have to increase my time to be at least one hour to lose the calories I want. But, I'm still pretty proud of myself for increasing my speed.

Hey Missy, Terryl, I missed you at dinner. I changed my mind on the salmon I had chicken with mole sauce and a salad. I was cooking beans to go with it all but they weren't soft by dinner.

Do you have a recipe for your salmon Terryl? I either bake mine or grill it. Today I used Montreal Steak seasoning, a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a rub, then baked it. It was soooo good!

I buy the salmon at Costco, in the bag. It is individualy wrapped fillets, I split each fillet in half, I figure that is about 3 ozs.

That was a photo of Missy's salmon and it looked Delicious

:mrgreen: would love to have that receipe myself. When I make my salmon, I use my George Forman grill and while it's grilling I make a sort of glaze/sauce for it. I use a tablespoon of sugarfree orange marmalade and some fresh chopped basil, usually at least a teaspoon of basil, sometimes more, I also adjust the marmalade depending on how many servings I'm making. Once I take the fish off the grill, I immediately put the glaze on it and cover it with a microwave lid for a couple of minutes so the sauce melts over the fish. Yummy.... I tend to have a sweet tooth where salmon is concerned, I usually have either yellow or brown rice, and grilled veggies with my salmon. Occasionally I will marinate my salmon in a teriyaki baste and glaze then grill it. Hope you girls give my orange marmalade a try, it really is good.
    Oh my! That sounds soo incredibly good. I think the marmalade sounds like a great base for a marinade. Plus the terriyaki sounds good too. Sometimes I just use honey and that is wonderful, especially because I cook my veggies right along with the salmon in the steamer. So, the veggies get a bit of the honey too. Yumm-O.

Missy
    Old 08-11-2010, 08:43 AM

I'm glad everthing is going better for your dad. AND you should send him some bubble wrap.
    Old 08-11-2010, 08:55 AM

I'm glad everthing is going better for your dad. AND you should send him some bubble wrap.
    Heh. I am going to send him that bubble wrap!

Missy
    Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 AM

I have a terrible headache today. That's what I get for saying I haven't had one in years. I took the dogs for a walk hoping the excercise would kick in endorphines. It was starting to work but as it was late and hot, the dogs couldn't go very far.

My grandsons were here yesterday and the house looks like it was struck by a tornado. It'll take me all day to clean it up. A small price to pay, they are such a joy to watch.

I did a bit over 8 miles on the bike last night. I even made it going up the hill without having to take a easier route.

I had a great dinner last night and it was a little over 400 calories. BBQ chicken, spinach and pinto beans.

I have stopped eating rice with my beans, to many calories for the amount of nutrition. Maybe when I go on a maintenance program I will add them back in.
    Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Heh. I am going to send him that bubble wrap!

Missy
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: That's funny