Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-15-2010, 09:08 AM

Missy: Green grape skins aren't not a tough and chewy as the others and you don't have to chew them. Just peel them off and eat the insides. This is also a wonderful way to eat sweet cherries!
    Old 08-15-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    Missy: Green grape skins aren't not a tough and chewy as the others and you don't have to chew them. Just peel them off and eat the insides. This is also a wonderful way to eat sweet cherries!
    I just LOVE fruit! I am going to try peeling the skins next time I eat them. Yumm-O!

Missy
    Old 08-15-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
    I'm very disappointed. I was reasonably good this week and all I lost was 2 ounces! What does reasonably good mean? Well, I did go over my allotted calories on two days, but total calories for the week I was under. I even exercised four out of seven days.

I'm not going to let the lack of results ruin my determination, but I really deserved a minimum weight loss of 2 pounds! I guess we don't always get what we deserve *sighs*
    I did this when I first began to increase my excercise, it's really frustrating. I mixed up my excercise a bit more, added more water and it began to come off. Just hand in there it'll come. (Oh yeah, when I excercised more and added water I gained three pounds.)
    Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
    I'm very disappointed. I was reasonably good this week and all I lost was 2 ounces! What does reasonably good mean? Well, I did go over my allotted calories on two days, but total calories for the week I was under. I even exercised four out of seven days.

I'm not going to let the lack of results ruin my determination, but I really deserved a minimum weight loss of 2 pounds! I guess we don't always get what we deserve *sighs*
    That's ok---that's about all I lost as well. However, I know where my problem lies. My hubby and I went away for our anniv. and I did eat more than I should have and more of what I should NOT have eaten. Back on the program today. Sunday dinner is going to be salad!!
    Old 08-15-2010, 10:56 AM

Missy: I know they are a little expensive but you can get frozen fresh strawberries in the grocery store. I like to substitute them for when I WANT ice cream or frozen yogart, they can be a good substitute. I also use them in smoothies with soy milk. Yummy

I know they aren't free, but there times they are the better choice cheat than the ice cream I'm wanting. THey also take longer to eat.

The peaches should be on in a couple of weeks. If you choose some that the skins are loose on and peel off easily you won't need to blanch them. Cut them into 4-8 large pieces and sprinkle with fruit fresh or lemon juiice to prevent browning. Place them on a cookie sheet and freeze them. Store the frozen peaches in ziploc freezer bags. These also help in smoothies or eaten frozen.

Blue berries, cantalope and honeydew melon, cherries all do really well frozen and then stored in a bag frozen.

There is a recipe that calls for cut up fruit and fizzy diet drink - lemon/lime is my favorite, but sparkling water also works. You can mix in juice. pour into paper cups and cover with aluminum foil and insert a plastic fork, spoon or craft stick. Freeze. Best popcycles in the world!
    Old 08-15-2010, 12:36 PM

Missy: I know they are a little expensive but you can get frozen fresh strawberries in the grocery store. I like to substitute them for when I WANT ice cream or frozen yogart, they can be a good substitute. I also use them in smoothies with soy milk. Yummy

I know they aren't free, but there times they are the better choice cheat than the ice cream I'm wanting. THey also take longer to eat.

The peaches should be on in a couple of weeks. If you choose some that the skins are loose on and peel off easily you won't need to blanch them. Cut them into 4-8 large pieces and sprinkle with fruit fresh or lemon juiice to prevent browning. Place them on a cookie sheet and freeze them. Store the frozen peaches in ziploc freezer bags. These also help in smoothies or eaten frozen.

Blue berries, cantalope and honeydew melon, cherries all do really well frozen and then stored in a bag frozen.

There is a recipe that calls for cut up fruit and fizzy diet drink - lemon/lime is my favorite, but sparkling water also works. You can mix in juice. pour into paper cups and cover with aluminum foil and insert a plastic fork, spoon or craft stick. Freeze. Best popcycles in the world!
    I agree with you. I think frozen fruit is a great choice. It can be a bit expensive but oh so worth it when you need fruit to eat.

I think your popcycle idea is a great one. I will have to try that.

I am going to eat a Tuscan cantaloupe for dinner. It is really sweet and yummy. I cannot figure out what else to eat. I probably should make something with some protein like tuna or salmon or chicken but I am not sure how I want to eat those things. I am just not feeling it tonight. LOL

Missy
    Old 08-15-2010, 12:42 PM

I have read another article on diet drinks, the article states it's a bad as drinking soda. When my brother in law was a a liquid diet, he was not to use diet drinks. He was told they trigger eating and most of them had to much salt. If you want to add a bit sparkle to your drinks, try club soda.
    Old 08-15-2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    I have read another article on diet drinks, the article states it's a bad as drinking soda. When my brother in law was a a liquid diet, he was not to use diet drinks. He was told they trigger eating and most of them had to much salt. If you want to add a bit sparkle to your drinks, try club soda.
    I have heard that about diet drinks. I do love some diet soda though. I have been trying to use those crystal light mix-ins for water. So, we will see.

Missy
    Old 08-15-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

I agree with you. I think frozen fruit is a great choice. It can be a bit expensive but oh so worth it when you need fruit to eat.

I am going to eat a Tuscan cantaloupe for dinner. It is really sweet and yummy. I cannot figure out what else to eat. I probably should make something with some protein like tuna or salmon or chicken but I am not sure how I want to eat those things. I am just not feeling it tonight. LOL

Missy

Missy, make a little chicken salad and put in half of the cantelope eat them together, yummy,yummy, yummy. My DAH loves that combination, with a few grapes on the side, great summer supper. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 08-15-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy

Missy, make a little chicken salad and put in half of the cantelope eat them together, yummy,yummy, yummy. My DAH loves that combination, with a few grapes on the side, great summer supper. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    OOOOH. Great idea!! Yumm-o. Thanks for planting that little seed in my mind!

Missy