Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-19-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
    Missy, where did you get that Cat in the Hat on aging? I want you to e-mail it to me :) :)
    I probably got it off of bing but not sure. I literally have 2000 pictures on my computer. I will email it to you if you PM me your addy!

After I read it to my mom she was laughing so hard. I asked her if I needed to get her another Poise incontinence pad. She told me to shut up. HAHAHA!

Missy
    Old 08-19-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by seamstome
    Well ladies, congrats Missy! Almost everyone that I know who goes into that lap band with the right attitude and counseling does well. I have had many many patients lose 100-150 pounds. The only one that I know that didnt do well wasnt really ready to change HER life (she wanted the world to change to meet her) which doesnt seem to be an issue with you.

Im hanging in there, 1000-1200 calories a day. Im working my way up to 6 pounds lost. At 5.8 this am since this started and about 8 overall. Not enough to win but this is like a marathon, it's important that you finish.
    Good attitude, Missy. And you are correct in saying "one day at a time". I've lost 2 lbs. so far this week for a total of 9 lbs. It's slow but that's ok with me---it will stay off.

Can you e-mail me the Cat in the Hat to [email protected] Thanks

So so true. It is a marathon!

I do try to have a good attitude. I do think that is the most important part right now for me. :) I do wish I only had to lose 100-150 pounds but even the 270 pounds I need to lose seems daunting but really it is not. It is just one day at a time anyway. :)

I am spending my day today cleaning my room and doing laundry and then grocery shopping so I can cook for my new friend Mike and my parents. We are all looking forward to dinner tomorrow night with each other.

Oh, the bariatric coordinator called me a bit ago to let me know they have moved up my last meeting with the psychologist to Sept 16 just in case she goes into early labor. She is pregnant with twins. I told the coordinator that it felt kind of weird (and funny to me---you know how I am) that everything right now is hinging on someone's uterus. LMAO!! She just laughed at me, as per usual. :D

I hope everyone is doing well. How are you doing Gwyn? How about you Trupeach? I will give you a call sometime this weekend, would that work for you?

Talk to you y'all soon!

Missy
    Old 08-19-2010, 02:34 PM

Are you still doing this? I lost 40# back in Sept. of 09 for a trip my dh and I went on. I have now gained most of it back!!! YIKES. I think I'd be interested. I'm trying things on my own. Sandy in INDIANA
    Old 08-19-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jandylou
    Are you still doing this? I lost 40# back in Sept. of 09 for a trip my dh and I went on. I have now gained most of it back!!! YIKES. I think I'd be interested. I'm trying things on my own. Sandy in INDIANA
    Oh YES Sandy we are still doing this. We are just plugging along with our weight loss journeys.

This is a great group...Just jump right in!

Missy
    Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Jandylou
    You can give your input and have fun however you will have to wait until Sept sign up to be able to win FQ's if you are the biggest loser.
    Old 08-19-2010, 03:24 PM

Works for me. Thanks
    Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 PM

Hi all Glad to hear that Missy is happy with not only her new friend and with her weight loss but the news about her pending surgery. Great news Missy.

Trupeach Dont give up, I went through some rough times when I lost both my parents within six months of each other, both had sudden and fatal illness There are big blanks in my memory from that time
    We are here for you to talk to anytime you know that. Keep your heart open for the love we all have for you.
    Gail
    Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Hi all Glad to hear that Missy is happy with not only her new friend and with her weight loss but the news about her pending surgery. Great news Missy.

Trupeach Dont give up, I went through some rough times when I lost both my parents within six months of each other, both had sudden and fatal illness There are big blanks in my memory from that time
    We are here for you to talk to anytime you know that. Keep your heart open for the love we all have for you.
    Gail
    Aww thank you Gail. I am so happy right now. In fact as I type this we are voice chatting. So much fun this technology is!

Missy
    Old 08-20-2010, 04:47 AM
    Banned

it's Friday Missy soooooooooooooo time for your next date.
    Old 08-20-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    it's Friday Missy soooooooooooooo time for your next date.
    It sure is!!!!!!!!! My mom and I are getting the house ready and in a while we will be going to the store to get the things we need for dinner and then I will make the dinner and so all we have to do is put it in the oven. Yay!

I am so excited!

Missy