• General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Hi I have not been on this post for a while. I have not eaten in 2 weeks. Today is my first day to eat soft foods. I have lost 8 pounds in that 2 weeks. I still can't tell I'm still swollen from the surgery.
    Omigosh! I am so sorry you have not been able to eat. Would you remind me what kind of surgery you had. I sincerely hope youare on the upward swing! It is never fun to lose weight because you are sick.

I will keep you in my thoughts.
    Missy

Thanks. It was a Hiatal Hernia repair. Feeling much better today. And I am still eatting soft foods.
    I am so glad you are feeling better today. One step at a time!

Missy
    Old 08-24-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Hey Missy Sounds really good I love Quiche how do you make it?
    It's so nice that you and Mike are including your families in your new friendship. Have a wonderful time together. It's not often that we find someone we feel so comfortable with right away.
    Gail
    My Aztec Quiche is the easiest quiche ever. I use a frozen deep dish pie shell. I layer in the bottom with diced green chilis then top with shredded cheese. I then whiz my eggs in the blender and pour over the cheese/chilis mixture. Pop it in the oven and bake for about an hour or so. About 3-4 minutes before it is done top with the remaining cheese.

The palmiers are INCREDIBLE. Puff pastry with dijon mustard spread on the pastry before the andouille sausage is spread over it. Then you just fold over both sides of the pastry so that it kinda looks like a staple. Then back in the freezer to get hard again. Pull it out and slice with dental floss and bake. This looks so incredibly elegant but is easy peasy.

I have been debating about making blueberry scones with lemon glaze. Those are very easy too.

I just want this to be a nice brunch. I think I will use our china too. I know his mom drinks coffee so I will make some of that and I will also have juice.

I should take a picture of the table with it being set and the food on it. I have a beautiful Waverly table cloth with matching placemats and napkins.

Any ideas on anything else I can do? Hmmm....

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-103429.jpe  
    Old 08-24-2010, 08:33 AM

Quilted Dove, you and I are moving at the about same pace, isnt it great. I gain a little every weekend so my lowest weight is on Thursdy it seems. This am I was down 6.8 for the month.
    Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
    Quilted Dove, you and I are moving at the about same pace, isnt it great. I gain a little every weekend so my lowest weight is on Thursdy it seems. This am I was down 6.8 for the month.
    YAY! 6.8 pounds is great!!

I am very happy for you. Just don't deprive yourself the occassional treat. Everything in moderation will be the best bet. You guys are doing sooo good!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-103489.jpe  
    Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 AM

I have ice cream nearly every day. 140 calories to 330 calories depending on what I have.
    Old 08-24-2010, 09:31 AM

I have ice cream nearly every day. 140 calories to 330 calories depending on what I have.
    Good for you! I have been freezing my activia light and eating it like ice cream. Yumm-o!

The brunch on Thursday is going to be a diet buster but I do not eat like that often so I think it will be fine.

Missy
    Old 08-24-2010, 11:26 AM

Hi I have not been on this post for a while. I have not eaten in 2 weeks. Today is my first day to eat soft foods. I have lost 8 pounds in that 2 weeks. I still can't tell I'm still swollen from the surgery.
    Omigosh! I am so sorry you have not been able to eat. Would you remind me what kind of surgery you had. I sincerely hope youare on the upward swing! It is never fun to lose weight because you are sick.

I will keep you in my thoughts.
    Missy
    My hubby had that done and he was on soft foods for about a week; ie, jello, pudding, soup, juice, etc. Feel better soon.
    Donna

Thanks. It was a Hiatal Hernia repair. Feeling much better today. And I am still eatting soft foods.
    Old 08-24-2010, 07:49 PM
    Banned

Good for you! I have been freezing my activia light and eating it like ice cream. Yumm-o!

The brunch on Thursday is going to be a diet buster but I do not eat like that often so I think it will be fine.

Missy

Missy does the yogurt get really hard or is it kind of soft??????
    Old 08-25-2010, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Missy
    It gets hard like ice cream. Sometimes I stick a popsicle stick or plastic knife through the lid of the yogurt container and eat it like a popsicle.

Missy
    Old 08-25-2010, 06:01 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Missy
    Yum I have to do that. I like coffee ice cream and shakes so I will try it with coffee yogurt. I put it in the freezer and have it tonught as a snack

I am still not doing well. I haven't tried as hard as I was at the beginning. Maybe once the days get cooler I will stick to a diet. For now I am grateful I hav't gained back the 19 lbs I lost at the beginning of the year.

It gets hard like ice cream. Sometimes I stick a popsicle stick or plastic knife through the lid of the yogurt container and eat it like a popsicle.

Missy