Old 08-29-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
    Total weight loss to day: 6.6#s

As of 29Aug2010: 187.2
    As of 22Aug2010: 187.2
    As of 15Aug2010: 189.2
    As of 8Aug2010: 189.4
    As of 1Aug2010: 193.8

I WILL NOT BE DISCOURAGED! Did all you ladies from up North hear me scream that!?!

I don't feel better; let me try again!

I__W.I.L.L__N.O.T__B.E__D.I.S.C.O.U.R.A.G.E.D!!!!

Except for yesterday I was well within my daily allotted calories & I exercised 3 days out of 7. As I look over the past weeks activities & caloric intake, I noticed that almost 1/3 of my calories are what I consider of no significant nutrition value... I can't help but wonder what difference does it make as long as I stay within my prescibed numbers???

I will chalk it up to the old "I'm due for my period" and continue to work on improving *sighs*

My fat quarter is wtg to find out which of you ladies is the biggest looser :thumbup:

P.S. I adjusted my weight loss goal from 2#s a week to 2.5#s a week. That made my alloted calories go from 1534 to 1163. I felt comfortable w/the 1534... 1163 is gonna feel awlful! I guess will have to increase my veggies big time so that I will still feel as though I am not depriving myself when ever I get the urge to eat something.... Maybe I should buy a juicer.....
    I heard you in California!!!! :) This is good advice for me. Congrats on your weight loss.
    Old 08-29-2010, 11:28 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
    Total weight loss to day: 6.6#s

As of 29Aug2010: 187.2
    As of 22Aug2010: 187.2
    As of 15Aug2010: 189.2
    As of 8Aug2010: 189.4
    As of 1Aug2010: 193.8

I WILL NOT BE DISCOURAGED! Did all you ladies from up North hear me scream that!?!

I don't feel better; let me try again!

I__W.I.L.L__N.O.T__B.E__D.I.S.C.O.U.R.A.G.E.D!!!!

Except for yesterday I was well within my daily allotted calories & I exercised 3 days out of 7. As I look over the past weeks activities & caloric intake, I noticed that almost 1/3 of my calories are what I consider of no significant nutrition value... I can't help but wonder what difference does it make as long as I stay within my prescibed numbers???

I will chalk it up to the old "I'm due for my period" and continue to work on improving *sighs*

My fat quarter is wtg to find out which of you ladies is the biggest looser :thumbup:

P.S. I adjusted my weight loss goal from 2#s a week to 2.5#s a week. That made my alloted calories go from 1534 to 1163. I felt comfortable w/the 1534... 1163 is gonna feel awlful! I guess will have to increase my veggies big time so that I will still feel as though I am not depriving myself when ever I get the urge to eat something.... Maybe I should buy a juicer.....
    I know that it is discouraging at times, but you didn't gain any back so that is a big thumbs up :thumbup: Before you go out and buy a juicer you might want to look at some info on carbohydrates. Fruits and vegggies are good but some of them aren't the best to be eating when you are trying to lose weight. For example corn is a big no no. It is very high in carbs and doesn't give you an added benefit. I use the South Beach diet information along with the Abs diet info and then make up my own menu keeping some of this info in mind. I don't follow any specific diet just use some of the useful info that will work for me. I am not saying to cut carbs out totally just read about how they might be affecting your personal weight goal. Sometimes just a little tweaking of what you are doing can get the weight to start coming down again. Good luck and I always watch for your comments here. :)
    Old 08-29-2010, 12:46 PM

I know it is frustrating when this happens. The wrong response is to cut back more. It will force your body to think it is starving. No,no,no. Perhaps your body needs a break. Eat really well and start measuring. Muscle weighs lots more than fat. You may be having some muscle growth and strengthening. Keep really accurate records of input and exercise and watch the sodium.

If it doesn't turn around in 2 weeks,call your doctor.

My mother said you might need to increase the fiberous veggies. She said not to go below 1500 calories. Or, you could try eating normal for 2 days and then gave a very low calorie day with extra exercise. Go back to 2regular days then again a low calorie/extra workout. This sometimes works really well.
    Old 08-29-2010, 06:34 PM

I exercised 110 more calories than what I consumed. Yeah!!

I feel for you quilteddove, some days I consume less than a 1,000 calories but the weight doesn't come off. You are doing good so just keep pluggung at it.

I fell on my bike tonight. Hit my knee hard and twisted my back. It was really stupid, I got home and was trying to stop the bike and get off when my shoe caught in the pedal and over I went. I hope it doesn't swell.
    Old 08-30-2010, 04:55 AM
    Banned

Don't forget ladies tomorrow is the day for weigh in. Send me your loss and the winner will be post asap. Thanks

This months theme was food I have my FQ all ready wo go, it has cakes on in, BIG Beautiful decorated cakes. I hope the winner doesn't get carried away and eat it. lol
    Old 08-30-2010, 05:26 AM

My fat quarter is ready to go also. Will you be posting on here the winner or sending PM's with the winner's mailing info?
    Old 08-30-2010, 05:41 AM

I'm ready. My fabric has watermelon slices on it.
    Old 08-30-2010, 05:42 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Terryl
    My fat quarter is ready to go also. Will you be posting on here the winner or sending PM's with the winner's mailing info?
    I will post on here the winner then you have to PM her for her info.
    Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 AM
    Banned

Sept sign up thread is posted, here is the link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62156-1.htm#1516866
    Old 08-30-2010, 06:40 AM

Well, I got on the scale this morning and I have lost a grand total of 6.5 lbs. So I will mail my fat quater to the winner and I will try harder in Sept!