Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

• Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-06-2010, 03:56 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I tasted the most awefulliest salad dressing tonight. I don't eat anything diet just eat what I like just in smaller portions. (I do drink diet mountain dew) Well I bought a honey mustard dressing the other day but didn't realize it was lite. I poured it on to my plate all ready to eat. I dipped my chicken in it and yuck!!!!!!!!!!! It's going in the garbage. Why can't lite taste the same? Good thing I wasn't having a salad or my whole dinner would have been ruined.
    Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Queen Big Kahona, it's fun having you in charge! But I'm still going to hope that Tru gets to feeling better.
    Old 12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
    Banned

Queen Big Kahona some of us lowly servants here would love to see pictures of all the decorations you have been so hard working on. They sound totally awesome. As far as your sceptor watch out for the pointy end.

Tru, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

Bonnie - I hope you eat a reece's for me, they sound so good.

The next time one of us gets the urge to eat a goodie just tell yourself that it is one of Queen Big Kahona's voices telling you to do it and that you will have better control the next day.

Thanks everyone for all the daily updates. I check this thread at least twice a day, don't always comment but I sure get my chuckles.

Thanks again,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Old 12-06-2010, 04:41 PM

My favorite salad dressing is salsa. Low calorie, high fiber and nutrients, and I think delish! If you have to, mix with 1/2 ranch dressing. As for lite dressing, the only ones I like are the one's that Aldi makes. I think they're pretty good. I will NOT eat fat-free anything. Nasty stuff! :hunf:
    Old 12-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I tasted the most awefulliest salad dressing tonight. I don't eat anything diet just eat what I like just in smaller portions. (I do drink diet mountain dew) Well I bought a honey mustard dressing the other day but didn't realize it was lite. I poured it on to my plate all ready to eat. I dipped my chicken in it and yuck!!!!!!!!!!! It's going in the garbage. Why can't lite taste the same? Good thing I wasn't having a salad or my whole dinner would have been ruined.
    You know you are so right Carrie! I think that you can do fine using the weight watcher's trick with regular salad dressing and be just fine. I have often wondered why they cannot just remove some of the calories without removing all the taste. Yuck. I would toss it out too!

Missy
    Old 12-06-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by remclave
    Queen Big Kahona, it's fun having you in charge! But I'm still going to hope that Tru gets to feeling better.
    Oh suuuure. You say that you think it is fun with me in charge but once Tru gets back and is better you are sooo gonna boot me out on my butt---my porcubutt even!

:D

Missy
    Old 12-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Queen Big Kahona some of us lowly servants here would love to see pictures of all the decorations you have been so hard working on. They sound totally awesome. As far as your sceptor watch out for the pointy end.

Tru, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

Bonnie - I hope you eat a reece's for me, they sound so good.

The next time one of us gets the urge to eat a goodie just tell yourself that it is one of Queen Big Kahona's voices telling you to do it and that you will have better control the next day.

Thanks everyone for all the daily updates. I check this thread at least twice a day, don't always comment but I sure get my chuckles.

Thanks again,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    I actually just got my new camera all working so I am perfecting getting the lighting just right so it will take a good picture. I am working on it though!

Missy
    Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 PM

Proof That The World Is Nuts

In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death.

(Like THAT makes sense.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.

(Do they look different reversed?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse.
    This also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times.

(A brick?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.

(Much worse than 'going blind!')

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.

Let's just think for a minute; (is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands.

The husband's illicit lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.

(Ah! Justice!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England - but only in tropical fish stores.

(But of course!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.

(Makes one shudder at the thought.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time.

(I presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception:

Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.'

(Is this a great country or what?

Well,.... not as great as Guam !)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

(Who volunteers for these tests?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

(From drinking little bottles of ???)

(Did our government pay for this research??)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Butterflies taste with their feet..

(Ah, geez.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

(I know some people like that.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Starfish don't have brains.

(I know some people like that, too.)

*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And, the best for last?

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

(And I thought I had bad breath in the morning!)
    Old 12-06-2010, 05:38 PM

Tru, I see you are from the North Pole. They must have doctors up there. Santa looks very healthy. It's time to find one. Thank you for the MSG free sites. I'll see if Meijer's has the potatoes. They have a pretty good Uncle Bob's selection. They are increasing their gluten free bakery and mixes section, but the stuff is so pricy, I make my own when I really feel the need.

I bow down to you, Queen Kahona - now will someone help me get up, please?
    Old 12-06-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by remclave
    Oh suuuure. You say that you think it is fun with me in charge but once Tru gets back and is better you are sooo gonna boot me out on my butt---my porcubutt even!

:D

Missy
    :cry: I think NOT! I LIKES your butt without a boot in it. It's much prettier without it! :lol: