Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

• Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-12-2010, 08:45 PM

I like the churn dash quilt, great job!
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    TODAY, I am not longer obese, I am only fat. At least according to my BMI! 31 more pounds and I am in my weight range.

Congrats Carol I'm doing a happy dance for you. It's a great feeling isn't it.
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:52 PM

Great quilt Mary and a lovely family.

Lovely Churn Dash. Jennifer

Nice to visit with you all but it's time for bed. Good night all.
    Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 PM

Talk about weather. 12-15 inches of new snow with 40 mph winds. My neighbor plowed me out, so I decided to go to church. I made it, but it was tough going. With the economy, the city won't pay overtime for weekend plowing. Coming home, I buried my poor car up to the frame. Four sweet teenagers got me on the road again. I arrived home to no power, so I went outside and worked on the driveway and walked the dogs. I'd rather not stay in a cold house. The power came back on after 4 1/2 hours, so it could have been much worse.

Made me wish the 'new' machine I bought Friday had been a treadle. I did get an apron cut out while I had no power. Now to get it sewn - twelve yards of single fold bias tape go on one apron. Yikes!

Weight is holding - I ate screwy today with no stove, so we'll see.

Missy, the purse is cute. My preteen granddaughter would like it.

Anyone need some snow? We have plenty. 141 schools are closed tomorrow. I have a daughter stranded in Chicago coming in from the West. Call it an extra day of vacation.
    Old 12-12-2010, 09:16 PM

80 degrees today, but the nights get cool, in the mid 40s. But it's going to drop about 20 degrees by Wednesday.
    Old 12-12-2010, 09:22 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Talk about weather. 12-15 inches of new snow with 40 mph winds. My neighbor plowed me out, so I decided to go to church. I made it, but it was tough going. With the economy, the city won't pay overtime for weekend plowing. Coming home, I buried my poor car up to the frame. Four sweet teenagers got me on the road again. I arrived home to no power, so I went outside and worked on the driveway and walked the dogs. I'd rather not stay in a cold house. The power came back on after 4 1/2 hours, so it could have been much worse.

Made me wish the 'new' machine I bought Friday had been a treadle. I did get an apron cut out while I had no power. Now to get it sewn - twelve yards of single fold bias tape go on one apron. Yikes!

Weight is holding - I ate screwy today with no stove, so we'll see.

Missy, the purse is cute. My preteen granddaughter would like it.

Anyone need some snow? We have plenty. 141 schools are closed tomorrow. I have a daughter stranded in Chicago coming in from the West. Call it an extra day of vacation.
    We got about 4in. and all our schools are closed.
    My oldest DS is very upset about it. He seems to think the world evolves around him. You would think that after all the disappointments he would figure out that it doesn't. LOL!! I am ready to send him to school anyway.

Good night all. I am hoping to get up early and get my toppers and coasters sandwiched and finished.
    Old 12-13-2010, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    The rules................On Dec 1 weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT PM it to me. On Dec 30 weigh yourself again and PM me with your weight loss. That will be the ONLY time you PM me about your weight. You will come to this thread for encouragement, recipes, tips and {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} The person who loses the most amount of weight will be the biggest loser and the people who didn't lose as much has to send the biggest loser a themed FQ. That is the prize. You can not be the biggest loser 2 months in a row. This is for pounds lost not % lost.

There is always chit chat not pertaining to weight loss so if you will complain ( people have in the past ) PLEASE do not join as we do go off topic A LOT!!!!!!!!!!

Themed FQ..............Dec is the time for Santa, snow and parties. However Christmas is in Dec and the birth of Baby Jesus so this months theme is..............baby/children FQ.

As alway if you do not have the themed FQ and can not buy it PLEASE send what you do have. People in the past have not sent their FQ so do not join if you will not follow through and send the winner their much deserved FQ.

Now lets eat healthy, lose weight and have fun!!!!!!!

With Christmas this is going to be a hard month but we will get through it with the support from all who join.

So, when does one sign up for January. I need to join!!!!!! Edie
    Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by remclave
    OMG! I finally found the rest of my X-mas ornaments! My tree has personality now! :D

Bonnie, your quilt is very beautiful!

One day I will have time to learn how to make quilts! I have some hexagons put together and I have fabric to make a practice D4P but I must get through my list of other projects that is a mile long! I even have lots of muslin for backing! So close! Yet so far....
    I have been know to ask stupid questions but if you don't quilt how did you find your way to a quilting forum????????
    My favoritest person in the world is here! :D My mother! :mrgreen:
    Old 12-13-2010, 04:26 AM

I want to enter the weight loss for January. I can't find it. The only thing that comes up is "Enter by December 2" . Hey, it's too late for that one. I just am interested iin January. Anyone out there able to help me?????? Edie
    Old 12-13-2010, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
    I want to enter the weight loss for January. I can't find it. The only thing that comes up is "Enter by December 2" . Hey, it's too late for that one. I just am interested iin January. Anyone out there able to help me?????? Edie
    Edie, the thread for January won't be posted until this round is done. This round ends December 30th so maybe check for the January sign-up thread on December 31st.