Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

• Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-18-2010, 11:25 AM
    Banned

remclave.............recipe for homemade cream cheese.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 12-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl

I will never understand why I insist on loading up my plate with so many projects at this time of year. *shakes my head*

Oh well. Oh, by the way, I have lost another 7 pounds. I am finally for the first time in YEARS under 400 pounds. I finally weigh 393! That is a HUGE accomplishment for me.

Missy
    Now this is just sick I read LOADING UP MY PLATE and I'm thinking lasagna and garlic bread.

YYYYYYIIIIIPPPPEEEEEEEE under 400 now you could go to the mall and sit on Santas lap, you won't break his knees.
    You are right. You are one sick individual! But lasagna sounds great!

Would it be okay if I sat on Mrs. Claus's lap? Santa is a little creepy. LOL!!

Missy
    Do you think you could do it without resting your head on her boobs like a baby would? Then go for it.
    Uh. Probably not. Darn.

Missy
    Old 12-18-2010, 11:38 AM
    Banned

I was trying to decide what to make for starters when Jim comes in from Mass Christmas day. It will be served around noon and dinner will be at 3'ish. Here goes.......

1)Tomato basil bread with dill dip replacing 1/2 the mayo and sour cream with yogurt and fresh veggied to eat instead of just the bread.

2)red pepper relish spread using 1/2 cream cheese and 1/2 yocheese, low fat crackers

4)deviled eggs

5)fruit kabobs

I am omitting the pigs in the blanket, keilbasa, ravioli, cheese platter and pepperoni

I think with only 3 of us that is enough.

Dinner is roast beef, roasted potatoes (not mashed which are too fattening)brussel sprouts the kids like corn so that too. Cranberry sauce and I am missing something and I can't think of what it is.

Desert.........cookies and birthday cake.

The thing that is going to kill me is the eggnog I LOVE eggnog with extra whipped cream.
    Old 12-18-2010, 11:40 AM

Yeah Missy and Mary Jo! Way to go ladies! Little milestine make losing weight all the better.
    Old 12-18-2010, 11:43 AM

I was trying to decide what to make for starters when Jim comes in from Mass Christmas day. It will be served around noon and dinner will be at 3'ish. Here goes.......

1)Tomato basil bread with dill dip replacing 1/2 the mayo and sour cream with yogurt and fresh veggied to eat instead of just the bread.

2)red pepper relish spread using 1/2 cream cheese and 1/2 yocheese, low fat crackers

4)deviled eggs

5)fruit kabobs

I am omitting the pigs in the blanket, keilbasa, ravioli, cheese platter and pepperoni

Dinner is roast beef, roasted potatoes (not mashed which are too fattening)brussel sprouts the kids like corn so that too. Cranberry sauce and I am missing something and I can't think of what it is.

The thing that is going to kill me is the eggnog I LOVE eggnog with extra whipped cream.
    I think that menu sounds great! I will be there at noon on the dot. I want some of everything! I will be bringing something yummy like Texas Caviar. Yup. That will work.

Eggnog is uck on my tongue! *sticking tongue out*

See you at noon on Saturday!

Missy
    Old 12-18-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Yeah Missy and Mary Jo! Way to go ladies! Little milestine make losing weight all the better.
    So so true!

Missy
    Old 12-18-2010, 11:48 AM

I make choices before I go to a party/out to dinner. For instance, before going to my staff party I ate before going so I wasn't hungry, and I stayed away from the buffet. If I make the decision prior I don't have that anxious feeling when I encounter the situation.

Tru, if you want egg nog with extra whip chream, get the low fat whip cream, or (barf) the fake stuff. Skip one of the dips. Enjoy yourself, it's the holidays, use it as a cheat day.
    Old 12-18-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    I make choices before I go to a party/out to dinner. For instance, before going to my staff party I ate before going so I wasn't hungry, and I stayed away from the buffet. If I make the decision prior I don't have that anxious feeling when I encounter the situation.

Tru, if you want egg nog with extra whip chream, get the low fat whip cream, or (barf) the fake stuff. Skip one of the dips. Enjoy yourself, it's the holidays, use it as a cheat day.
    Tru...I agree with Carol! You should do what she said! Don't forget I am bringing the Texas Caviar!

Missy
    Old 12-18-2010, 11:57 AM
    Banned

4)deviled eggs

5)fruit kabobs

I think that menu sounds great! I will be there at noon on the dot. I want some of everything! I will be bringing something yummy like Texas Caviar. Yup. That will work.

Missy
    Missy do I dare ask what in the world is Texas Caviar?

Sherryl
    Old 12-18-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter

4)deviled eggs

5)fruit kabobs

Missy
    Missy do I dare ask what in the world is Texas Caviar?

Sherryl
    It is black eyed peas, tomatoes, jalepenos, onions (all diced small) add some garlic and salt/pepper and served with tortilla chips...SOO YUMMY!

EDIT: I forgot to say it has a lot of protein and other good for you things in it!

Missy