Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

• Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Hi y'all!! I've been trying to read anything but a lot seems to have been happening. Missy I would have been freaked out too!! I agree with Leota, the police need to know about the gun. There's no telling why the gun was hidden in the jeans.
    Old 12-21-2010, 08:42 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    I've been HUNGRY the last couple of days. Plus, it is to wet to exercise. I was going to work out to a TV program, but my internet and cable went out because of the rain.
    Carol I have had those kind of days and can never pin point the cause of the anger. I just chalk it up to being peri-menopausal. Yeah that sounds good to me.
    Old 12-21-2010, 08:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Just shoot me and get me out of my misery I have been eating cookie dough and frosting the entire day...ggggeeeeeee
    I won't tell you how I have been eating the last couple of days but you can just call me Miss Piggy! LOL!!!
    Old 12-21-2010, 08:57 PM

My stepdad took the gun to the police department. I am so glad it is not here anymore!

Missy
    Old 12-22-2010, 05:34 AM

Wow! What a stressful day this has been for all of us.
    Guns, Cookie dough, chocolate, everything is a mess I hope this holiday is over soon.

This is the first year we have ever had a live christmas tree. I was so happy with my little tree. My two daughters said they would like to decorate it so I said Ok. They have both grown up with the fact that i really hate the color yellow. What Do I come home to find but my beautiful tree decorated with yellow paper chains. I guess i never realized just how much hatred they obviousley harbor toward me.

So Missy if you have that gun just send it to me.
    Old 12-22-2010, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    Wow! What a stressful day this has been for all of us.
    Guns, Cookie dough, chocolate, everything is a mess I hope this holiday is over soon.

This is the first year we have ever had a live christmas tree. I was so happy with my little tree. My two daughters said they would like to decorate it so I said Ok. They have both grown up with the fact that i really hate the color yellow. What Do I come home to find but my beautiful tree decorated with yellow paper chains. I guess i never realized just how much hatred they obviousley harbor toward me.

So Missy if you have that gun just send it to me.
    Oh geez! That is so funny in a bad way! Those girls need to replace that yellow with something else. LOL! Children!!

Missy
    Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 PM

The window guys have arrived!!! WOOHOO!!! Now maybe our windows can be replaced this weekend. The cabinets are looking so good and the floor is gorgeous too. Right now my BIL is putting the 90" x 18" x 18" pantries together. There are two that will sit side by side. That is ALOT of pantry space. I am so excited about it because this means that I can get our food out of the quilting studio and put away along with all the kitchen stuff. WOOHOO!!!

I have to go to the store so I can get the stuff to make a chicken and veggie lasagna for dinner tonight. I am going to bake the cakes that I will be crumbling for the cake pops. SOO yummy and soo bad for me but it is Christmas and I think I should have fun. There is always tomorrow and next few weeks I will up my exercise.

If anyone wants to know how I make the cake pops just let me know and I will share that with you. They are darling and sooo yummy!

Okay. I am done for now. I hope you guys are doing well. I am thinking about all of you!

Missy

These are the reindeer ones...my wont be decorated that way...they will still be cute!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]147017[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-147012.jpe  
    Old 12-22-2010, 06:29 PM

Okay. It appears that I have been talking to myself these days. Keep it up and they will send me back to the white-coat pocky. Not a pleasant idea.

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-147102.jpe  
    Old 12-22-2010, 10:42 PM

ok, as Trupeach will atest to... I am a lousy cook.... I can't even get the ingredients right with her telling me what I need and me looking at it....
    Yeah....I called her about subbing sugar and milk with sweeten condensed milk... NOPE won't work... SOOOO She finds me a recipe that uses sweeten condensed milk and stupid here uses EVAPORATED MILK... now we have very strong chocolate milk schtuff... she rescues me by finding how to make fudge with CONDENSED milk... add marshmallows....no problem... spray pan so the stuff won't stick... only problem is I apparently sprayed too much and now the fudge tastes of canola oil... yuck... :(P.... sigh.... oh welll.... I sew good :D
    Old 12-22-2010, 10:53 PM

I weighed in today and I've gained 2 pounds this week. I suspect it was the Rotel dip at Mom's, I started eating it and couldn't stop. All that salt! We won't even discuss the calories.

This has been a surreal Christmas. My kids and gkids are all out of state. I mailed the presents. My dh is working 3 12-hour shifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after. We agreed to not exchange gifts because of the economy. So...just another day to sew.

My parents are still living and my brother has offered to come get me but we are expecting snow on Christmas Day...it may just be me and the puppies.