Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

• Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-23-2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Tru, what a sweet story. I loved it when someone made me something.
    That is exactly how I feel about gifts that have been made. I do have to admit that when I make homemade gifts for some people and see that they do not care about it or are less than happy with it that it makes me sad. I put a lot of effort looking for fabric or whatever and some people just cannot understand how my heart is poured out into the things I make.

Missy
    Old 12-23-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    That is exactly how I feel about gifts that have been made. I do have to admit that when I make homemade gifts for some people and see that they do not care about it or are less than happy with it that it makes me sad. I put a lot of effort looking for fabric or whatever and some people just cannot understand how my heart is poured out into the things I make.

Missy
    Presents from the heart touch my heart. I love the homemade as I know they took time and effort to create the item. Plus, I have an original, that is like no other! Maybe those who turn up their noses don't realize the time and effort it takes.

I gave my Dad a crazy quilt last year for Christmas, and he got all teary eyed. He leaves it on the bed in the spare room, and never uses it, it is for display only. I guess they show it to family when they visit, but it is not used. His skin is so thin he says he doesn't want to bleed on it.

Missy, I'll let you make me a quilt anyday! Or maybe a table topper, a needle case, a Christmas stocking, one off those little reindeer things....
    Old 12-23-2010, 09:16 AM

Oswald Spengler once said: "This is our purpose; to make as meaningful as possible this life that has been bestowed upon us; to live in such a way that we may be proud of ourselves; to act in such a way that some part of us lives on.
    All of us on the weight loss thread should be proud of the way we live our lives. We touch each others lives with care compassion and love. We are generous in small barely detectable ways that can change someone else's life forever, and we will live on in the hearts of everyone here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and remember everyday is a gift, that why we call it the present.

Love to you all
    Lisa
    Old 12-23-2010, 09:18 AM

We are in the midst of a severe ice storm. Most of Rapid City is shut down. I got a call from the IMPACT team a few minutes ago and they are having trouble getting the company cars out of the parking lot to deliver the meds to the IMPACT patients. My mom is worried that I will not get my meds today and that it will be a set back for me. I hope they call soon to let us know.

I have to go to the store soon to get the things I need to make the bbq baked beans.

The Air Force Base is closed so my stepdad is home which is a relief because now we can finish getting the cabinets hung. Yay! Only problem is that we do not have the granite yet so the lower cabinets will be fine just no counter top and the upper cabinets are hung no problem at all there.

I will probably make cookies today if there is room in here to do it. I should wrap presents today as well.

Lots to do I guess. Not a bad thing if I am unable to take my meds. Let us just hope I get them so I do not go backwards instead of forwards.

I hope those of you that lurk know that we are thinking of you and hoping you have a great holiday and for those that are regular posters...I am thinking of you and wishing you an great holiday too!!

You guys are the best thing that happened to me this year! I have made some great friends here and am so thankful for that!!

Love you!

Missy

Oh this reminds me...I need to make some potato salad for Christmas!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]147239[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-147234.jpe  
    Old 12-23-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
    Presents from the heart touch my heart. I love the homemade as I know they took time and effort to create the item. Plus, I have an original, that is like no other! Maybe those who turn up their noses don't realize the time and effort it takes.

I gave my Dad a crazy quilt last year for Christmas, and he got all teary eyed. He leaves it on the bed in the spare room, and never uses it, it is for display only. I guess they show it to family when they visit, but it is not used. His skin is so thin he says he doesn't want to bleed on it.

Missy, I'll let you make me a quilt anyday! Or maybe a table topper, a needle case, a Christmas stocking, one off those little reindeer things....
    I would be honored! :)

Missy
    Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    Oswald Spengler once said: "This is our purpose; to make as meaningful as possible this life that has been bestowed upon us; to live in such a way that we may be proud of ourselves; to act in such a way that some part of us lives on.
    All of us on the weight loss thread should be proud of the way we live our lives. We touch each others lives with care compassion and love. We are generous in small barely detectable ways that can change someone else's life forever, and we will live on in the hearts of everyone here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and remember everyday is a gift, that why we call it the present.

Love to you all
    Lisa
    Lisa you are so sweet! I do feel the same as you though. I hope that all of us read what you wrote. It is all so very true!

Missy
    Old 12-23-2010, 10:24 AM
    Banned

Missy, Joyce doessn't remember anything from before she was in her 20's from her brain injury. If I do have any GD I will make them flannel night gowns but this time around I will buy extra fabric to make them a quilt at the same time. That would be cute 3 differnt flannel nightgowns and I would make the same basic quilt like I made Joyce a sq in a sq and tie it.

This might sound crazy but about 8 years ago Joyce and I together in the fabric store, Joyce never go into farbis stores. We saw the most beautiful pin and ivory huge cabbage rose fabric. I bought bought what was left on the bolt, about 3 yds. They also had fabric that blended, little roses and dusty green. I think I have a total of 4 different fabrics. Enough for 2 quilts. I thought after the hoildays I will make two matching but not identical quilts and I will put them away if I ever have any GD. Then I will make 3 bys. If I die before any GC they will have something I made. If I don't have any GC one day the quilts could go to charity.
    Old 12-23-2010, 10:26 AM
    Banned

Beautifully said Lisa.
    Old 12-23-2010, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Missy, Joyce doessn't remember anything from before she was in her 20's from her brain injury. If I do have any GD I will make them flannel night gowns but this time around I will buy extra fabric to make them a quilt at the same time. That would be cute 3 differnt flannel nightgowns and I would make the same basic quilt like I made Joyce a sq in a sq and tie it.

This might sound crazy but about 8 years ago Joyce and I together in the fabric store, Joyce never go into farbis stores. We saw the most beautiful pin and ivory huge cabbage rose fabric. I bought bought what was left on the bolt, about 3 yds. They also had fabric that blended, little roses and dusty green. I think I have a total of 4 different fabrics. Enough for 2 quilts. I thought after the hoildays I will make two matching but not identical quilts and I will put them away if I ever have any GD. Then I will make 3 bys. If I die before any GC they will have something I made. If I don't have any GC one day the quilts could go to charity.
    Sounds like a good plan. I am so sorry Joyce has had to go through so much since her injury. Making new traditions would be good for her. I think that you will have GC one day. I have that in my heart for you. I know you would love to snuggle a grandbaby!

I hope the rest of your day is a good one! Don't stop writing...I do not want to be all alone here! LOL!!

I just finished gluing sequins on all of the stockings I made for this year. They are incredibly cute. It is so awful weatherwise here. Yuck. I will begin wrapping presents here in a few minutes.

Update on the meds: I have NONE. My mom is really worried that they will not be delivered to me today. If they do not get here then you guys have to talk to me here so I do not go bonkers. 'kay???

Missy
    Old 12-23-2010, 11:36 AM

Missy you should have enough medication in your blood to substain you for the day. You know you'll be low so make plans to help you through the day. You'll be OK. Trust yourself.