Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

• Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-25-2010, 05:13 PM

I had a great Christmas. I've haven't been exercising and my calorie intake has been higher, but it has still been reasonable, my caloric high was around 1,700, which is high but not to bad. I have next week off so I'll be able to excersise a bit more and make up for this week.

Christmas is a day of hope and I hope all of you had a wonderful day!
    Old 12-25-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    I'm pretty sure I gained too. Not from overeating, exactly, but when I don't eat I gain. My body goes into starvation mode. I've had a very nauseous day. Was not able to finish even half of supper.

Missy, your kitchen is awesome! So lovely. I hope you enjoy it as you deserve something so nice.

Tru, it will be okay. Christmas comes once a year. Next week you'll start back up on your routine and get back in the groove.
    Thank you soo much!!

I got a Nook Color for Christmas. I have been downloading books and magazines and newspapers all day. In the morning I am doing to download them from my laptop to the Nook. Hopefully Barnes and Noble wont be as busy tomorrow cause today was CRAZY busy on their site.

Books and e-readers must be all the rage this year. If you do not know what the Nook is...here is a link to show what it is and does...I so love technology!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookco...?cds2Pid=30919

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-147850.jpe  
    Old 12-25-2010, 09:58 PM

I would LOVE a Nook or any ereader. I'm a voracious reader. Everything including cereal boxes! LOL!
    Old 12-25-2010, 11:07 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by purplemem
    I would LOVE a Nook or any ereader. I'm a voracious reader. Everything including cereal boxes! LOL!
    I love my Kindle - wouldn't trade it for anything.
    Old 12-25-2010, 11:12 PM
    Banned

Thank you soo much!!

I got a Nook Color for Christmas. I have been downloading books and magazines and newspapers all day. In the morning I am doing to download them from my laptop to the Nook. Hopefully Barnes and Noble wont be as busy tomorrow cause today was CRAZY busy on their site.

Books and e-readers must be all the rage this year. If you do not know what the Nook is...here is a link to show what it is and does...I so love technology!

So with the color Nook is it just like a laptop screen now?

Thanks,
    Sherryl

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookco...?cds2Pid=30919

Missy[/quote]
    Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you Missy for the free snowmen! LOL!! It looks like it flurried most of the night and it's still snowing. I love the snow but my DS and BIL have a 5 hour drive today to get back home and they will have my oldest Son with them. I will be spending most of my day in silent prayer for them to make it home safely.
    Old 12-26-2010, 07:46 AM

Sheryl,

Yes it is like my laptop. The keyboard is not little buttons but rather buttons on the screen that you touch. It is really neat!

Missy
    Old 12-26-2010, 09:13 AM

I got an external hard drive so that we can upgrade one of the desktop computers so I don't have to use DH's computers anymore. And I got the book Quiltagami: the art of fabric folding. :D and DD #2 bought me Beginner's guide to Bobbin Lace..now I have to get the pillow made and get the bobbins... and DD#1 got me The 12 Teas of Friendship.... I'm going to have lots of fun this year :D...
    Old 12-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
    I got an external hard drive so that we can upgrade one of the desktop computers so I don't have to use DH's computers anymore. And I got the book Quiltagami: the art of fabric folding. :D and DD #2 bought me Beginner's guide to Bobbin Lace..now I have to get the pillow made and get the bobbins... and DD#1 got me The 12 Teas of Friendship.... I'm going to have lots of fun this year :D...
    Aww Leota! That is so nice that you were able to get that hard drive and all the other sweet things! I looked the Quiltagami up on amazon and it looks like a fun thing to do. When you make that pillow I wanna see what it looks like!

You guys have been such a family for me and for that I will be eternally grateful! I am so glad that those that have posted have said that they have had a great holiday.

You guys rock!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-147913.jpe  
    Old 12-26-2010, 01:28 PM
    Banned

185.................and sitting here eating cookies....ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr