Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

• Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-26-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    185.................and sitting here eating cookies....ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr
    It is only the day after Christmas! It is okay to eat those cookies because you will get back on the bandwagon soon. I would not worry about your weight right now.

Missy
    Old 12-26-2010, 01:47 PM
    Banned

So I google this and the average american gains between 7 and 10 lbs over the holiday.
    Old 12-26-2010, 02:13 PM

FAST FACT

Think about what you're shopping for BEFORE you step into the store. Sixty to Seventy percent of what ends up in your shopping cart is unplanned.

(For those to do not know me very well...I am addicted to reading labels and learning what the food packaging really is saying when you see it in the store. I am rereading for the millionth time the book Read It Before You Eat It. I cannot recommend this book enough!! If you want to know what certain words or phrases that is put on our food then READ THIS BOOK. It is well worth the money and time.)

Missy
    Old 12-26-2010, 02:36 PM

FAST FACT:

No fresh fruit? Try dried. A quarter cup of dried fruit counts as 1/2 cup fresh fruit, or one fruit serving.
    Old 12-26-2010, 03:02 PM

FAST FACT:

Once you start paying attention to the serving size, you'll notice how many products reflect unrealistic sizes. This alone could be keeping you from fitting into your desired size.
    Old 12-26-2010, 03:11 PM

ok Missy,
    I am going to follow The Biggest Loser 30 day Jump Start.... my next problem is having he incentive/energy/discipline to prepare the meals and eat at proper times... aka breakfast before noon type thing....
    Old 12-26-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Originally Posted by purplemem
    I would LOVE a Nook or any ereader. I'm a voracious reader. Everything including cereal boxes! LOL!
    I love my Kindle - wouldn't trade it for anything.
    I am with you...I love my Kindle. I have had it for just over a year and I kid you not I read more. My hands don't go numb holding it like when I read a paperback.
    Old 12-26-2010, 03:25 PM

I think I will just put my FQ in a envelope now and put the address on it when we are done. I lost 1.5 lbs. but gained it and more over the past 2 weeks!!

I hope that this continues to run in January. I would like another go at this.
    Old 12-26-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
    ok Missy,
    I am going to follow The Biggest Loser 30 day Jump Start.... my next problem is having he incentive/energy/discipline to prepare the meals and eat at proper times... aka breakfast before noon type thing....
    What about preparing the meals in advance (like maybe twice a week cooking for 3 days and putting the food in single serving size containers)? Then all you would have to do is heat up your food. It might save money that way too.

One thing that I do is make sure I eat at least half of my requirement for fruit and dairy for breakfast and then do the same but vegetables instead for lunch with 1/4 to 1/2 of your required protein. That would free up your snacks to be veggies and fruit and maybe a hard boiled egg and then dinner would be protein, carbs, and veggies.

This is not difficult just time consuming in the preparation. After a few weeks it is just habit.

I hope I did not sound pushy or anything. I just want to share what I have been learning through this journey with the nutritionist and what I have been reading.

Missy
    Old 12-26-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    FAST FACT

Think about what you're shopping for BEFORE you step into the store. Sixty to Seventy percent of what ends up in your shopping cart is unplanned.

(For those to do not know me very well...I am addicted to reading labels and learning what the food packaging really is saying when you see it in the store. I am rereading for the millionth time the book Read It Before You Eat It. I cannot recommend this book enough!! If you want to know what certain words or phrases that is put on our food then READ THIS BOOK. It is well worth the money and time.)

Missy
    Haven't read the book but I practice this advice religiously. My daughter HATES going shopping with me because of this!