Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

• Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-26-2010, 10:10 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by purplemem
    I'm proud of her, also. She did great!
    I was really surprised that she chose this layout but she did a pretty good job of piecing them. Only a few seams were off and a few seams weren't sewn properly but I fixed those.
    Not sure she has the patience to make another one tho. LOL!!!
    Old 12-26-2010, 11:09 PM
    Banned

Well Tru I am in the same boat as you. I am sitting here eating some potato chips which I haven't done in months. But at the same time I am reading all the great info Missy put out here and I am feeling just a tad bit guilty for the chips. Oh well, did I mention that my DH got me a WII Fit Plus for Christmas. So after this weekend I will start using it along with the eliptical which I haven't used at all this month since I was so busy doing customer quilts. I haven't stepped on the scale for about a week either. Usually I do every morning just to keep a tab on what is happening. The chips are really the first bad thing I have had all month.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Old 12-26-2010, 11:10 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Leota
    ok Missy,
    I am going to follow The Biggest Loser 30 day Jump Start.... my next problem is having he incentive/energy/discipline to prepare the meals and eat at proper times... aka breakfast before noon type thing....
    Hey Leota,
    If you could give us a sample of what this entails maybe a few others might want to do it to.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Old 12-27-2010, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
    ok Missy,
    I am going to follow The Biggest Loser 30 day Jump Start.... my next problem is having he incentive/energy/discipline to prepare the meals and eat at proper times... aka breakfast before noon type thing....
    Hey Leota,
    If you could give us a sample of what this entails maybe a few others might want to do it to.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Could anyone tell us how those that would like to get in on all of this could join for January? There aren't many more days left in December and would like to get all my eggs in a basket here. I am really looking forward to this! Edie
    Old 12-27-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Sugar the evil one!!! bwahahaha!

Aww just kidding. I wanted to give you yet another blurb out of this book.

"In general, the closer the number of grams of sugar is to the total carbohydrates in each serving, the less nutritious it is. Here's an example: Let's say you are in the supermarket trying to decide between two cereals. One has 20 grams of total carbs and 3 grams of sugar, and the other has 20 grams of carbs and 12 grams of sugar. If you deduct the grams of sugar from the grams of total carbs in both examples, the number that's left is the amount of healthier carbohydrates. In this case, the first cereal would produce a number of 17 (20 minus 3), while the other cereal would give a number of 8 (20 minus 12), so the first cereal is the better choice.

Does that make sense? When I go shopping for groceries I am forever holding similar items side by side to see which is more nutritious.

That will probably be the last post tonight. I know I know. Enough already. The people have spoken.

Missy
    This I did not know! Thanks, Carol
    Old 12-27-2010, 06:51 AM

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I havn't been keeping up with the thread too busy. I'll have to check it out and see what you wild bunch have been up to.
    I have totally eaten everything I felt like I didn't keep track of anything and didn't exercise for the last wk. I don't want to get on the scale. I had a great time but now it's time to get back on it. Sooo I got up at 5:20 and went for my 2 mile walk. Can't seem to get myself to do my Elliptical training so I'll try that again tomorrow. My biggest goal is to start eating good again today. Starting with pumpkin pie oats. Yummo

I see in my absence I have lost my regular here status.
    Old 12-27-2010, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Look my DD made her first quilt top but I did the rest. I am very proud of her. It is for her boyfriend.
    She did a great job!!!

Missy
    Old 12-27-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Sugar the evil one!!! bwahahaha!

Aww just kidding. I wanted to give you yet another blurb out of this book.

"In general, the closer the number of grams of sugar is to the total carbohydrates in each serving, the less nutritious it is. Here's an example: Let's say you are in the supermarket trying to decide between two cereals. One has 20 grams of total carbs and 3 grams of sugar, and the other has 20 grams of carbs and 12 grams of sugar. If you deduct the grams of sugar from the grams of total carbs in both examples, the number that's left is the amount of healthier carbohydrates. In this case, the first cereal would produce a number of 17 (20 minus 3), while the other cereal would give a number of 8 (20 minus 12), so the first cereal is the better choice.

Does that make sense? When I go shopping for groceries I am forever holding similar items side by side to see which is more nutritious.

That will probably be the last post tonight. I know I know. Enough already. The people have spoken.

Missy
    This I did not know! Thanks, Carol
    You are most welcome!

Missy
    Old 12-27-2010, 07:16 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Edie
    Originally Posted by candlequilter
    ok Missy,
    Hey Leota,

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Could anyone tell us how those that would like to get in on all of this could join for January? There aren't many more days left in December and would like to get all my eggs in a basket here. I am really looking forward to this! Edie
    Tru will post here and on the board when the new sign up starts. Just keep track of this one and you will know when. it should be in a few days.
    Old 12-27-2010, 07:18 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Look my DD made her first quilt top but I did the rest. I am very proud of her. It is for her boyfriend.
    She did a great job!!!

Missy
    Thank you! She is pretty proud of it because I didn't have to help her with the piecing but my machine on the other hand threw fit after fit with her. I just laughed because it ran just fine for me.