Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 AM

I missed signing up in time to participate in February, but I will follow along to encourage all you, as I will be continuing my weight loss, on my own, as well. Life, right now, is very hectic for me. So much going on. I have felt plum attle brained the past few days. Lots of stress, for which I won't get into. However, I am staying as far from the kitchen as I can. Keeping myself busy with my "work work". I hope you all have a good day. Good luck with making healthy choices of what goes in your mouth and how much moving you do. Sandy
    Old 02-02-2011, 08:38 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    I missed signing up in time to participate in February, but I will follow along to encourage all you, as I will be continuing my weight loss, on my own, as well. Life, right now, is very hectic for me. So much going on. I have felt plum attle brained the past few days. Lots of stress, for which I won't get into. However, I am staying as far from the kitchen as I can. Keeping myself busy with my "work work". I hope you all have a good day. Good luck with making healthy choices of what goes in your mouth and how much moving you do. Sandy
    You know that true will probably let you in for Feb because you were with us in Jan. LOL!
    Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaD
    Since it is only 2:14 on Feb. 2, I can still get in. I weighed and sure enough, I have a "couple" extra pounds...But I have very good reasons for every extra pound. It all started in 1984 when I had a baby, then I qui smoking, then I had a baby, then I quit work to stay home, then I had a baby, then when I went back to school and finally got a good job, I had another baby... Those babies each left me with just a bit to remember them by...Don't worry, no more babies for me. I found out what caused them. lol So I'm in...OMG, I'll do anything for a FQ.
    Very funny and we can all relate.
    Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    FOR ALL WHO ARE PRAYING FOR THE BABY:

Good news! Makinlee (baby) and Melanie (Mom) are coming home today! They had a good night and have been discharged. Thank you for your love and prayers. It matters.

MJ (grandmom)
    I am so happy for them. Prayer works!
    Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Tru's power must have went out because she's not been on here this morning. Boy I'd hate to be in that aweful weather without power for heating.
    Old 02-02-2011, 10:29 AM

Great news about the baby!

I didn't start gaining weight until 15 years after the birth of my fifth and last child, so I can't blame that. But it doesn't matter how it got here, I AM dealing with it and loving having y'all for support. My goal for the month - to lose 3 pounds instead of last month's 2. Doesn't sound like much, but line up three pounds of butter and then try to hide them on your body.

Just think how many calories are being burned across the country shoveling snow!
    Old 02-02-2011, 10:46 AM
    Banned

I am making a broccoli lasagna, veggie soup, 3 bean salad and a garden salad. I am set for the next few days. No excuse to eat crap.
    Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by DonnaD
    Since it is only 2:14 on Feb. 2, I can still get in. I weighed and sure enough, I have a "couple" extra pounds...But I have very good reasons for every extra pound. It all started in 1984 when I had a baby, then I qui smoking, then I had a baby, then I quit work to stay home, then I had a baby, then when I went back to school and finally got a good job, I had another baby... Those babies each left me with just a bit to remember them by...Don't worry, no more babies for me. I found out what caused them. lol So I'm in...OMG, I'll do anything for a FQ.
    You're fine with the time. I put the 2nd every month just so there is some cut off date but we are easy here (well Missy is) I allow sign up usually until the 4 after that it is too late and we had all had a 4 day head start.

welcome aboard!!!!!!
    Old 02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Crafty Chick
    If it is not too late-I finally found the post and want to be in for February too!
    you'r fine I already counted you since you were in last month and sent me the PM
    Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by purplemem
    FOR ALL WHO ARE PRAYING FOR THE BABY:

Good news! Makinlee (baby) and Melanie (Mom) are coming home today! They had a good night and have been discharged. Thank you for your love and prayers. It matters.

MJ (grandmom)
    Thanks for the update you know how we all worry about each other. Glad everyone is fine.