Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-05-2011, 07:37 AM
    Banned

24 graphic pictures...............this is what has causes me to lose sleep all the time.

http://www.wlwt.com/slideshow/news/23658982/detail.html
    Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 AM

Oh Tru,
    It hurts so much to see those pix.

Big [[[[HUGS]]]]

mj
    Old 02-05-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    24 graphic pictures...............this is what has causes me to lose sleep all the time.

Oh wow. Joyce has really been through the wringer! What happened to the person that did that to her? I hope they threw the book at him!

I totally understand why you have trouble sleeping. I would too.

Please hang in there! I do love you mucho!!

Missy
    Old 02-05-2011, 10:43 AM

Oh, my word. Is she your daughter or granddaughter? Looks like she has progressed well with the healing. What happened to the person who did it and WHY did he do something like that? My dad had lost an eye when he was a little boy from a rock throwing incident. He had adapted to it as he was only 5 when it happened but it affected his life forever.
    Old 02-05-2011, 10:46 AM
    Banned

Thanks MJ and Missy.

There were 4 guys 1 is in JV till he is 21 he was 17 at the time so he will be out in 2 years. There was no one to sue. Joyce's medicals bills were more then a million, she had no insurence. Some of it doesn't have to be paid back, it was a charity case. However all her meds had/have to be paid for. Even with her collecting disability it doesn't even covers her expences. On top of that those pictures were from before her 4th surgery. She looks worst now then then and she has had 5 surgeries so far. I guess they had to make her look worse before she could look better. I don't know but days she pulls her hair back I can't look at her, I get sick to my stomach. Her head is still crushed in like a can. And the last few days she is forgetting more.........sigh........
    Old 02-05-2011, 10:50 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Threadedneedle
    Oh, my word. Is she your daughter or granddaughter? Looks like she has progressed well with the healing. What happened to the person who did it and WHY did he do something like that? My dad had lost an eye when he was a little boy from a rock throwing incident. He had adapted to it as he was only 5 when it happened but it affected his life forever.
    my daughter........she didn't heal that was the problem. her head is still crushed in like a can because she rejected the titiaum and it had to be removed. in March they will decide what to do next. Her surgeries are not complete the next 1 is March or early April.
    Why was it done you asked??????????because stupid people decided they wanted to throw 5lb rocks at passing cars.
    Old 02-05-2011, 11:04 AM

How awful, I am praying for her recovery and for your recovery also. My heart aches for you.
    Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Tru Joyce is still such a beautiful young lady. You need to stop worrying about what happened and just be thankful that she is still with you. I know it is hard to forget, don't get me wrong I am just saying.
    I do remember when this happened and remember thinking that I hoped they caught the boys that did this and praying for the family that was affected by this trajedy. Little did I know I would get to know the mother of this young lady. Not just on the board but also on the phone.
    If you ever just need to talk you know you can call and I will listen.
    Praying for a relaxing day for you and that you can rest tonight.
    Old 02-05-2011, 05:14 PM

Tru, prayers for you and your beautiful daughter, Joyce!!! Big hugs for you too, Sandy
    Old 02-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Tru, you don't know me, I'm pretty new to the club, but I have a story I'd like to share with you.
    And I hope you don't still look at those pictures. I promise you it is not good if you do.

My daughter was in a car accident. She had a little bitty Subaru. Some boys in a pick-up were showing off. They pulled their truck in front of her and their back bumper caught her front bumper. Her car flipped three times, each time her head was banged on the pavement. They drove off and left her. Thank God there was an older lady who saw it happen and came to her rescue. Her testimony helped catch the boys and they were prosecuted but served no time. They said they were just "playing around".

Julee had blonde hair to her hips. She was nearly completely scalped. Her forehead was caved in and she had a piece of skull missing. They sewed her scalp back on but the hole in her head took forever to heal. She has a star shaped scar that covers half her forehead and her left eyebrow has an inch missing in the middle. This happened when she was seventeen.

That was thirteen years ago. Today her hair doesn't grow like it once did. It barely reaches her shoulders but as she says, at least she has hair. She wears bangs which cover her scar for the most part but her eyebrow is still missing its' middle. Her plastic surgeon was going to fix it but Julee found out she was going to use pubic hair and refused. She was after all just seventeen and was embarrassed by the thought. Silly little girl. Now she says it gives her distinctive looks. She has grown up so much.

The boys who nearly killed her never showed any remorse. Just tough luck for Julee. I kept up with them for years in the hopes that something horrible would happen to them and I could be witness. It never did. I prayed to God for vengence to fall upon them and then got angry because He didn't. I sent graphic pictures to their parents so they would know what their children had done. They never replied.

What wound up happening is I let my hurt and bitterness and anger consume me. I hate to see that happen to anyone. I lay awake at night trying to think how I could hurt them and not have to go to jail. I wanted to kill them. I imagine some of those same thoughts have crossed your mind. If not forgive my assuming. But as your friends have said, thank God you still have your daughter. It will take a long time, but some day you will be able to look at her without being consumed with grief. And one day she will be able to look into a mirror and not be sad at how she looks. But her acceptance will be directly tied to yours. The longer she knows you suffer because of her, the longer it will take her to accept what happened as just part of life. And I hate it, but it is true that bad things happen to good people.

I didn't mean to sound preachy, just wanted to let you know I've been there and done that and so I know it will get better. You just have to make up your mind that those boys had the power to hurt you and your daughter, but they do not have the power to rule over your feelings for the rest of your lives.

You are in my prayers and in my daughter Julee's prayers, too. This too shall pass...

Love and prayers,
    DonnaD