Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-15-2011, 04:25 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Carol is there any one thing that you can pin point to being the problem? Do you think it has anything to do with the passing of your loved one? If I was there I would give you a great big hug honey.
    Old 02-15-2011, 04:36 PM

My surgery date is March 31. I have to lose 5+ pounds a week in order to have surgery that day.

My dinner is a grilled salmon fillet and a side salad. My breakfast was applesauce and lunch was a salad with turkey and ham and topped with an asian ginger dressing that is only 35 calories. I will have consumed 1000 calories at the end of the day.

I walked two miles in the pool this morning and will be doing the same thing at 6:00 am tomorrow and every day. Before I go to bed tonight I will be doing my 35 minute exercise program that is for people in wheel chairs or who have difficulty standing. I will be doing this everyday until surgery.

Whew. I am really excited and scared all at the same time.

Please pray for me guys. I sure need the prayers as I go through this process over the next 6 weeks and 2 days.

Missy
    Old 02-15-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Carol is there any one thing that you can pin point to being the problem? Do you think it has anything to do with the passing of your loved one? If I was there I would give you a great big hug honey.
    Thanks Carrie, I do miss my dad.
    Old 02-15-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    My surgery date is March 31. I have to lose 5+ pounds a week in order to have surgery that day.

My dinner is a grilled salmon fillet and a side salad. My breakfast was applesauce and lunch was a salad with turkey and ham and topped with an asian ginger dressing that is only 35 calories. I will have consumed 1000 calories at the end of the day.

I walked two miles in the pool this morning and will be doing the same thing at 6:00 am tomorrow and every day. Before I go to bed tonight I will be doing my 35 minute exercise program that is for people in wheel chairs or who have difficulty standing. I will be doing this everyday until surgery.

Whew. I am really excited and scared all at the same time.

Please pray for me guys. I sure need the prayers as I go through this process over the next 6 weeks and 2 days.

Missy
    Prayers are there for you Missy. What ever happens you win.
    Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM

I hope you are feeling a bit better today Tru.
    Old 02-15-2011, 05:27 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Missy keep up the attitude and you will be succeed. Now that you have a goal and a plan I believe you can and will have that surgery. You go girl!!! I'm cheering for you!!!
    Old 02-15-2011, 05:52 PM

Big hugs to everyone, man February is one tough month! Lots of pedal to the metal eating plans and exercise. Mine isn't through my doctor but several of us at school are on the same plan. Used to be you had to work with a doctor, but now the HCG can be taken in drops not just shots. 26-40 days with a 500 calorie eating plan very limited: 4 oz (when raw) of specific proteins, 1-2 cups one type of short list of vegetables, 2 servings of fruit an apple, orange, 1/2 grapefruit, or 7-10 strawberries; and one grissini bread stick or Melba toast twice a day. No oils of any kind, stevia for sweetner, 1 tblsp Fatfree 1/2 & 1/2 or 2% milk, coffee, tea and water only. Tough but doable. Got to get rid of at least 15 lbs before I leave for Thailand/ Laos/ China March 16. Lots of plans, lots of hard work-- forward Team Quilters!!! Love and support to all!
    Old 02-16-2011, 01:37 AM
    Banned

it is 4:30am I haven't slept yet I am sick. I have a headache from hell I am freezing yet the sweat is pouring off me. I feel like I have to throw up and I wish I would it might make me feel better. I have a knot at the top of my tummy. I can't keep my eyes open but the pain is keeping me up. The last few months I've been sick alot. I thik is more then I have even been sick in my entire life. gggggggrrrrrrrrrrr
    Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    it is 4:30am I haven't slept yet I am sick. I have a headache from hell I am freezing yet the sweat is pouring off me. I feel like I have to throw up and I wish I would it might make me feel better. I have a knot at the top of my tummy. I can't keep my eyes open but the pain is keeping me up. The last few months I've been sick alot. I thik is more then I have even been sick in my entire life. gggggggrrrrrrrrrrr
    Tru I rarely get sick, I put it down to four things, I rarely touch door knobs, I use a paper towel or tissue or wash my hands after. Second, I eat lots of veggies and beans, third I drink a lot of water daily and I drink Kumbucha (Kambucha). It's a probiotic. It is suppose to boost your immune system.

I gave the Kumbucha to my dad when he had intestinal problems for weeks and it cleared it up within days. I haven't gotten a cold this year or the flu, even though my husband has had two severe colds.

If you have a lot of allergies I wouldn't try it, but it runs about 4.00 a bottle at a health food store. It is fermented tea, the longer it ferments the more vingery the taste.
    Old 02-16-2011, 06:18 AM

You know how sometimes the devil just seems to be attaching, full force, from all corners of your life? You feel you just CANNOT jump another hurdle..... Then, bam, life throws you another curve. And it doesn't have to be something huge, it just has to be "something" because you've had so much thrown at you lately you just feel you can't take 1 more thing? Well, that is where I am right now.

Hubby moved my "work station" back upstairs prior to surgery so I wouLdn't have to contend with the stairs.I have only gone downstairs a few times, and I always had shoes on. My sewing/quilting is down there, but I just haven't felt like messing with it yet. Well, last night after dinner, I decided to go downstairs and try to get some organization to the sewing/quilting side of the room. A lot of boxes have been unpacked and the "stuff" is just sitting there waiting on me to organize it.I got downstairs, switched my sewing table and another table around. I went over toward the bathroom (that still isn't finished, as the ** contractor ordered a COMMERCIAL toilet, and now we're having to wait on the correct toilet to come in). Anyway, I was barefoot and what did I feel on the bottom of my feet?? squishy water. A huge area of the carpet is wet. I was livid!!!! I immediately called the "contractor", who right away started blaming the plumber that initially plumbed the house when it was built 3 yrs ago. I quickly told him it was NOT their fault, it is HIS fault. I reminded him we had no leak of any sort before he recently finished out the basement. I was not a happy camper and he knew it. He said he couldn't come out last night but will "try" to be out here today or tomorrow. While he and I were talking/arguing, Chris took the ceiling tile down, climbed on the ladder and looking down between the wall of my office and the bathroom, could see a leak behind the cold water faucet.

I am furious, to say the least. I have a brand new room, with beautiful carpet that is now 1/3 soaked. A toilet that has not even been placed yet. (He had to special order the toilet due to some 2" rough in thing). Now, the baseboards will have to be taken off, the wall cut, so everything can dry and mold won't set in. However, John, the "contractor", says, "Oh, I'll just get in there and tighten that and you'll be good to go." Due to our dealings in the past, and especially with his knowledge and buying a commercial toilet for a home, he probably hasn't thought he is going to have to cut into the wall and such. I'm sure he is going to try and do as little as he can, but he has another thing coming. He is messing with me today and I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!

Thanks for letting me vent. I hope all of you have a wonderful day. Tru, I hope you feel better. Missy, I'm glad to hear you sound so good. Had you on my mind and in my prayers. Prayers for all the requests. Hugs to all, Sandy