Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-17-2011, 06:02 AM

Good morning everyone. I sure hope everyone is feeling much better this morning. There's so much sickness all around. I'm sorry there are so many of you feeling puney. Bless your hearts. I pray today will be a much better day for all of you. Big hugs of good health to all, Sandy
    Old 02-17-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Today I weighed in I was disappointed I was doing so good the right amount of calories, pilates 4 days a week what went wrong. Then I remember someone had a link to a girl that exercised and took pictures even though she wasn't dropping alot of weight you could see the difference in her weekly pic. I could see the difference in me. My stomch started right under my chest and it POPPED out it didn't look that way today or actually the last few days. I measured on the 1st soo I measured again today. Now my hips when I look at me look the same I have the darn fat the hangs and that measurment didn't chnage but are you ready for this????????????

On the first my waist was 39 1/2" today my waist is 38" I lost an entire 1 1/2" in 2 weeks YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEE!!
    Yahoo!

Also remember for those of us who are/were over weight, the skin needs a chance to shrink back even after the weight is gone.
    Any tips on the skin thing....that's my excuse for not losing some weight...at 58 I'm afraid everything will sag so that it will look worse than being overweight....and Idon't want to go the plastic surgery route.
    Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 AM

I hadn't seen this before. Do you do it every month? Maybe it will be an incentive for me to get with it. I'm going to start in the middle. . .
    Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by quilter1943
    I hadn't seen this before. Do you do it every month? Maybe it will be an incentive for me to get with it. I'm going to start in the middle. . .
    yes we do it every month. Why don't you follow along comment if you like and join next month. I start a new thread ever month but post the link on this thread a few days before the beginning of the next month.
    Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 AM
    Banned

OMG........we're dropping like flies with this stomach thing. Today I still have a headache from hell. Not so barfy anymore. The pains in my head are so bad I can't chew it hurt too much.......I BETTER have lost weight.

I hope we all feel better ASAP!!!!
    Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by kathymarie

Any tips on the skin thing....that's my excuse for not losing some weight...at 58 I'm afraid everything will sag so that it will look worse than being overweight....and Idon't want to go the plastic surgery route.
    EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!! The skin will shrink if you exercise. If you don't exercise that is when it sags and bags.
    Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM

Good morning everyone. Haven't been on for 2 weeks and trying to catch up. I was sick for a week and just didn't feel like I wanted to be on the thread. Yes, February is a bad month, it seems. My Mom passed away in Feb., 3 yrs. ago and on Feb. 13 it would have been my Dad's 100th birthday--he passed away 22 yrs. ago. I miss them both very much. I don't like being sick and usually am very healthy; however, when I do get sick, I really get sick!! I was in bed for 5 days and just am now getting back my energy.

Edie, I did go to Walmart yesterday and bought the Leslie Sansome tapes. My 4 yr old GD and I were exercising to the CD yesterday and it seems like I will like it. She also has a little yoga on the CD I bought which I love.

I have been working on a crochet project for my 4 yr old GD. I am making her a swing coat which is just adorable. When I finish, I will post it on the thread. I have the 2 fronts and the back done -- now on to the sleeves, etc.

I have also been quilting a little. Just can't seem to get into it right now. I feel more like crocheting and probably because it's been so cold.

Anyway, prayers to all of you who are suffering right now and Love you.
    Donna G.
    Old 02-17-2011, 10:23 AM

Hey gang, boy, miss a day or two and you have to read 30 pages to catch up.

I had the bad tummy thing for 3 solid weeks. It hung around so long because I also had the flu. Hubby tried to get me to go to the doctor but I told him "I'M TOO SICK" cause I was. Finally went to the doc Monday cause I was all out of my meds from being snowed in and lying at death's door unable to move and I am down 8.6 pounds total for the month. I figured I'd gain cause I felt better last week and ate like a starving dog. But 2.6 pounds lost is better than 0 so I am happy.

Today the sun is shining, I'm not sick, baby boy is cleaning house(he's 25 and is living with us until he graduates from state trooper school in May)and hubby said he wants to grill tonight so I don't have to cook. Woohoo!!
    Too bad I hate char-grilled food.

For Valentines my DH shocked me. Honestly, 30+ years and the most I ever got was flowers from Walmart. Last Saturday, he asked if I wanted to go with him to Jonesboro, 80 miles away. I said no. (he said he was going to take his bow to get it adjusted so he could go back to the deer woods one more time this year) So he said, come on, we'll go out to eat anywhere you want. I said no, I'm on a diet. He said come on, we'll go to that flea market you love. I said no, I don't want to. Then he said "Get your butt in the truck. I'm not going by myself." (HATEFUL JERK OF A MAN) I was so TICKED OFF. But I got dressed and combed my hair. I hate doing that, it's so much trouble. But he won't let me go anywhere in my house coat. (STUPID MAN.) Then after we get to Jonesboro, he goes straight to Hancocks, hands me a hundred dollar bill and says I'll be back when they get my bow adjusted. Get yourself some of those fat things. (he's heard me say fat quarters but has no idea) He got back in time to give me an extra $20 cause I went crazy. This is after all a once in a lifetime experience. Then we went to eat and OMG, YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE THIS...He took me to Hobby Lobby and handed me HIS credit card. I asked how much can I spend (I'm starting to feel guilty) and he says get what you want. Just stay under the credit limit. Now I'm thinking something has damaged his brain. So Hobby Lobby got another hundred bucks. Then he tells me "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you, I love you, I love you, and that's all for today." (that PRECIOUS man).

Then Tuesday, baby boy wanted me to go car shopping with him. He offered my Kentucky Fried Chicken to go with him. I said no, I'm on a diet. He said they have grilled. I said no, I want to stay home. He whined. You never go anywhere with me. So I got dressed and combed my hair. I HATE THAT.
    But when we got to Dexter he took me to my favorite quilt shop, went inside with me and handed me fifty dollars and told me to spend it all. I'M BEGINNING TO SUSPECT A CONSPIRACY. But I spent the money. (he'll borrow it back sooner or later but I don't care) And he said Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Mother's Day, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. Now you can't whine if I forget one of them.

This week, I hardly worried about being old or fat or ugly at all. My guys love me anyway. (LUCKY WOMAN)...
    Old 02-17-2011, 12:09 PM
    Banned

Donna you hit the mother load..........now where are the pictures?
    Old 02-17-2011, 12:33 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Donna you hit the mother load..........now where are the pictures?
    I was wondering the same thing. Where's the pictures?????