Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Cindy...When you said to grow taller the first thing I thought of was that table stretcher that was on the Adams Family of Monsters I can't remember which show it was. It was in their basement. There was something that went around the persons arms and legs and they cracked it to stretch them.

Missy get your mind out of the gutter! It was not for S&M.......LOL
    OH TELL THE TRUTH TRU! You know you are into whips and chains and bondage!! Wanna know how I know that? Because I videotaped you with your hunk of a boyfriend! HAHAHA!!

Missy the Terrible
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-154564.jpe  
    Old 02-19-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
    Okay I want to know how a "bug" gets passed around on our Internet website? It sounds like we all work at the same place or something! Please do not give it to me I have way too many things on the "to do" list to be sick! Hope you all feel better. My #1 recommendation is Vernor's gingerale. Diet or regular. It's made with real ginger and ginger helps stomach problems. I'm down 6.8 lbs, Working hard at it. Take care every one!
    It's a "computer" virus :D
    DH had the bug for 3 weeks... still caughing a little. I was sick for 2 weeks and mom was sick for a week...
    Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 PM

I did so good last month. This month has been awful. I lost 3 lbs, gained it back, lost 3 lbs, gained it back, so shouldn't that count as losing 6 lbs. Oh well on the bright side my DH put together my elliptical machine yesterday. I have a question, how can you can eat 1/2 cup if ice cream and gain 2 lbs. The ice cream doesn't weight 2 lbs. How can it turn into 2 lbs. of fat? I don't get it.
    Old 02-19-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    how come i am the only one here? i guess it means i win the FQ's.
    I'll send you a fat lip :D
    I haven't been on much... have my kitchen finished and carpet in ... house is wealwwy pwetty :D
    and I am having fun staining my cabinets and I hope to get them finished by next week so I can start cooking in my own little kitchen... this eating out twice a day is killing my weight loss... I am still only down 4lbs this month but that's better than going back up.
    Old 02-19-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I did so good last month. This month has been awful. I lost 3 lbs, gained it back, lost 3 lbs, gained it back, so shouldn't that count as losing 6 lbs. Oh well on the bright side my DH put together my elliptical machine yesterday. I have a question, how can you can eat 1/2 cup if ice cream and gain 2 lbs. The ice cream doesn't weight 2 lbs. How can it turn into 2 lbs. of fat? I don't get it.
    It' WATER... Ice cream has a lot of sugar ... yes... sugar can cause water retention too... I find it more so than salt...
    Old 02-19-2011, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the info
    Old 02-19-2011, 07:35 PM

When I was getting my F4's in the mail for last month (thank you everyone) I noticed the difference in the postage that was on the envelopes. I sent one to Edie, it was in a legal size envelope and I only needed 1 stamp. I did have it wieghed by my post office. Some I recieved in the same size envelopes had 2 or 3 stamps. I hate to see anyone pay too much for postage. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.
    Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 PM
    Banned

thanks for letting us know about the postage. I usually put 2 stamps on. And I am late this month again. I always sent it at as soon as I got the addy but the last 2 months I am behind. I think it is becasue before Christmas my stash was upstairs in the living room or my sons bedroom. Just before Christmas I put in where it all belonged in the family room downstairs in bins. gggggggrrrrrrrr I better get it this week and mail it.
    Old 02-19-2011, 08:28 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by irishrose
    I'm here, too, but not losing any weight and for the first time in my life, I don't care. Walking is so da@#$%ed important and cortisone is what it takes, then so be it. I never though I'd say that. Normaly, I hate the stuff and argue about using
    I have a balance disorder so it is hard for me to walk I CAN NOT STRESS enough pilates do wonders. I do it in bed 15 minutes 5 days a week. I don't do it Wed and Sunday. I am not really losing weight, I weigh in tomorrow so we will see this week HOWEVER I AM losing inches. I posted it last week the difference.
    Old 02-19-2011, 08:29 PM
    Banned

I see Missy is back to her normal self.......she THINKS the key word is THINKS she video taped me. :shock: :shock: :shock: