• General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    carol thanks for the info about saggy baggy skin.

if you lose the extra 35 what would you weigh and how tall are you? i am soooooooo proud of you!
    135 and just under 5'8''
    OMG what are you going to do get a job as a runway model? :shock: :shock:
    Old 02-20-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    carol thanks for the info about saggy baggy skin.

if you lose the extra 35 what would you weigh and how tall are you? i am soooooooo proud of you!
    135 and just under 5'8''
    OMG what are you going to do get a job as a runway model? :shock: :shock:
    With my arms fan the crowd!
    Old 02-20-2011, 07:59 PM

I must admit I'm not real clear on what pilates is, I need a stretching regimen Would pilates help? what is a good starter website or video? Do you need bands? Down 8 lbs so far this month, but I need to work on flexibility. Thanks Carol for the skin sag update. Anyone remember the Golden book "Saggy, Baggy Elephant"? Well that'll be me no $$ for the life style lift!
    Old 02-20-2011, 08:04 PM

Sorry I hit send too quick. NannySandy I am so sorry you are still feeling so lousy. Have you touched base with your Dr. or gone in for an appt? Nothing worse than a nonstop headache! {{{Hugs & prayers}}}
    Old 02-20-2011, 08:20 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have been here but only lurking. I got up this morning with a sore throat and fever. Now I have a sinus headache. All I want to do is sleep but alas I can't I have to keep an eye on little man. I felt so bad that I stayed in my jammies all day, just changed into clean ones for bed. LOL!!

I let Eli play out back while sat at the kitchen table where I could see him and sew at the same time. I started on a D9P, I got 4 blocks done. This is my first time making one. So far so good!!

If you don't hear from me in a few days it means I am still sick.
    Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 PM
    Banned

cybrarian......YES PILATES WOULD HELP...........i can not stress it enough. every month i rave about pilates. the story.......pilates was invented by a doctor during WW2 so that the soldiers in bed could get exercise no matter what their disability was. pilates is your own body strength pulling against itself. i use stretch bands. i don't have a dvd i do my own thing. included in the box is instructions so you can do them. i like what is called a 4 way ab stretch and also a wide resistance band. i do it in bed. within about 2 weeks you can see the difference of being more toned. i just started to do them on a regular basis at the beginning of feb i am up to 1/2 hour a day. what i realized is i am getting stronger. we have a puppy and she would pull me and my shoulder would go out. i hardly ever took her out and was waiting for her to be trained. i HAD to take her out last week and even though she pulled me my shoulder wasn't pulled out. i have now been taking her out almost everyday and my shoulder has been fine. the only thing i could think of is the pilates. check out amazon.com. i like everlast and ballys.
    Old 02-20-2011, 08:29 PM
    Banned

Cindy I hope you feel better soon. If you lived closer I would babysit Eli until you were better. I miss having a little one. He is not that young that I have to change diaper and he is at the fun age I would bake cookies and brownies with him. When my kids were little and if I was sick I would let them bring stuff into my bed so I could rest while they played. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
    I must admit I'm not real clear on what pilates is, I need a stretching regimen Would pilates help? what is a good starter website or video? Do you need bands? Down 8 lbs so far this month, but I need to work on flexibility. Thanks Carol for the skin sag update. Anyone remember the Golden book "Saggy, Baggy Elephant"? Well that'll be me no $$ for the life style lift!
    OMG, I remember that book. I loved that book! I also loved "The Grasshopper Man". I have been looking for it all over. I am not in the challenge this month, but I have lost another three pounds. Well of course with all the snow shoveling - I don't have to spend money on weights - JUST LIFT SNOW!!!!

Edie
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:25 AM

cybrarian...I haven't called a Dr. I have a bug thats going around. Diarrhea for 2 days, barely eating anything as I have been so nauseated. The headaches are just going along with this mess. I was hoping to be over it by today but I am more nauseated this morning, then I've been the past few days. It's time for this bug to just move on out of here.

I hope you all have a good day~ Sandy
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I have been here but only lurking. I got up this morning with a sore throat and fever. Now I have a sinus headache. All I want to do is sleep but alas I can't I have to keep an eye on little man. I felt so bad that I stayed in my jammies all day, just changed into clean ones for bed. LOL!!

I let Eli play out back while sat at the kitchen table where I could see him and sew at the same time. I started on a D9P, I got 4 blocks done. This is my first time making one. So far so good!!

If you don't hear from me in a few days it means I am still sick.
    Carrie, prayers going up for you! There is so much stuff going around.

I've been kinda lurking also. Not sick, praise God, knee issues. Really struggling to not whine or be a B! Coping with pain is the pits. At least our weather is decent. Sorry for the new snow falling.

Big hugs to all.