Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-17-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaD
    Anyhoo, I get a tummy tuck nearly every day...roll it up and tuck it in my panty hose.

DonnaD

8-)
    Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Donna, what wonderful men you have. How long did it take to train them that way? I LOVE reading your story - I laughed all the way through!

Still having trouble with my knees - no exercise. Can't even stand long enough to wash dishes.While I haven't oogled over any pictures on the board, I have done lots of hand quilting - so much so that my fingers are sore.
    I only wish they were trained... This stuff came out of the blue. But I am grateful for them even when they don't buy me stuff. I married the man my daddy liked and have never had cause to regret it. Although the man my momma liked is an OB-GYN who makes lots of money... I should have known he'd be a woman's doctor... he was always wanting to play doctor, if you know what I mean.

And my baby boy is one of a kind... Now if I could just find him a wife... one who quilts and likes mother-in-laws and cooks and likes mother-in-laws and keeps a clean house and likes... well, you know. Someone kinda like me, only nicer.
    Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
    Banned

I am 5'6" so I checked the ideal weight for my height. It is between 117-143. Are they friggin kidding????????????/
    Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 PM

I have been reading everyday, but not posting. Not much to say. I won't be the winner this month. I am on cortisone again. That stuff puts weight on me like nothing else and it doesn't come off easily. I have imflammation and nerve damage in last Summer's surgical site (left foot). I need my feet. I can't walk two dogs in a wheelchair.

I like stopping in here and reading of everyone's successes. I don't like reading of your illnesses. Flu is such miserable stuff. I hope everyone feels better tomorrow - nah, make that right now.

Donna, I don't wear pantyhose daily anymore, but spandex corduroys are pretty good at tucking the tummy in. That was cute.

I am going to bed at a decent time tonight. No 3 am. Maybe I'll feel like cleaning just one corner of my house tomorrow.

Tru, what do you think is a good weight for 5'6"? I'm aiming for 138, but will settle for 143. I'm down to 5'5 1/2" from 5' 7 3/4", so I have use 5'6" on the charts.
    Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

All I can say is my eating is out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ate a big bag of M&M's over a 3 day period. I stepped on the scale and now I am not happy with myself. I put 2 pounds on. :( Nope I refuse to do that. For dinner I ate a chicken salad. Yesterday I couldn't eat dinner. Whatever I ate for lunch did a doozy on my stomach. No more over eating. I am done with it.
    Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by CAROLJ

My Dr. told me to do Yoga or any exercise that enlongates the muscles.
    I wonder if pilates enlongates the muscles? I also wonder how you could possibly enlongate your stomach muscles.
    Grow taller!
    Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM

Yea Tru,I am here just reading and not saying much.I did not sign up for this month because I am not paying alot of attention to my eating right now but I am going to the gym 3 days a week and some times 4 at the butt crack of dawn and I am beginning to feel better.I will begin to pay attention to weight in a month or so.I am 5'6 also and the charts are crazy.I can tell you I look my best between 150-160.At that weight you can see my hip bones and my husband says when I weigh less I look malnourished.We are all built different and carry weight differently so I don't think the charts can really tell you what you should weigh.You know what weight you feel and look good at.
    Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I am 5'6" so I checked the ideal weight for my height. It is between 117-143. Are they friggin kidding????????????/
    So my dream of 130 is not beyond the realm of possibility, eh? Edie
    Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 AM

Finally over the tummy troubles. Back to trying to lose weight. I am so stuck at 265.

My temporary goal is 200, and I am 5'6". I have not weighed under 240 in 30 years. It seems like such a long way away.

I am working on my sewing room, reorganizing. Please see my posted thread that starts with My disorganized... I would love your comments and cheerleading as I slog on through.

Happy Friday! The weekend is almost here!

Plan to have a productive weekend and it will happen. (thinking positively! :-D )
    Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cbridges22
    .I am 5'6 also and the charts are crazy.I can tell you I look my best between 150-160.At that weight you can see my hip bones and my husband says when I weigh less I look malnourished.
    That is the weight I look best at too. I started at 209 and said I had to loss 50 lbs I have been 180 for months I just can't seem to lose the rest.