Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-13-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    Why can't the world be wrapped in ribbons? Why can't people just love each other? Why does life have to contain so much pain, disappointment and sadness? Family in crisis. I don't know if I will ever recover from this.
    Really sad, bad day today.
    Lisa
    Bless your heart. I'm sorry. Consider yourself hugged. Will say prayers for you and your family right now. God Bless you all. Sandy
    Old 01-13-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Here is my lastest quilt. This is for those who don't surf the QB. I am really liking this quilt but I can't have it, it is going to be auctioned off at the Tymeless hearts carnival. Unless I can make a better one. Do you think it would bring them much or should I make another one. BTW I still have to finish it, in other words I haven't sewed the blocks together yet.
    I think it's lovely! I love those colors & that pattern!!!
    Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Originally Posted by purplemem
    From the massive blood clots I survived last winter, I was put on warfarin for life. Warfarin is a blood thinner. Because it is a difficult substance to control, blood levels are required weekly. The blood test is called an INR/protime. Everything I eat affects the blood levels. So does exercise and water intake.

If I have a high INR, I have a large chance of internal bleeding. If my INR is too low, I risk another blood clot. It is a fine balance.
    Oh goodness!! That has got to be extremely hard to deal with. I will be praying for you.
    Thank you for explaining it to me.
    I survived a "sudden death" embolism and more than 30 blood clots in my lungs. That I am alive today is a miracle from God.
    oh wow! praise God that you made it ...now I understand the quote in your siggy.
    Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by Lucymae
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    I just got home a bit ago from my wheelchair yoga class. Holy Moly!! I am worn out. It felt so good to move like that (even if just in a chair)! The teacher was wonderful at helping me do some of the moves. I can see how this can help me in the long road though. It can really help with flexibility and endurance. Hopefully as the weeks progress I will end up less sore.

Missy
    I did Sittercize? and was exhausted after half the tape...know what you mean. I am doing some oxigenator machine now..have to start slow I am so out of shape.

Keep wheeling!!
    I am not giving up even if I am so sore and tired! I really want to lose this weight and doing what I have to do is very important to me.

Missy
    Good for you!!!! I guess the soreness means it's working! I'm doing the Wii Active 2 & you should hear me pant & moan & yell at the TV. Each day is a different group of muscles targeted & I have felt muscles that I forgot that I had. BUT I will have a flat tummy again someday~ maybe not soon but 'someday'.
    Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 AM

Why can't the world be wrapped in ribbons? Why can't people just love each other? Why does life have to contain so much pain, disappointment and sadness? Family in crisis. I don't know if I will ever recover from this.
    Lisa
    oh no! sending lots of hugs & prayers for you.
    Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Lisa
    Lisa I'm so sorry you are having a rough time. I don't know what's going on but God does. I'll be praying for you. We're here if you need us.
    Old 01-13-2011, 09:36 AM

Stop talking about fast food!! You are making me want a burger and chili cheese fries. Good thing my van is in the shop and it's way too cold to walk to town. LOL!!
    LOL! Okay I will shut up and talk about fruit. Or Fruitcakes which really just means I will talk about myself. LOL!!

Missy
    Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM

Lisa
    Oh Lisa! I am so so sorry you are going through such a hard time right now! BIG HUGS!!!

Missy
    Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 AM

I bought the sitercise exercise DVD from Amazon this morning. It is an exercise program for people in wheelchairs. I am not in a wheelchair but struggle with walking for a long distance (outside of the pool) and standing for a long time. I am hoping this DVD will help me get more exercise and ultimately lose more weight.

Someone here mentioned it yesterday and that is how I heard about it. Who ever you are that mentioned it...THANK YOU!

Missy
    Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 AM

I've been using a similar DVD for a couple of months. It has really helped my breathing when I do walk outside of the house. I didn't mention it, but you made a great choice in my mind. When is your surgery?