Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-17-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR MANY PRAYERS. THE FAMILY APPRECIATES THEM SO MUCH!!!

Carrie, I hope everyone in your house is well very soon. I'm sorry for your pain. Bless your heart. Will say prayers for you and your family as well.

Everyone, we need to keep the pep talks going. That's what keeps me going and doing good. Had baked fish and baked potato for dinner tonight.

I hope you all have a good night. That all the ones that feel pewney, feel all well real soon. Prayers for all you, my sweet quilting friends. Hugs, Sandy
    I am continuing to pray for you and your family and will not let the candle burn out. I hope with my whole heart that he is found. Hang in there!

Missy
    Old 01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Missy thanks I really needed that laugh. I can feel my cheeks turning red from smiling. I am talking about the cheeks on my face!!!!
    Ohh suuure you are talking about the cheeks on your face! I think Tru might be right though. I must have lost my purse-o-pills cause I am acting like this all over the place. My mother is swearing I have lost it completely. I think I finally have. *sigh*

HEHEHEHE!!

Missy
    Atleast you seem to be in a happy mood!! I would take that insane behavior over the doom and gloom anyday.
    Old 01-17-2011, 05:45 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you Sandy!
    Old 01-17-2011, 05:50 PM

UPDATE ON JAMES: They found his hat in the water but that is all they have found so far. I will update as I get more info. Thanks again for all your prayers. Hugs, Sandy
    Old 01-17-2011, 05:51 PM

I am just reading this for the first time. I don't know exactly what I weighed on Jan. 1, but more than I should. If you all don't mind, I'll sort of hang around to remind myself about losing weight, but I won't send in anything official. Maybe next year - assuming I'll still need to lose weight - HA! I have set up my ironing and cutting station in a separate room from the sewing machine. Will that count as exercise?!
    Old 01-17-2011, 06:28 PM

James wrote this on his facebook page in April of this past year.

Take time to love someone. Today, Tomorrow, For the rest of your life. Because when that unexpected day comes that they pass on, you'll be left wondering what you could've done better. How you could have made them feel more welcome, and show that you do care for them. Don't wait until it's too late like I did. Show the love that Jesus has for you to everyone you see. Let your heart break for what breaks His. Christ is enough. Let Him show you life. You never know who He may touch through you. It is so sad that it takes a tragedy like this to comprehend how our days are numbered. Only He knows. Keep your faith in Him. He will bless you beyond belief. Our job is right now. This very second. So often, God gives me a little nudge towards someone.. and I put it off until the next day.. and then the next and then the next. Stop stalling. God put us on this earth for HIS glory. Not ours.. and so many times, the things I do always point back to me and my stupid self righteousness. So do something with me. Everyone. If this just touches one person, I will have done my job. Don't stall. Judgement is a heart beat away.

Very touching isn't it? Hugs, Sandy
    Old 01-17-2011, 07:00 PM
    Banned

Sandy how touching, but I am wondering who is he talking about when he wrote "don't wait until it is too late like I did."
    Old 01-17-2011, 08:06 PM

Sandy,
    My prayers are with your family during this time....

weight was down to 147 and then back up to 149... up and down...

Packing up the house so the floors can be replaced from the Thankgsgiving flood...that should count as something int he exercise world...

No time to grumble... life is good.
    Old 01-17-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    James wrote this on his facebook page in April of this past year.

Take time to love someone. Today, Tomorrow, For the rest of your life. Because when that unexpected day comes that they pass on, you'll be left wondering what you could've done better. How you could have made them feel more welcome, and show that you do care for them. Don't wait until it's too late like I did. Show the love that Jesus has for you to everyone you see. Let your heart break for what breaks His. Christ is enough. Let Him show you life. You never know who He may touch through you. It is so sad that it takes a tragedy like this to comprehend how our days are numbered. Only He knows. Keep your faith in Him. He will bless you beyond belief. Our job is right now. This very second. So often, God gives me a little nudge towards someone.. and I put it off until the next day.. and then the next and then the next. Stop stalling. God put us on this earth for HIS glory. Not ours.. and so many times, the things I do always point back to me and my stupid self righteousness. So do something with me. Everyone. If this just touches one person, I will have done my job. Don't stall. Judgement is a heart beat away.

Very touching isn't it? Hugs, Sandy
    Yes! Very touching indeed. It should be a lesson for all of us

Missy.

Mi
    Old 01-17-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Missy thanks I really needed that laugh. I can feel my cheeks turning red from smiling. I am talking about the cheeks on my face!!!!
    Ohh suuure you are talking about the cheeks on your face! I think Tru might be right though. I must have lost my purse-o-pills cause I am acting like this all over the place. My mother is swearing I have lost it completely. I think I finally have. *sigh*

HEHEHEHE!!

Missy
    Atleast you seem to be in a happy mood!! I would take that insane behavior over the doom and gloom anyday.
    You are so not kidding!

Missy