Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-18-2011, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    Momma_K, potatoes aren't a good enough visual for me. Think of 10 pounds of butter or worse yet, 10 pounds of lard.

Fibromyalgia and the many arthritises I've managed to pick up all do better with moderate exercise. Sometimes hard to do, but it works as long as you don't overdo it. My dogs are my lifesavers. I Can't refuse to go walking with a SIberian Husky/Shiba Inu and a Border Collie mix bouncing around inside the door.
    You are right about the fibromyalgia. I have it too and I have found that yoga is good---stretches the muscles and lessens the pain.
    Can't sleep tonight, thought I'd see what's been going on here. Again, I'm not getting my pages from here. Yoga? I really never thought of that one, I'll look into it and see what I can do. I'm out of my meds and getting out of bed and moving about the house is a chore last several days. Thank you for the thought, we need each others help if we're serious about the weight thing.
    Kathy
    Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K

Can't sleep tonight, thought I'd see what's been going on here. Again, I'm not getting my pages from here. Yoga? I really never thought of that one, I'll look into it and see what I can do. I'm out of my meds and getting out of bed and moving about the house is a chore last several days. Thank you for the thought, we need each others help if we're serious about the weight thing.
    Kathy
    Hi Kathy.... I'm sick too. Took some double doses of my expectorant.. (instruction allows for this)... but now I'm BING wide awake, while everyone else in my house is asleep. I can't exercise at the moment, or I'll cough myself to death and the fever will come back... <sigh> It's my first day outta bed in a week, and I'm woozy... but not sleepy. Grrrr. Hate being sick. And sick of yogurt and chicken soup. lol

Okay... enough ranting from me. <giggle> I'm so sorry that getting out of bed at the moment is a near impossible task. Wish there was something I could do to help! I know! >>> <cough, cough>
    Old 01-18-2011, 01:08 AM

Hi Kathy.... I'm sick too. Took some double doses of my expectorant.. (instruction allows for this)... but now I'm BING wide awake, while everyone else in my house is asleep. I can't exercise at the moment, or I'll cough myself to death and the fever will come back... <sigh> It's my first day outta bed in a week, and I'm woozy... but not sleepy. Grrrr. Hate being sick. And sick of yogurt and chicken soup. lol

Okay... enough ranting from me. <giggle> I'm so sorry that getting out of bed at the moment is a near impossible task. Wish there was something I could do to help! I know! >>> <cough, cough>[/quote]

Aww geee, you being so thoughtful enough to write makes me feel so good. Ha! I hate to cough because of a weak bladder! Shhh don't tell anyone! Ha!
    I sure hope you get to feeling better too, There should be a law against having to go thru these virus' and such...((((BIG HUGS)))) back at ya!! Thanks...really.
    Old 01-18-2011, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K

Okay... enough ranting from me. <giggle> I'm so sorry that getting out of bed at the moment is a near impossible task. Wish there was something I could do to help! I know! >>> <cough, cough>

Aww geee, you being so thoughtful enough to write makes me feel so good. Ha! I hate to cough because of a weak bladder! Shhh don't tell anyone! Ha!
    I sure hope you get to feeling better too, There should be a law against having to go thru these virus' and such...((((BIG HUGS)))) back at ya!! Thanks...really.[/quote]

Somebody told!!!!!!!!! I have been keeping the Depends stock quite busy on Wall Street!!! I have had this whatever you want to call it - I just say I have a cold to everyone - to me, it is the worst virus I have ever contracted. Been lousy for a week now. But, I always work it out of me. I shoveled the snow, washed clothes, changed the sheets, baked, cooked, ironed, vacuumed, etc, grocery shopping, errands, letting Miss Bess out every time she sits at the back steps and in when she gives us her "Get me the heck out of this cold weather bark"... So instead of this thing lasting a week and a half, it only lasts 10 days! Plus in place walking about two miles a day. I may be sick, but I am a healthy sick. Now I have to go out and move the van because we are in a snow emergency, and unless I move it, ticket time!!!!! Have a great day to all of us sickies. Edie
    Old 01-18-2011, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mary O
    Is anyone on a low carb diet?
    I am. :) I'm in a stall right now. On January 1st, I weighed 249.8. Today I weigh 249.6. I will stay on plan because I do lose in small dips.
    Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 AM

Well, I finally had a successful day yesterday. I didn't eat after 7 PM and even though I was up late--sewing of course--I did not give in to temptation and have a snack. I've had a terrible time staying on goal, and don't even want to think about weighing myself on January 31, but I will stick with it. Just having a good day yesterday really helped me get back into thinking I can do this.
    Old 01-18-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
    Originally Posted by Mary O
    Is anyone on a low carb diet?
    I feel better when I do a low carb diet. I was on one for 3 years , best three years of my life, then I started eating sweets again and gained the 70 lbs plus more back after loosing it and keeping it off for 3 years.

I have tried them all, I think what works for some may not work for others, It depends on our each individual make up. My self I do so much better on low carb in so many ways.
    Rae
    I am on a low carb diet. I lost 6 lbs the first week and then got sick for 2 weeks with whatever that awful virus is that is going around. When I get sick, I eat everything and anything. Gained it all back, but am starting to eat right again today. Need some help on foods or recipes that are really good for low carb diets.
    Old 01-18-2011, 10:02 AM

I'm still doing ok, when I'm up late which is about every night, I fall prey to the clutches of the white monster...the refridgerator!! BUT...! I'll either do an Activia Light and or an orange and plenty of water! That way I'm safe and feeling full. I haven't weighed again yet but I know I'm doing good!
    Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 AM

Just trying to get caught up on all the posts!!! Have had quite a month!!! Woke up one Tuesday and couldn't put weight on my left leg. Suffered for 6 days until I could get in to the doctor. Have to have my knee replaced. My baby grandson was getting married on the 15th and had to finish his quilt, make table decorations and the wedding cake. So the doctor gave me a cortisone shot. Well the wedding is over so I am back to real life. Must get motivated. They had two chocolate fountains with goodies, cake balls (yummy) and a table with about 40 different kinds of candy (turqouise and brown so lots of chocolate)
    Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 AM

Very tempting but I did pretty good except for the cake balls. Need to get serious now, hope I haven't wasted too much time!!! You ladies are crrrazzzzy!!!!!