Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 PM
    Banned

I am allergic to neosporin. I googled and it said not to put anything oil based as it will keep the heat in and the burn could get worse. I have been soaking it in cold water and vingar. Sounds strange but when I google it said vinegar for burns. When I take it out of the water it also said yogurt so I have that on now. It is after 1;30am I can't sleep. The blisters are the size of quarters. It really hurts. The pain is so bad I almost feel like I can't breath.
    Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 PM
    Banned

deleted by me.... I hit send twice.
    Old 01-24-2011, 11:05 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
    Trupeach1,
    Who is Joyce and why is she such a thorn in your side?
    Does anyone want to answer who Joyce is?????? I guess everyone is sleeping.

I vented about Joyce because I was in pain however..............Joyce is my daughter......... she IS NOT A THORN IN MY SIDE. Sometimes things with her get a little hard to handle. She was the victim of a horrid crime June 2009 and is NOW BRAIN INJURED! Her head was bashed in with a 5 lb rock thrown from the side of the road at the cab she was riding in. She had 23 skull fractures, her eye socket was shattered and she had a 2 inch cut on her brain. She should not be alive. The doctors never saw anyone with her injuries survive. Joyce has had 5 surgeries and more to come. She has both long and short term memory loss. She doesn't remember anything from the age of 18 to babyhood. Not a birthday or Christmas NOTHING everything is gone from her memory forever.

Now do you still think she is a thorn in my side???????????
    Old 01-25-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Originally Posted by remclave
    Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I am going to Paducah today. YAY! I am hoping we have time to go to hobby lobby and Hancock's. I've never been to Hancock's. I only live about 45 minutes away from Paducah but I only make it there twice a year. I am looking forward to getting out of this town for the day. I don't travel well so I genenrally stay in this little town.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will check back in this evening.
    Now I feel really blessed! We have TWO Hancock's, a Hobby Lobby and a Joann's. Plus we have that huge "Best Fabrics" warehouse store where I pick up fat quarters for $1.00 each! That $1 is a set price! :D
    Okay, now I jealous!
    I have a Joanns, Hancocks and Hobby Lobby all in the same shopping center. How wonderful is that? Sandy
    :lol:
    Old 01-25-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Trupeach1,
    Does anyone want to answer who Joyce is?????? I guess everyone is sleeping.

I vented about Joyce because I was in pain however..............Joyce is my daughter......... she IS NOT A THORN IN MY SIDE. Sometimes things with her get a little hard to handle. She was the victim of a horrid crime June 2009 and is NOW BRAIN INJURED! Her head was bashed in with a 5 lb rock thrown from the side of the road at the cab she was riding in. She had 23 skull fractures, her eye socket was shattered and she had a 2 inch cut on her brain. She should not be alive. The doctors never saw anyone with her injuries survive. Joyce has had 5 surgeries and more to come. She has both long and short term memory loss. She doesn't remember anything from the age of 18 to babyhood. Not a birthday or Christmas NOTHING everything is gone from her memory forever.

Now do you still think she is a thorn in my side???????????
    Joyce is exceptionally blessed to have you for a mom. HUG!
    Take good care of the burn.
    Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I burned the entire top of my foot with 32 oz of boiling water. Joyce has this house like a a** hole. She has crap from one end to the other. I made a cup of tea in my new 32oz mug. I went to put it on the coffee table and since I AM NOT ALLOWED to touch her stuff the mug slid off the table and the entire thing spilled on my foot. It wasn't as if the tea was sitting there for a few minutes it was just made. I am pissed, who needs 8 nail polishes, 3 bottles of remover, sun glasses, various BIG puffy feather and rose headbands, nail files, pumis stones and every other crap thing you could think of on a coffee table in the living room for weeks on end. My foot is killing me. I have ice on it. The burn is about 4 inches wide. From where my foot is attached to my leg down to the toes and on boths sides. I can't stand the pain. It was as red as a lobster. And what was Joyce's reaction???????????? It isn't going to kill you. I guess I am not sleeping tonight.
    Oh my gosh!! I know how bad a burn can feel. Please take care of it. Carrie is right about the antibiotic ointment. That would be a good thing to use. And yes I think you deserve to be pissed off right now. Please hang in there!

Missy
    Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 AM

Trupeach1,
    Joyce is her daughter.

Missy
    Old 01-25-2011, 06:33 AM

Watch that burn closely Tru! That large of a burn can get infected very quickly. What if you put a tray on the coffee table for each of you and your stuff has to stay on the tray?
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Carrie, although Joanns, Hancocks and Hobby Lobby are all in the same shopping center, they are 30 minutes away. Needless to say I don't go there often. I'll be glad when my knee heals completely and I feel like shopping again (and my knee will hold out). Before I have gone into Hancocks, checked prices and sales on things, then gone to Joanns. Took quite a while to do this, but I was able to get the best sales this way.

I ordered a 4 pk omnigrid from Joanns, over the weekend. They had a 4 1/2, 6 1/2, 9 1/2 and 12 1/2, all for $20.99. That is a good price as usually the 12 1/2 by itself is almost that price. Anxious for them to arrive.
    Nanny I got that last year from Hancocks when they had it for $14.95 and I had a 10% additional off coupon. I TOLD dh I'm getting this... and he wanted to know whhyyyy??? When I showed him that the ONE ruler was $25... he said go for it.
    Best purchase I've made for quilting.
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Well motivation has kicked in.I was at the gym at 6 am this morning and have been going for 2 weeks now 3x a week.Tru as a wound care nurse we treat burns by keeping them covered to protest the skin and DO NOT pop the blisters,that protects the skin underneath.Take Ibup. or tylenol,elevate the leg.If the blister pops keep it covered,clean and dry.