Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Originally Posted by fivepaws
    Has anyone tried hypnosis? Does it work? I quit smoking years ago via hypnosis but at that time the Dr. said he couldn't creat an aversion to food. I am very willing to try again. Can anyone support this decision?
    Lynne
    Honestly I wouldn't but that's just me. I don't want anyone incontrol of my mind but me and God.
    ditto!!!!!!!
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ejudy
    I've always heard hypnosis for dieting isn't very successful since you have to eat to exist. Not like smoking where they can make you dislike everything about it.
    No-hypnosis didn't uh won't work-really, how do I know this? :roll:
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by probles
    I heard today on Today that a good starting point on a diet is to make goals. It was stated people are goal oriented. She said to start with realistic goals and write them down for the whole year. Eight pounds a month is a good goal. That is 2 pounds a week. Easy to do and easier to maintain. Sor she said if you weight 188 (I wish) on January 1, then your goal for February 1 would be to weight 180. March 1 would be to be at 172 and so on throughout the next year. Then write a short diary on how you got there and your plans to keep going. I am going to try that. Seems easy enough broken down in the small goals like that rather than looking to lose 50 pounds.
    i think more realistic is 1 -1 1/2 lbs per week. 5 lbs per month in 10 months you will lose 50lbs...............however...........to be realistic when you hit plataues (sp?) 50 would take about a year.
    Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
    Banned

Wow! That is a lot of water! I think I might float away. How do you quilt if you are going to the bathroom all day
    either wear depends or hand quilt in the bathroom. the side of the tub is great to drape your quilt over.......... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
    Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Wow! That is a lot of water! I think I might float away. How do you quilt if you are going to the bathroom all day
    either wear depends or hand quilt in the bathroom. the side of the tub is great to drape your quilt over.......... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
    I love it. Thanks. I guess I could always keep my applique work next to the toilet, too. I would probably get more done that way.
    Old 01-04-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I heard today on Today that a good starting point on a diet is to make goals. It was stated people are goal oriented. She said to start with realistic goals and write them down for the whole year. Eight pounds a month is a good goal. That is 2 pounds a week. Easy to do and easier to maintain. Sor she said if you weight 188 (I wish) on January 1, then your goal for February 1 would be to weight 180. March 1 would be to be at 172 and so on throughout the next year. Then write a short diary on how you got there and your plans to keep going. I am going to try that. Seems easy enough broken down in the small goals like that rather than looking to lose 50 pounds.
    i think more realistic is 1 -1 1/2 lbs per week. 5 lbs per month in 10 months you will lose 50lbs...............however...........to be realistic when you hit plataues (sp?) 50 would take about a year.
    Wow! I would take a 50 pound weight loss in one year. That would be fantastic, especially if I kept it off afterwards. The most I have every lost at one time was 20 pounds. It took me 6 months. Then I stopped trying and within two years it was back on and then some. I guess part of losing weight is learning to change my bad behaviors, too.
    Old 01-04-2011, 12:17 PM

It has been a busy, crazy work day. I'm glad I have nothing unhealthy in the house to eat or I would really be tempted. I think I'll go eat an apple. Hope you're all having a healthy day.
    Old 01-04-2011, 12:45 PM

OK, so I've been luring in the background. You guys are a real chatty group, didn't read this post yesterday and took me an hour to catch up on everything.

You are all doing fantastic!!! and are so encouraging to one another, you all deserve a big applause. (can you hear me clapping?)

I have 25 pounds to lose, it may not be much but it is really hard for me to lose. I've been reading all your tips and will incorporate some of them into my daily regeame. I can't use any of the low cal/low fat produces not only do they taste awful but low cal products are not good for my Fibromyalgia. Being in constant pain requires me to exercise moderately like everything else in daily living.
    Old 01-04-2011, 01:49 PM

At 150 calories per Dr. Pepper you will save 55000 calories in a year, that is 15 pounds just by not drinking soda :)

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Carrie love your quilts and what a great alternative to snacking!
    i bought one of those shake weights to use on my arms or else I am not going to need a plane to fly lol I used it last night and let me tell you I could feel it working. I am hoping it will cut some of my wings ;-)

I did a drastic change for my body. I was drinking one Dr. Pepper a day and now i am drinking none and 128 ounces of water...I believe this will make a great jump start on the 118 total I have to loose. My first goal is 14 pounds so let's see what happens.
    Hugs
    April
    Old 01-04-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    At 150 calories per Dr. Pepper you will save 55000 calories in a year, that is 15 pounds just by not drinking soda :)

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Carrie love your quilts and what a great alternative to snacking!
    i bought one of those shake weights to use on my arms or else I am not going to need a plane to fly lol I used it last night and let me tell you I could feel it working. I am hoping it will cut some of my wings ;-)

I did a drastic change for my body. I was drinking one Dr. Pepper a day and now i am drinking none and 128 ounces of water...I believe this will make a great jump start on the 118 total I have to loose. My first goal is 14 pounds so let's see what happens.
    Hugs
    April
    Oh wow. That is a drastic thing to do (in a great way) for our bodies. By just knocking off the regular soda you can lose 15 pounds a year! Wow. I will have to take a good look at the liquid calories I am consuming.

Thanks for sharing that!

Missy