Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM

Cybrarian I am sorry to hear about your day. Give your grandson (and his mom) lots of hugs, it will make you both feel a little better.

Muriel I did the same thing to my wrist, two years in a row. I don't do well on black ice. I was just a kid at the time but haven't had any problems with it since. Just follow the doctor's orders.

Mary Jane, happy birthday sounds like you will be having fun.

Rita's mom I only use real sugar, mostly because I have never been able to tolerate any of the artificial ones.

Oh and I do have one tat, a butterfly, it is on my belly right above the bikini line. It stretched out quite a bit when I was pregnant, and it has shrunk back down but the color is a little faded. I didn't think it really hurt, the outlining just stung a little.
    Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Well it has been a rough day for you all. I wish for everyone to have a great day tomorrow.

Carol it was nice to see you post. I hope you are handling things better.

I have spent all day sewing and now by back hurts. No matter what position I put my chair in or height my back will always hurt. I do take lots of breaks.

I use artificial sweetner (sweet n low) I have reached a point where I don't like the taste of real sugar. It tastes too sweet for me. YUCK!

Good night all. I am going to bed and get some rest. Hopefully the phone doesn't ring at 6am again because the schools are opening 1 hour late. There was only a dusting of snow, whimps! I hate it when they do that. I would rather get up and watch the news and get that info. ;/
    Old 01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Robbi24
    Ok so here we go, this makes it more fun to try to loose the weight. I did weigh myself on the first (not great but down 4 since sooooooooo count me in. Thanks I love this site
    I am sorry but you will have to wait until next month to qualify to win the FQ's. It is the 10th 1/3 of the month is over, sign ups closed the 2. You can follow along and comment. Look for the Feb sign up at the end of the month.
    Old 01-10-2011, 08:19 PM
    Banned

Carol happy to see you back. thank you for the compliment.
    Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 PM

Cyberian, My heart aches for you all. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Old 01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
    Banned

I don't eat FAKE anything so it is real sugar for me. The healthiest sweetner is molasses but golden syrup is good too.

I would rather not have anything sweet if it is fake.
    Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 PM
    Banned

Muriel sorry about your fall.
    Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Originally Posted by plainjane
    Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    I am curious what everyones opinion is on real sugar vs artificial sweetners. I know sugar is not good for you, but in small amounts I wonder if it is better for you than the artificial sweetners. I don't really drink pop but I like iced tea. I usually put sweet and low in it. Just wondering if others think it is good for weight loss or bad for it. There is so much conflicting information about it, it is hard to know what is true. :?
    It is more expensive, but you could use stevia, a granulated or liquid. I buy it at the gro., but discount stores have it also, probably cheaper. I paid about $6 for a 40 (1 1l/2tsp.) serving container. It also comes on packets. Liquid is a few drops per serving-don't know that cost. It is supposed to be a natural sweetner and it would be for sweetening only-not cooking.
    I agree Stevia. It is not suppose to raise your blood sugar levels like artificial sweetners do, thereby it isn't suppose to trigger craving. My dad could use it as a diabetic.
    I am on Stevia's side. I like it, and it is natural.
    Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 PM
    Banned

OK just stab me with a fork.............I was sick and lost 3 lbs last week. Over the weekend I have been eating like a pig I am above my suicide weight. I am 187........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I have been having hot fudge sundaes with Jim and all sorts of crap. I never have crap in the house but he has been doing our grocery shopping and I can't resist. On top of that nothing is satisfing my hunger. I have to lose........I said it a few days ago I can't have fat s*x.
    Old 01-10-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    I am curious what everyones opinion is on real sugar vs artificial sweetners. I know sugar is not good for you, but in small amounts I wonder if it is better for you than the artificial sweetners. I don't really drink pop but I like iced tea. I usually put sweet and low in it. Just wondering if others think it is good for weight loss or bad for it. There is so much conflicting information about it, it is hard to know what is true. :?
    Stevia is pure plant and is safer than artificial sweeteners. It doesn't affect the glycemic index (glucose level). The liquid is expensive (about $8/4oz bottle) but I use it when I make whipped topping.