Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-02-2010, 05:54 PM

Just found your thread. I will be in next month! But, I will, if you all don't mind check in with you and support you efforts. Having fought with weight all my life (since 16) I know how much effort and determination it takes to stay with it and how having a great support group helps sooo much. Good luck to all of you. It will be fun to see who wins all that great fabric. But even better to see all those pounds drop off to never never land.
    Old 07-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Just found your thread. I will be in next month! But, I will, if you all don't mind check in with you and support you efforts. Having fought with weight all my life (since 16) I know how much effort and determination it takes to stay with it and how having a great support group helps sooo much. Good luck to all of you. It will be fun to see who wins all that great fabric. But even better to see all those pounds drop off to never never land.
    So glad you found us! This is a great group and I know you will find it very encouraging as you go through this challenge. You could start now I think.

Missy
    Old 07-02-2010, 07:06 PM

I'm in :D
    Old 07-02-2010, 07:45 PM
    Banned

Even though sign ups were closed people still wanted to join. if you ahve your weigh from July 1 or 2nd you can still join there are 3 people who joined today.
    Old 07-02-2010, 07:57 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    That is what yochees is greek yogurt it is soooooooooooo thick and creamy almost the consistancy of ice cream. Could you post the answer to the protein in whey if you are able to find out? Or calories? If you look at a package of protein powder which is so expensive the main ingredents is whey. My feeling is why should I pay soooo much for protein powder when I could make my own and reap the benefits of yocheese(greek yogurt) By the way I make my own yogurt so I know exactly what I am getting.

Did you know diet anything soda ect is bad for you because even though it has no calories your body still sees it as sugar and stores it as sugar making it harder to lose weight.
    Yes! I will definitely post that information Monday afternoon when I get home.

No, I did not know that about diet soda. As you guys as my witness and my support, I will not drink anymore diet soda. It is water or cucumber water for me! It can only benefit me if I give that Pepsi up. Done. I do not need anything else being stored on/in my body. Thank you for that information!

Missy
    You can also drink water with cinncmon in it. To 2 qts of water stir in about 1 tsp ground cinnamon only 6 calories It is sooooooo good and cinnamon is an appetite suppressant. I sometime use cloves or ginger but you need less ginger about 1/2 tsp. Iced cold they are all so good and at the end of the day you have 64 oz of water or your eight 8oz glasses of water that we all need and about 6 calories
    Old 07-02-2010, 07:58 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Leota
    I'm in :D
    I was wondering where you were. I figured you would find us sooner or later. :lol: :lol:
    Old 07-02-2010, 10:38 PM

Welcome to the group. You may not be eligible to win the fabric, but you can start losing right now. Don't be shy, helping you also helps us. Come right on in and become an active member. Good luck, let's all be the big losers.
    Old 07-02-2010, 11:03 PM

Thanks I'm in. I've been gone most of the afernoon and this is the first chance I had to reply. And yes I did weigh on July 1.
    Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 PM
    Gal

Thanks trupeach, I use lemon slices just as you do the cucumber, which I shall try of course!
    Thank you Missy for your kind words, good luck to you too, and my very best wishes for your program.
    No walking today, had to work, maybe tomorrow, I have given up sugar in my tea and have decided on smaller portions, no cake or biscuits, puddings etc, trying to drink more water and fresh fruit for snacks, I am NOT going to give up my food for a fad diet as in the past this has only resulted in gaining the weight back on! I find it difficult keeping focused! Since having my kids I have always struggled to keep my weight down, haven't fitted into my jeans in nearly 25 years so I am under no illusions here but I sure as hell am going to give it my best shot along with all you wonderful ladies!!
    Have another lemon and ginger tea on me!

Gal
    Old 07-03-2010, 04:36 AM

Did you know that studies show that if you do something 21 times in a row it will become habit? If we could each change just one bad habit to a good in this month it would be amazing!