Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-04-2010, 08:17 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Gal
    Galvastonangel can you please pretty please post pics of your civil war prints so I can get an idea of what they look like, I do not know if they have them where I live, they sound very pretty and by all accounts are very popular!!

Thanks
    Gal
    Lovingizabella still has her CW repro's posted or you could google search Civil War reproduction there tons of places selling them. Google Bonnnie Blue Quilt or ReproductionFabric.com I would post pic if I knew how but I don't. sorry I have to one day learn so I cna post pic of my quilts.
    Old 07-04-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by Gal
    Galvastonangel can you please pretty please post pics of your civil war prints so I can get an idea of what they look like, I do not know if they have them where I live, they sound very pretty and by all accounts are very popular!!

Thanks
    Gal
    Lovingizabella still has her CW repro's posted or you could google search Civil War reproduction there tons of places selling them. Google Bonnnie Blue Quilt or ReproductionFabric.com I would post pic if I knew how but I don't. sorry I have to one day learn so I cna post pic of my quilts.
    Don't give it a second thought about the pic posting. I am going into the 21st century kicking and screaming myself! LOL

Missy
    Old 07-04-2010, 08:39 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Leota
    Happy fourth everyone.
    Update on the viral rash - my eye/face is getting better but itches terribly...I can put something on my face but my eye (lid) just has to itch. Dr. put me on a medication that is slowly working as the swelling is down but not gone...the rash has made my face/eye feel leathery :( Not that I'm all that concerned about my looks, I just don't like the feel. I still have a lot of inflammation in the inside corner of my eye. i have to be careful as this can turn into conjunctivitis and I don't want that!
    For your eye lids.........1 cup water and 1/2 tsp baking soda (NOT BAKING POWDER) soak cotton balls with the solution and leave the cotton pretty wet. Put on your eyes every hour. It will bring down the sewlling and the itching will not be as bad.
    DON"T ask how I know this but it works.

For you face............1/2 c oatmeal in a sock. Tie the top of the sock or use a rubberband to keep it closed. Put the sock in a bowl of hot water. After about 15 minutes squeeze the sock using a bowl to catch the milky liquid. With cotton pat the oatmeal liquid on your face, leave it on a few minutes, then rinse with cool water. Put the sock back in the bowl of water and do it every few hours adding more water to the oatmeal/sock bowl. If you have plain yogurtor buttermilk you can put that on your face and then rinse off. so this between doing the oatmeal. What kind of cream are you using???????

I am into natural healing and I SWEAR it works better them most meds.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Old 07-04-2010, 08:42 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by DONK
    I am in again.
    Great............ :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I know some people are a little late for sign ups but we have been in this for awhile I was just waiting for eveyone to show up.
    Old 07-04-2010, 08:45 AM
    Banned

I LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE Sundays :lol: :lol: :lol: It is my cheat day. If you diet all day eveyday you body goes into starvation mode and will store fat. If you do a cheat day it boasts your metabolism and you lose more weight. My cheat day is always Sunday and today for breakfast I had blueberry pancakes with butter and REAL maple syrup, not pamcake syrup which as chems in it.

I have been reading posts for the weight loss for 5 months now and what I noticed is we all have a world of information as to what to do and not to do for weight loss yet we are all here all in the same boat. How could we all be so smart and yet be so stupid to have gotten to where we are............overweight to the point of according to the weight charts dare I say :shock: :shock: :shock: obese. I think WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH US?????????? I hope I am not offending anyone but really we know if we eat the way we did this would happen. Why didn't we stop as we saw the pounds adding up and cloths getting smaller and smaller. I am mad, mad at myself for how could I have been so darn stupid to now have to try so hard and struggle so much to lose weight. Did I need that extra serving of lasagna along with the extra piece of cake????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! And now if I lose the amount of weigh I want because it is older skin it will not shrink back as it would when you are younger so if I lose the weight I will have saggy, baggy skin. Which looks worse that or fat. I know I am rambling but how, just tell me how did we do this to ourselves.

BUT............we will perserver and get to be healthy!!!!! :( ;) ;) ;) :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 07-04-2010, 08:45 AM

Picture posting isn't all that hard, just mysterious.

1. Snap the picture using a digital camera with a scandisc. This is a small piece of plastic about 1" square. On one side it has writing and on the other it has some little metal pieces.

2. Take the memory card (disc) out of the camera (push in and it will pop out so you can grab it). Find a disc slot on your computer. Mine is on the right hand side. The disc will only go one way. Mine the clipped corner of the disc is facing the front of the computer, the metal on the bottom is going in first. Push this gently into you computer. It should go almost all the way in.

3. Most computers will have a pop up window to ask what you want to do. Tell it to download the pictures. When the computer says download and erase, click on that. This takes the pictures off the card on leaves them in your computer. IMPORTANT because your cameral can only store so many pictures.

4. The computer should ask you for a title for the picture group. I use the date I download, plus doll, quilt, birthday, etc. This way I can find my pictures without having to store the whole file.

5. Be sure to click SAVE after the title. Everything else is Never NeverLand.

POSTING PICTURES

1. Find the file where your pictures you want to post is. Open it up, then click on the dash button up in the upper right corner. This puts the pictures down on your page where you can open them again and again.

2. Make sure you are on a page on the website that will accept pictures. It will have a dialog box and underneath there will be the word Browse. After writing in the dialoge box, click on the Browse button. The file of pictures should show up on your computer window. Find the picture you want to post and double click on it.

3. The picture file should automatically go back to the bottom of the page. Look at the box next to Browse button. It should have writing in it. (GREAT)

4. There is also a blank box under the big dialog window. This is for giving a title to the picture or a short description.

5. DO NOT PUSH PREVIEW. Never, never, never. Won't work.
    Just click on send one time. Only one time. Be patient.

6. Up pops your post and the pictures. Did you get it? If not, call me. Send a pm and I'll give you my phone # and help.
    Old 07-04-2010, 09:18 AM

Happy fourth everyone.
    Update on the viral rash - my eye/face is getting better but itches terribly...I can put something on my face but my eye (lid) just has to itch. Dr. put me on a medication that is slowly working as the swelling is down but not gone...the rash has made my face/eye feel leathery :( Not that I'm all that concerned about my looks, I just don't like the feel. I still have a lot of inflammation in the inside corner of my eye. i have to be careful as this can turn into conjunctivitis and I don't want that!
    For your eye lids.........1 cup water and 1/2 tsp baking soda (NOT BAKING POWDER) soak cotton balls with the solution and leave the cotton pretty wet. Put on your eyes every hour. It will bring down the sewlling and the itching will not be as bad.

For you face............1/2 c oatmeal in a sock. Tie the top of the sock or use a rubberband to keep it closed. Put the sock in a bowl of hot water. After about 15 minutes squeeze the sock using a bowl to catch the milky liquid. With cotton pat the oatmeal liquid on your face, leave it on a few minutes, then rinse with cool water. Put the sock back in the bowl of water and do it every few hours adding more water to the oatmeal/sock bowl. If you have plain yogurtor buttermilk you can put that on your face and then rinse off. so this between doing the oatmeal. What kind of cream are you using???????

Thank you Trupeach...
    I know oatmeal baths work with chicken pox... never even thought of using it to bath my poor face. I was using just normal bed bath and bodyworks lotion... nothing fancy but it burns with the rash..burn = not use... so nothing now.
    Old 07-04-2010, 09:44 AM
    Banned

Happy fourth everyone.

Thank you Trupeach...
    I know oatmeal baths work with chicken pox... never even thought of using it to bath my poor face. I was using just normal bed bath and bodyworks lotion... nothing fancy but it burns with the rash..burn = not use... so nothing now.
    A few years ago the entire left side of my face was nothing but a rash and blisters. It covered even my lips and down my neck. I thought shingles but it was not that but a virus even though shingles is a virus. ALL LOTIONS BURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I thought probably because most lotions have alcohol and fragrance. So I tried baby oil, olive oil, vit E and aloe nothing stopped the buring and itching. I did what I told you to do but I forgot to write I also used witch hazel between everything else I was doing. The rash was soooooooooo red worse then any sunburn I have ever gotten. And the blisters were oozing non stop and crusting over making the itching worse. I couldn't sleep, I was a mess. I lived by the beach and had many sunburns in my life. The rash just kept growing up my face, it lasted about 10 day. However on about day 3 I realized as long as it was moist the burning wasn't as bad soooo I decided to try plain old mineral oil, low and behold the itching and burning wasn't as bad. IT WORKED!!!!!!!! Everytime I felt like is was coming off or I did the soaks I would put more on. Now this is the funny thing about it after is was all healed that side of my face was softer and less wrinkled. The reason being it was like a chemical peel all the old skin was off. I thought too bad it was only one side of my face if it had been both my skin would have looked great and I didn't need to spend tons of $$$$$$$$$$ to go to the doc for a peel.

If you don't have mineral oil go get it it is really cheap between $1-2 for about 32 oz. Since then almost everyday I put just a drop of mineral oil on my face while it is still wet and rub it in. It works wonders and my face always feels nice and soft.
    Old 07-04-2010, 10:12 AM

I think the reason I got here is mindlessness. When I am conscious of what I am doing, I do eat well. It is the hand-in-mouth that results from mindlessly watching TV, reading a book, riding in a car, etc. Some people click the clicker on a pen, some chew on pencils, children suck their thumbs, alcoholics drink, addicts use drugs. We are entertaining ourselves, soothing ourselves, etc.

I have trouble sleeping. I know if I eat a bowl of cereal before going to bed, I will sleep better. Carbs have a soothing effect on me, just like alcohol or medication. I eat ice cream and I am out like a light.

How many of us will say, "I need chocolate!" We cram the thing into our mouth and chew. When it is gone (2 seconds) we want more and more until our brain is satisfied it has its high. Are we any different from the alcoholic that shakes and gets all upset when he hasn't had a drink? No.

Ophra Winfrey whether you like her or not has all the help and money she wants to keep her skinny and healthy. Yet, she always seems to gain it back. Even the pioneers who all worked long days doing physically challenging activities had the chubby people.

In most cultures a person in a size 0-4 would be thought to be very ill, fragile. A sign of wealth has always been a little 'spare tire' and soft round face.

I am voting we stop trying to be small. I want to be happy, healthy, strong. I am not DIeting, I am living. I'm eating real food, not substitutes - not even sugar substitutes.
    Old 07-04-2010, 10:20 AM

Sorry for preaching. I'll be quiet for a while.