Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-04-2010, 11:02 AM

My dh fixed me a turkey wrap with cajon and honey mesquit turkey homegrown tomatoes, dejon mustard, provalon cheese and jalapano tortilla. baby carrots on the side... yum yum.... so legal
    Old 07-04-2010, 11:56 AM

I LOVE what you said Gwyn!!! You are so on target with why I eat.

I too do not have a deserve to be small but rather to be healthy. I know if I don't do this, if I do not lose this weight I will die. There is no other way to say it.

Eating is such an emotional thing for me. *sigh*

Thank you for putting into words what I have thought for a long time.

Missy
    Old 07-04-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
    My dh fixed me a turkey wrap with cajon and honey mesquit turkey homegrown tomatoes, dejon mustard, provalon cheese and jalapano tortilla. baby carrots on the side... yum yum.... so legal
    I so love Mexican food!!!

Missy
    Old 07-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Sounds good to me too. I'm making the picnic for tomorrow. Everyone wants the same as always. Hotdogs cooked in a roll of bread dough with cheese and bacon, fruit salad, potato salad, chips, cookies, soda pop, brownies, candy...

Then, after the fireworks are over, jello-cake with cool whip on top.

Not sure what I will eat, not much into that stuff. We will see. Don't have to worry about it until tomorrow. It is too hot to eat. I might just have frozen smoothie, yogurt, oh, I know, I can have nuts. That will be my treat, trail mix that is mostly nuts.
    Old 07-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Okay...I just got home a little while ago from the grocery store. Oh wait. Let me go back a bit.

I read the Hungry Girl's daily newsletter every single day. (You should too cause she is one smart cookie) She has been bragging about these things called VitaTops. She hardly ever has a newsletter without some mention of them.

So now to today.

While I was browsing through the organic/natural foods section I glanced into the freezer case. And VOILA there were two boxes of Deep Chocolate VitaTops. I take them out and start doing what I always do and that is read the label and the box. I was astonished! Let me give you the run down of the label:

Calories 100
    Fat 1.5g
    Cholosterol 0mg
    Sodium 140mg
    Potassium 10mg
    Total Carbs 26g
    Dietary Fiber 9g
    Insoluble Fiber 6g
    Sugars 11g
    Protein 4g

Serving Size 1 VitaTop (about 4 inches in diameter)

The VitaTop has more vitamins and minerals and less sugar than an apple. There is 8 grams of Whole Grains in each one. We should be eating 45 grams or more a day.

They come in these varieties:

Triple Chocolate Chunk
    Doubly Chocolate Dream
    Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip
    Apple Berry Bean
    Raisin Bran
    Dark Chocolate Pomegranate
    Banana Fudge
    Sugar-Free Velvety Chocolate
    Deep Chocolate

Now, how do they taste? Oh. My. Gawd. They are unbelievably good! They taste just like a rich chocolate muffin. Sooo Sooo Good!

I am now a fan for life. I will allow myself one a day. Not a bad treat with all those vitamins and minerals.

So, tomorrow when I go to the hospital for my nutrition class I am going to take the box and talk to the nutritionist about them. I wanna know what she thinks.

I have already packed my lunch to take to the hospital. I am going to go water channel walking for an hour then to weigh in before the class tomorrow. I never eat or drink before I weigh in. I am so worried it will weigh me more. Anyway, I am taking one VitaTop, a serving of cherries (10), grapes (17), 2 servings of baby carrots (10), a hard-boiled egg for protein and one litre of water. I add to my water 3 packets of benefiber. That benefiber makes a huge difference in my bowels. But that is a whole 'nother post! LOL

I am sorry this got so long but I just had to brag about the VitaTops.

I hope y'all had a great fourth!

Missy

PS: You can walk off one of the VTs in 13 minutes!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-82530.jpe  
    Old 07-04-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    Sounds good to me too. I'm making the picnic for tomorrow. Everyone wants the same as always. Hotdogs cooked in a roll of bread dough with cheese and bacon, fruit salad, potato salad, chips, cookies, soda pop, brownies, candy...

Then, after the fireworks are over, jello-cake with cool whip on top.

Not sure what I will eat, not much into that stuff. We will see. Don't have to worry about it until tomorrow. It is too hot to eat. I might just have frozen smoothie, yogurt, oh, I know, I can have nuts. That will be my treat, trail mix that is mostly nuts.
    That smoothie sounds great right about now Gwyn!

Missy
    Old 07-04-2010, 04:53 PM

It will be, but not until tomorrow. Today I have to eat real food. Taco Salad without chips. I put lots of salsa on it instead of salad dressing. No fat buffalo instead of beef or turkey, home made refried beans (olive oil/canola oil instead of lard). Spanish rice made with 1/2 wheat, 1/2 rice. (This makes the rice and wheat a protien instead of so much carb).

My cheat? I put sliced black olives on my salad. Just about 1/4 cup. I know, too much, but it is a good fat. I wanted avacado, but not if I can't have more than a sliver.

Looks wonderful. Dinner will be ready in about 15 min.

Surprise, my daughter made cinnamon tea! My favorite.
    Old 07-04-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    It will be, but not until tomorrow. Today I have to eat real food. Taco Salad without chips. I put lots of salsa on it instead of salad dressing. No fat buffalo instead of beef or turkey, home made refried beans (olive oil/canola oil instead of lard). Spanish rice made with 1/2 wheat, 1/2 rice. (This makes the rice and wheat a protien instead of so much carb).

My cheat? I put sliced black olives on my salad. Just about 1/4 cup. I know, too much, but it is a good fat. I wanted avacado, but not if I can't have more than a sliver.

Looks wonderful. Dinner will be ready in about 15 min.

Surprise, my daughter made cinnamon tea! My favorite.
    OH GWYN!! That sounds awesome! I so wanna eat at your house.

I just checked my handy dandy book of food counts and it says 1 cup of cubed avocado has 240 calories, 3 grams protein, 12.8 grams of carbs, 22 grams of fat, no chol and 10.1 grams of fiber.

If you have been real good today you could have a half cup or so. Just sayin'. :lol:

Missy
    Old 07-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Oh yeah. One more thing. 1/3 cup of sliced black olives has only 37.5 calories. Not bad at all.

Bon Apetite!

Missy
    Old 07-04-2010, 07:28 PM

Had a great meal, papaya salsa was a big hit, overall the meal was tasty but low in calories. Highest calorie items were the avacados and the tortilla chips.

I couldn't bike ride today, I got a flat tire yesterday, hopefully I can go tomorrow.

Gwyn, how do you make fried rice with wheat/rice?