Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-05-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
    MissyGirl...what type of sweetener do they use in the VitaTops?
    Leota,

It says organic sugar and honey.

Missy
    Old 07-05-2010, 06:20 AM
    Banned

I do most of my grocery shopping on line. Amazon.com has vitatops all different kinds along with mixes so you can make them yourself. The prices vary and you have to buy in bulk 24 to a pack however they cost about $25-30 per pack. If you do subscribe and save you save 15% and free shipping.
    Old 07-05-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I do most of my grocery shopping on line. Amazon.com has vitatops all different kinds along with mixes so you can make them yourself. The prices vary and you have to buy in bulk 24 to a pack however they cost about $25-30 per pack. If you do subscribe and save you save 15% and free shipping.
    I like to shop online too. It is so true that the VitaTops are a tad expensive but to me I do not mind spending that little extra to get them. I still can hardly believe how good they taste.

I told my mom last night that those brownies could just stick it cause I have something better. LOL She asked me if I had taken my meds yet. My mom is so funny sometimes.

Missy
    Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 AM

OK, I got a nice long walk under my belt this morning. Lucky me, a friend called to see if I felt like walking just as i was heading out alone. So i got my exercise and good conversation. Now a stop at the office, a quick trip to JoAnn's, home to clean up my sewing room, and maybe time to sew! Didn't walk Saturday or Sunday but worked on our new patio both days in the heat so definitly got some exercise. feeling good! I hope everyone is doing well and had a safe 4th!
    Old 07-05-2010, 10:33 AM

When the 4th of July comes on a Sunday, Utah does everything on Monday the 5th. I was surprised to discover the rest of the country doesn't. They have the 4th on the 4th regardless if it is Sunday or not. Or, do y'all party for 2 days beginning after church and ending on the 6th when you have to return to work?

Sometimes, when you live in Utah, things are done differently. I've been here so long I don't even think about it. Last night I turned on the TV and they were having the National concert at the White House and then the fireworks over the Hudson. I thought the whole country would be celebrating today. Silly me.
    Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 AM

Omigosh! Omigosh! Omigosh!

I just got home from the hospital where I got weighed in and had my nutrition class. I am sooo excited! I have lost a whopping 7.0 pounds this week! I weigh in again on Friday so we shall see what that shows.

I am just floored. I am really going to do this. I am really going to get my surgery. Wow.

The nutritionist looked at the scale and both of us started jumping up and down. She gave me a big bear hug! It was awesome.

I just had to share! Thank you all for being here for me while I rant and rave and brag a little!!

Missy
    Old 07-05-2010, 12:03 PM

Wonderful! Good for you! I'm so proud of you. I can't believe you had an appointment today. Everything but walmart is closed here. We are celebrating the 4th on the 5th. Funny how having adominant religion in your state and government changes how Sundays are handled.
    Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Omigosh! Omigosh! Omigosh!

I just got home from the hospital where I got weighed in and had my nutrition class. I am sooo excited! I have lost a whopping 7.0 pounds this week! I weigh in again on Friday so we shall see what that shows.

I am just floored. I am really going to do this. I am really going to get my surgery. Wow.

The nutritionist looked at the scale and both of us started jumping up and down. She gave me a big bear hug! It was awesome.

I just had to share! Thank you all for being here for me while I rant and rave and brag a little!!

Missy
    Yippee Missy way to go!!!
    I've lost 3 lbs in 4 days :D
    Old 07-05-2010, 01:03 PM

Yahoo Missy and Leota!

I went bike riding this morning and swimming this afternoon. I will go riding again tonight. I want to get this weight off and get into good physical shape. I didn't go yesterday as I had a flat tire and my body really missed it.

Pilates is a good exercise as it stretches the muscles. Another one is Yoga. My friend goes and she swears by it. It also stretches the muscles and is said to be good for those with agility problems and arthritis. I heard it will help lower blood pressure and with weight loss. I don't know if it does, but she has benefited from it.
    Old 07-05-2010, 01:43 PM

Thank you CarolJ... I hope I can lose another 4 lbs