Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-05-2010, 06:16 PM

If the candy calls to you? put it in the garbage, outside the house. Then empty your kitchen trash on top. If you can't do it, ask your husband or your son/daughter. If there is no one to help you, feed the garbage disposal. (I like doing this because there is no going back - feed that monster.)

If you had to pick a candy to cheat on, a tootsie roll is probably one of the best. Stop kicking yourself. Your biggest problem is you skipped a meal and that made you vulnerable to attack. Bubble gum isn't all that bad except, it does start the sugar addiction cycle. I also makes my mouth hungry to munch on something.

Now, put your big girl panties on and get over it. Make a cup of tea or coffee, brush your teeth, take a shower, then have a piece of fruit or dip some carrots in homemade ranch dip (substitute cottage cheese for mayo or sour cream). Put on your pjs and sew something. Maybe even exercise a little bit before that shower.

See, you are back on track. I doubt 10 tootsie rolls will even show up on your scales, but don't do it again, or you will be in the rut again.

My mother was really addicted to sugar. Many years ago she decided to get off of it. The doctor told her to eat 1 tsp of rich honey (the dark kind)when she started craving the sugary stuff. She would put it on her tongue and let it roll around in her mouth. She kept track of how much she took and gradually she got off the sugar. It took a month or so I think.
    Old 07-05-2010, 07:50 PM

I really need to focus in on this. I definitely had a holiday weekend - complete with jello shots and rich foods.

At least I can re-start again on Monday.... :oops:
    Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 PM
    Banned

I don't like candy so I never have a problem. I do like fudge but because I know I would eat it all in one sitting I never make it. There is a place In Gettysburg Pa with the best fudge ever and a few years ago I had some shipped to me. The last time I had fudge was 5 years ago. I also like carmel corn the same place in Gettysburg has that too so when I had place the order for fudge I got that. I don't really like sweets. I will have pie or donuts once in awhile Ice cream maybe one a year. Cookies only homemade and not that often even though I bake all the time. I do like cake but right now DD has a 1/2 sheet cake in the house the past 3 days she is eating it, I haven't had not one single taste and the bakery it came from has yummy stuff. I don't drink soda, my tea and coffee has no sugar. Funny I don't eat potato chips yet for some reason every summer I get a bag eat the entir bag in one sitting and that is it until the next summer. My down fall.............bread. I love bread and butter. I bake bread a few times a week. Tomato basil, onion dill, rye. I can't resist it. I also like cream so I NEVER EVER have it in the house. Heavy cream with peaches or I will put it in a glass of milk so the milk is really creamy. Those are the things that kill me. So this past year when I was to upset to cook, sit down and eat but knew I was hungry I had bread lots and lots of bread and I got fat. Today I made onion dill bread I eat a late lunch of corned beef and cabbage so for dinner I had chicken salad on my dill bread. Only a sandwich. Oh I forgot when it came out of the oven I had 2 small slices with a smiggen of butter. I don't know which is worse candy or bread.
    Old 07-05-2010, 08:18 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by redkimba
    I really need to focus in on this. I definitely had a holiday weekend - complete with jello shots and rich foods.

today is Monday :D :D
    Old 07-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Tru: YOu like anything that you make. I love bread. It doesn't need butter. I will eat it plain. I found a new recipe for rye bread I can't wait to try. I think it will make a really dense bread. I love it with plain tuna or egg salad. I'll see what it is like and then share the recipe.
    Old 07-05-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by redkimba

today is Monday :D :D
    Don't wait to start tomorrow, start this very minute. If I wasn't starting until tomorrow, I could go crazy tonight. I might eat until mid-night.
    Old 07-05-2010, 09:01 PM

Is it too late to Say I'm IN, please. I've been thinking on this awhile & need the push.
    Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 PM

If you know your weight on the 1st, I don't see a problem. If there is and you need to join in August, at least start participating now. Why wait 3 weeks to begin. Start tonight and get your self going. By August, you could be nearly 8 pounds lighter and have a diet and exercise plan already up and running.
    Old 07-05-2010, 10:05 PM

Thank you guys for helping me get over the wimpies... I'm not getting on the scale again till next Monday and i will have lost the 10 tootsie rolls :D
    Old 07-06-2010, 07:56 AM
    Banned

Are you ready???????????? Do you really want to know??????? Now don't be jealous....I got weigh today.........I lost 3 lbs......... doing the happy dance!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: