Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    Either someone has plugged in a vanilla airfreshener or someone is cooking and using frosting. I can smell it. No kidding. I'm afraid to leave my room for fear I will eat what ever it is.

I have been doing wonderfully, I probably should get on the scale, but I think I'll skip it. If I haven't lost I might get discouraged. I managed to live through the whole 4th of july thing without succoming to all the temptations...but then, I found the fruit slices candy. It was the kind with the extra big sugar crystals on it. Ugh! My teeth ached to crunch down on them. Most of the bag was there. I ate 7. Good thing - I didn't eat all or even half of them, Bad thing - I ate 7. Sigh...must go on.
    You are so funny Gwyn! I would stay holed up in my room too! I know I sure as heck would have been tempted. Years ago I used buy the premade frosting in the cans and sit and eat the whole thing while watching tv. OMG it was so yummy. Those times are in the past now. Oh good grief I almost wrote those times are in the pants now. LOL!!

Yup. Going on what we have to do!

Missy
    Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by countrymaid
    I've started by making a few small changes. I thought I'd miss my morning sweet tea but I really don't like the taste of it any more. I've replaced my evening ice cream with a diet popsicle. That's a biggie for me. You're all doing so well and giving great tips. I can't wait for my veggie garden to come on and add fresh picked to my dinner table.
    It sounds like you are doing really well. Keep up the good work!!

Missy
    Old 07-06-2010, 10:26 AM

If you need CW fabric, I found this site that has lots of different ones. Some have been on sale for the 4th & 5th, but it seems they have quite a bunch left. If they are still on sale, they were as low as $4 - $6 per yard. This is a wonderful store with very helpful staff.

http://www.stitch-n-frame.net
    Thank you thank you Gwyn!! I just ordered the FQ.

Missy
    Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 AM

If you aren't able to get CW fabric due to a difficulty - financial or otherwise, send me a pm and I'll include a FQ for you. No problem, remember, I got a big bunch on ebay for very little. Please, just let me know. It would be an honor to pay it both forward and back for gifts given me. Gwyn
    Gwyn,

You are just the sweetest! You sure have some good karma points adding up for you! :lol:
    Old 07-06-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    If you aren't able to get CW fabric due to a difficulty - financial or otherwise, send me a pm and I'll include a FQ for you. No problem, remember, I got a big bunch on ebay for very little. Please, just let me know. It would be an honor to pay it both forward and back for gifts given me. Gwyn
    Gwyn,

You are just the sweetest! You sure have some good karma points adding up for you! :lol:
    I don't know about karma or sweetness, what I do know is this is the first time in my life I have been able to give and receive in abundance. It seems to add balance to my life, something I have been searching for for a very long time.

Most of the people in my life believe what ever you do, you should be paid in money in return. I hate receiving money for things. I just can't measure my value in dollars and cents. Confession: About 6 months ago I decided to try making and selling my dolls. As a result, I have have struggled to complete only a couple of dolls since March and they were in the works before Randy died. The dolls I made while he was in the hospital are sitting here looking at me. I have been late on everything I have tried since then.

I loved teaching until someone tried to pay me to do it. All the fun was gone instantly. I loved playing my music, even enjoyed it while I served in the Army, my favorite was playing for free at weddings, funerals and for church.

All of my life I have lived in a constant tug of war between myself and my family members who always want me to be earning money instead of just giving from my heart and enjoying it. It has been so frustrating!

A few years ago I started a 'pay what you can' tutoring business. I think this is the only way I can receive money for anything I do. I like it that way the best - except for just doing the right thing because it is right.

Enough for the sermon. My relationship with God is easily said like this: Focus on taking care of God's people and God will take care of you.
    Old 07-06-2010, 11:30 AM

Good for all of you that have lost weight. I'm afraid to get on the scale, I haven't gone overboard on anything but I feel heavy. Maybe it's water weight I was eating salty food.

I got a flat on my bike Sat. No riding on Sun. My husband fixed the flat so I went Mon, it was flat again by Mon evening. I only got 2 miles into my ride and it was flat as a pancake. I had to walk it back home. So today I walked about a mile and went out and bought a new tube for the bike. I'll get my ride in tonight.

I have been biking or walking for about a month and I miss it when I don't. My wieght loss and the extra activity doesn't seem to have made a big difference in how my clothes fit. My neighbor says she can see a difference in my back and my husband says he can see it in my face. I wish there was a noticeable change I could grasp/see.
    Old 07-06-2010, 11:36 AM

Carol: Take your measurements. Then put the paper where you can find it at the end of the month. Then measure again. You are probably losing inches and gaining muscle. This would account for your weight staying the same. You may not be able to see the changes because you have watched yourself for a long time. Have someone take a picture of you. ONe near your face, one a full body. Compare the new pictures to some older pictures before you started exercising. I bet you can see the difference then.
    Old 07-06-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Gwyn,

I don't know about karma or sweetness, what I do know is this is the first time in my life I have been able to give and receive in abundance. It seems to add balance to my life, something I have been searching for for a very long time.

Most of the people in my life believe what ever you do, you should be paid in money in return. I hate receiving money for things. I just can't measure my value in dollars and cents. Confession: About 6 months ago I decided to try making and selling my dolls. As a result, I have have struggled to complete only a couple of dolls since March and they were in the works before Randy died. The dolls I made while he was in the hospital are sitting here looking at me. I have been late on everything I have tried since then.

I loved teaching until someone tried to pay me to do it. All the fun was gone instantly. I loved playing my music, even enjoyed it while I served in the Army, my favorite was playing for free at weddings, funerals and for church.

All of my life I have lived in a constant tug of war between myself and my family members who always want me to be earning money instead of just giving from my heart and enjoying it. It has been so frustrating!

A few years ago I started a 'pay what you can' tutoring business. I think this is the only way I can receive money for anything I do. I like it that way the best - except for just doing the right thing because it is right.

Enough for the sermon. My relationship with God is easily said like this: Focus on taking care of God's people and God will take care of you.
    I really love your philosophy. I too have struggled with charging money for doing for others.

Thank you for being there for me. I really appreciate you very much.

Missy
    Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM

Carol: Take your measurements. Then put the paper where you can find it at the end of the month. Then measure again. You are probably losing inches and gaining muscle. This would account for your weight staying the same. You may not be able to see the changes because you have watched yourself for a long time. Have someone take a picture of you. ONe near your face, one a full body. Compare the new pictures to some older pictures before you started exercising. I bet you can see the difference then.
    Carol,

Gwyn is so right. Taking the pictures and the measurements is a great idea.

Missy
    Old 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM

I agree Gwyn, Carol you don't see yourself as others I have had the same experience while being on a new eating plan. Everyone was saying you have gotten smaller.. But I Could Not See It until I measured myself what a change The bike riding and walking are so good for you keep it up. We are all in your corner to become the person you want to be.