Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 AM

I lost another pound :D... I'm hyped! following Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start... Only problem is I'm having trouble sleeping at night. Last night, I started on duplicating a quilt that my grandmother made and I put the 1st quilt block together....well, I cut the 2.75 x 2.75 pieces 2.5 x2.5... makes a HUGE difference...I had 3/4 of the block together when the last border was off big time. I had the 9 inch right but the 2.5 was wrong and nothing fit.... rip everything apart...trim 1/4 but ONLY TWO sides...I trimmed all FOUR sides....now the squares are too small :( Re-cut squares....the right size.... I finally finished the block at 2:30 a.m. But it is a perfect 12.5 x12.5!!! So hyped about that because with my calculations, I was figuring it to come out a 13.5 x 13.5... downside is that I still wasn't the bit tired, so I chatted on the board till 4:30 and forced myself to go to bed... dh wasn't having a good night either so when I would just start getting to sleep, he'd wake up and visa-versa :(.... eyes feel like sawdust but too much to do today....maybe I'll sleep good tonight. Sorry this is so long...
    Oh and I made the Turkey Burgers last night for dinner.... yum yum
    Old 07-08-2010, 09:09 AM

I just got a call from the psychiatrist that is going to do my psych evaluation to see if I am fit to have the gastric bypass. She said that they had a cancellation today and they want me to come in at 2pm. OMIGOSH! I am so nervous now. I know I just need to go in there and tell it like it is for me but still. They have all my psychiatric records and that just compounds my anxiety.

Okay, so I need you guys to send good thoughts and to pray that I will pass this evaluation. I just have to pass it.

Alright I am off to take a shower and get dressed, do my hair and put on some makeup. Oh lordy I am nervous.

Missy
    Old 07-08-2010, 09:19 AM

You will be fine. Just be you and all will go well. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Let us know how it goes.
    Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 AM

You'll be fine Missy! HUGS. Being nervous is normal for this...they will understand.
    Old 07-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Well, I have been away from my computer, but had a chance today and since I weighed today I feel better I have lost 4 lbs of the wieght I had gain. I just have to keep it on the down side now. Trupeach1 that was great to see your weight loss. Keep up the good work ladies.......
    Old 07-08-2010, 11:59 AM

You also Jill R. I have lost 4 pounds this month...wish it was more, but even so I can tell a difference in my clothes. Work ordered polo shirts with the name of our department on them and I ordered a size smaller than I normally would. Good thing because that was my incentive to not "overeat" when they came in. Today I wore it and it wasn't too bad.
    Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Oh gosh. I went to see the doc that practically has my life in her hands. I was there for three hours and I go back tomorrow morning for another 3 hours. I took 4 psychological tests and spent an hour in an interview with her.

I am not sure what is in store for me tomorrow. At least I got part of it out of the way.

I just hope and pray she sees the real me and not the very sick me when I was in the psych hospital.

Yes, I am schizophrenic but I am stable and have been for more than 18 months. So, we will see.

*deep sigh*

Missy
    Old 07-08-2010, 02:38 PM

Wow, Missy, that is a looooooooong interview. But you are right, at least you are half way done and you got to get started earlier than you thought you would. Tomorrow will be another good day and you will do fine. More good thoughts and prayers going your way. :D
    Old 07-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye
    Wow, Missy, that is a looooooooong interview. But you are right, at least you are half way done and you got to get started earlier than you thought you would. Tomorrow will be another good day and you will do fine. More good thoughts and prayers going your way. :D
    Thank you so much Kaye. The support we have hear for each other means so much to me. Especially right now.

Missy
    Old 07-08-2010, 03:01 PM

Missy are you going to have counseling as a follow up to the surgery? God be with you tomorrow. Carol