Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-16-2010, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by quilting memaw
    well it has not been to bad. If I don't buy it then I don't eat it. No ice cream, snacks, cookies===4 pounds down since the first of July.
    Yahhhh, 4 pounds!

That's what I'm doing, I just don't buy snacks I like. I'll buy something such as ice cream because I generally don't eat it and it's not a temptation for me. But peanut MMs would be gone in a second. Just thinking about them puts me in a dither!

I rode again last night. I only went about 4 miles as it was hot and humid. I get fatigued easy under these conditions. Plus it was so overcast it was getting dark and I don't have a light on my bike.

I think all of the walking and riding is starting to firm me up. I can see a big difference in my dogs, just from the walking. They are peppier and trimming down. They start barking at me in the morning and running in circles to be taken out.

I have a better attitude lately, I have decided to start looking for the positive in life. It is so easy for me to look at what is wrong and not the good. I'm trying to rephrase/think how I look at things. Instead of saying "I ONLY lost 5 pounds", I should say "Look at what I have accomplished."

Life is life and I need to embrace it all, good or bad.
    Old 07-16-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    well it has not been to bad. If I don't buy it then I don't eat it. No ice cream, snacks, cookies===4 pounds down since the first of July.
    Yahhhh, 4 pounds!

That's what I'm doing, I just don't buy snacks I like. I'll buy something such as ice cream because I generally don't eat it and it's not a temptation for me. But peanut MMs would be gone in a second. Just thinking about them puts me in a dither!

I rode again last night. I only went about 4 miles as it was hot and humid. I get fatigued easy under these conditions. Plus it was so overcast it was getting dark and I don't have a light on my bike.

I think all of the walking and riding is starting to firm me up. I can see a big difference in my dogs, just from the walking. They are peppier and trimming down. They start barking at me in the morning and running in circles to be taken out.

I have a better attitude lately, I have decided to start looking for the positive in life. It is so easy for me to look at what is wrong and not the good. I'm trying to rephrase/think how I look at things. Instead of saying "I ONLY lost 5 pounds", I should say "Look at what I have accomplished."

I'm proud of you. It isn't easy to change from a cup half empty person into a cup half full person. It really helped me when I decided I wasn't going to say NO anymore. Be affirmative. Keep a gratitude journal and start talking about things you are thankful for. Keep it up, you are changing inside and out.
    Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Yahhhh, 4 pounds!

I am so happy for you!!! I really understand what changing our attitude can do to us when we are trying to lose weight. Hang in there and keep up the good work!! You are doing great!

Missy
    Old 07-16-2010, 09:47 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Cleaning my closet today. Not that I have cloths that don't fit I haven't lost that much weight and everything is stretchie so it will fit if I am 200 lb or 150. I just wanted to get rid of stuff I know I will never wear. My balance was been rally off the last 2 weeks so it is slow going but I am getting there. I think I won't be able to sleep on my bed tonight I have too much stuff on it and they same goes for DS room. I am moving some of my things in there so that bed is piled high too. I might have to sleep on the couch.
    You are too funny! Did you have to sleep on the couch? :)

Missy
    No......................I slept in my bed. I moved everything over to one side. The piles of clothes and sheets were so high you couldn't see me in the bed. Ohhhhhhhh I have a hope chest at the foot of the bed that was piled with stuff too. If it all would have fallen on me while I was sleeping they would have needed the jaws of life to get me out!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: I have to finish but today I have no energy so it will get done little by little.
    Old 07-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Cleaning my closet today. Not that I have cloths that don't fit I haven't lost that much weight and everything is stretchie so it will fit if I am 200 lb or 150. I just wanted to get rid of stuff I know I will never wear. My balance was been rally off the last 2 weeks so it is slow going but I am getting there. I think I won't be able to sleep on my bed tonight I have too much stuff on it and they same goes for DS room. I am moving some of my things in there so that bed is piled high too. I might have to sleep on the couch.
    You are too funny! Did you have to sleep on the couch? :)

Missy
    No......................I slept in my bed. I moved everything over to one side. The piles of clothes and sheets were so high you couldn't see me in the bed. Ohhhhhhhh I have a hope chest at the foot of the bed that was piled with stuff too. If it all would have fallen on me while I was sleeping they would have needed the jaws of life to get me out!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: I have to finish but today I have no energy so it will get done little by little.
    Omigosh that is hilarious! You keep me laughing!

Missy
    Old 07-16-2010, 11:07 AM

It is a good aerobic exercise if you can sustain it. Are you nesting - is there something we don't know about? The rule in the Army is each hanger must be a full inch from the next. Any closer than that and you have too much stuff. I think I need to measure my hangers. They look really smashed in there. Better get busy, busy, busy
    Old 07-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    It is a good aerobic exercise if you can sustain it. Are you nesting - is there something we don't know about? The rule in the Army is each hanger must be a full inch from the next. Any closer than that and you have too much stuff. I think I need to measure my hangers. They look really smashed in there. Better get busy, busy, busy
    An inch?!?! Holy moly Batman!! I would never get all my stuff in the closet then. hehehe!

Missy
    Old 07-16-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    The rule in the Army is each hanger must be a full inch from the next. Any closer than that and you have too much stuff.
    Uh oh, I'm in trouble. I cleaned out about a month ago, I guess I better go back.
    Old 07-16-2010, 08:22 PM
    Banned

I blew it today and now I am pissed at myself. I had yogurt for breakfast, pasta salad with cheese for lunch. SO far SO good. For dinner I had a cucumber sandwich, now I don't normally eat samdwiches when I am trying to diet that is my down fall I can't stop eating bread/carbs once I start however the lady went grocery shopping today and I have fresh white bread and cucumbers. Then I want down hill from dinner on. I had bread and peach jelly, caramel corn all that was left which was probably 5 cups meaning 400 calories. Then a string cheese and to top it all off tea with 1/2 and 1/2 oh so fattening. Then I had oatmeal with fresh peaches and a glass of milk. I know I had more but I can't remember what I have been shoving in my mouth non stop. Today was a bad day for me emotionally and as the day went on it got worse and worse I felt like I was suffocating and food was my oxygen.
    Old 07-16-2010, 08:50 PM

Okay, Tru. Take a deep breath and get calmed down. Yes, tomorrow is another day. If you brush your teeth, it will be easier to stop. Wash your face and change into some pjs. Don't worry about the kitchen, you can deal with it in the morning. Get your favorite quilt out and your favorite book. No TV, or anything. Whatever happens outside your room doesn't matter. It is time for a break.

Tomorrow is a new day. Get right on track. It is only a single mess up. You will be fine. I know you can do this. We all have hard days, but you are an overcomer. You will beat this. Get some rest.