Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

• weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-01-2010, 08:20 PM

I'm hoping right along with you. One step at a time, that is all we can do. Hang in there.
    Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    I am in but not to win. I just want to be an encouragement to others to receive encouragement for my journey in this weight loss thing.

I love hearing how others are doing and I love the tips and tricks that some share with the group.

So, COUNT ME IN! Even though I am not doing it to win I am still going to send a FQ to the winner.

Missy
    Awwww Missy, aren't you sweet! Part of what I just love about you!
    Old 07-01-2010, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
    Good luck everyone - I need will power!!! Can I pay someone - I seem to stick to a diet if I pay money!!! LOL One little fat quarter won't do it!!!
    Funny idea.
    How about putting a sufficient amount aside in a bank account that you do not touch....and then when you loose the weight, you will have the $$$ to buy yourself some beautiful new cloths ...

Maybe even buy one to hang where you can see it...and entice you to do without the fattening no no foods so you can fit into that outfit...

One FQ would not do it for me either...but remember, there are so many of us, it would end up being yardage if you win.
    Old 07-01-2010, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
    Yucky, but since Bonni posted I will too, 191
    Yucky?
    That sounds good from where I am now sitting at 268!
    But I will not complain...too much. I am down from over 305.

Yucky #s are in our heads.
    Sounds right thin to this head. Wanna Trade Bodies? Thought not.
    Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by Gal
    Hi there, can any one join regardless of where they live in the world? Also I am not familiar with retro Civil War prints can there be a second kind of fabric which could be used instead?

Gal
    I never thought about international. I know I can't send international. I am disabled and someone from the church does my grocery shopping. I wouldn't want to inconvience them by having to go to the post office for me and have to file out the paper work etc. I think there are a lot of people from the US that don't send international. However if you would like to join and would happen to win would it be OK if only the players willing to send international would send the FQ's to you and the people who can't send international would send their FQ to the biggest loser in the US. If you don't want to do the FQ you could still join in the fun by coming to this thread for help, encouragement and friendship.

Let me know what you would like to do. And if there is anyone else not in the US the same goes for you too.
    Not fair....I will offer this. If our new friend or any lady from overseas wins...ship to me, and I will ship to them overseas.
    Seems the only fair way to me. Not rolling in $$$ here, but I have been overseas, been turned away from stuff I really wanted or "needed" to do...know how it feels.

So if all goes her way, I will do the labels and duty papers. Not that big of a deal anyway...I send stuff to daughter and grands in Ireland all the time. So am used to doing that.

But I am not telling anyone my snail addy unless she wins.
    Old 07-02-2010, 12:12 AM

Looks like I wait to join until August.
    I got my new power scooter delivered.
    Then when going to sign the papers, discovered that insurance company did not BUY it for me, they are renting it for me, for 14 months.

DH is Sooooo angry. It took up all of yesterday...preparing the house to receive the new scooter, all that huge pile of paperwork, going to the DMV to get the Handicapped stickers and stuff, and then it stormed.

But I can practice my patience. At 268.0...down from over 305, I have a long ways to go.

My primary care physician is now gone...transferred to a ship stationed in Virginia. I have no idea who they will assign to me next...another watch watcher or someone who genuinely cares.

Nutritionist is also going, and won't be seen by new one until mid August.

So I am setting my own goals. Make them or not, they are what I am shooting for. By the end of July I would like my numbers to be in the 250s...and before the end of 2010, I would like my numbers to no longer begin with the number 200 and...

I am still too weak to do much sewing...most days I ache down to the bone itself. Muscles are not feeling so great either.

But like the one lady stated, exercise first...sew later.
    For me it is a bit different.
    Do what ever chores I can in the a.m. before my body just will not anymore. Rest a bit and then see what I can get done for sewing.

So almost 40 pounds lost, and I am still wearing the same cloths.
    Still can not even fit into a size 4x.

But I have heard the stories of the struggles of my pioneering ancestors. I know I have within me what it takes to persevere.
    No turning back, this covered wagon is bound for the promised land....so 115 or bust!

Maybe August can be some real fun fall prints? That just might motivate me enough to be stronger....

But I am still here for sharing, support and such.

Just not feeling so chipper or energetic.

Grandma12
    Old 07-02-2010, 12:46 AM
    Gal

Hi there, you ladies are great, with wonderful support and friendly encouragement, I can't imagine in a fit that I might win so I don't think there would be a problem there anyways! ( Over Seas postage I mean) Lol! I am going to weigh in at 13 stone, I am not good at the maths to convert!
    Good Luck to everyone!

Gal
    Old 07-02-2010, 04:47 AM

H.O.P.E. - Hope on persevere ever. I heard this as a kid growing up in the Grange. I never really understood this until I was an adult and struggling with family and finances. Hope is putting that one foot in front of the other. It reminds me that life is new every morning and I can start again no matter how many times I need to. Ellen
    Old 07-02-2010, 06:27 AM

Grandma 12, We all do what we can, when we can. I am fortunate enough to be able to go our for a walk and I should thank God everyday for that. We all need to keep things in perspective. I am so impressed by your weight loss and determination going forward. Keep taking it one day at a time and come here for encouragement often.
    Old 07-02-2010, 06:53 AM
    Banned

There are 26 playing for July the largest amount so far...........isn't it wonderful that we have each other for support, hugs and being cheered on. Some lucky person will win over 6 yds of FQ's now that is an insentive to lose weight.

THIS THREAD NO LONGER OPEN FOR SIGN UP'S!!!!!!!!!!!!