Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up >
  • weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up

• weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up

Old 06-16-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by costumegirl
    Missy - it has been very difficult to be disciplned, especilly when those munchies hit at night or when i'm tired! Let's just say I've been drinking a lot of plain green tea :). Hopefully I can keep up the staying power but it is definitely difficult! Good for you with your weigh in!!! You are on the right track and are doing great!! :)
    Yes. It certainly is not an easy thing to be disciplined to do those things that are so much better for us than doing the fast, easy things. Keep that drinking! It is so good for you! Stay encouraged!!!

Missy
    Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 AM

CarolJ- staying the same or going down is good! :D Do not dispair the weight will come off. Increase your activity and maintain 1200 - 1400 calories...below 1200 calories, our bodies think it's in starvation mode and holds on to everything we eat.

CountryMaid- try using Stevia in your tea. It doesn't leave the bitter after taste that the artificial sweeteners do and gives the taste buds the sweet they want and doesn't affect the blood glucose the way sugar does.

Jabs317 - Now to keep those 5 lbs off while you get back to being able to eat again :D hope you are feeling better.

I haven't lost any weight yet still rocking between 149 and 150 but I look skinnier in the mirror :D... I want to weigh less and look skinny :D
    Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
    CarolJ- staying the same or going down is good! :D Do not dispair the weight will come off. Increase your activity and maintain 1200 - 1400 calories...below 1200 calories, our bodies think it's in starvation mode and holds on to everything we eat.

CountryMaid- try using Stevia in your tea. It doesn't leave the bitter after taste that the artificial sweeteners do and gives the taste buds the sweet they want and doesn't affect the blood glucose the way sugar does.

Jabs317 - Now to keep those 5 lbs off while you get back to being able to eat again :D hope you are feeling better.

I haven't lost any weight yet still rocking between 149 and 150 but I look skinnier in the mirror :D... I want to weigh less and look skinny :D
    Leota,

149-150 is nothing to shake a stick at. I cannot wait until I am that weight. I have so so much to lose but with you guys encouraging me it will be much easier. You guys are the best!

Missy
    Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 AM

We are here for each other, through thick and thin!!
    Old 06-16-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Woodster
    We are here for each other, through thick and thin!!
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

Missy
    Old 06-16-2010, 03:14 PM

Do you realize that is 100 pounds less than me? I haven't been that weight since...being in the Army 30+ years ago.

I try to tell myself it is baby fat. I had 10 babies and only gained 10 pounds during each pregnancy. The problem is I didn't lose anything between babies. The fact is, this is true. Baby fat is really hard to lose.
    Old 06-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn

Do you realize that is 100 pounds less than me? I haven't been that weight since...being in the Army 30+ years ago.

I try to tell myself it is baby fat. I had 10 babies and only gained 10 pounds during each pregnancy. The problem is I didn't lose anything between babies. The fact is, this is true. Baby fat is really hard to lose.
    Yes it is dang hard to lose! I weigh less than 300 pounds more than that but heaven help me I ain't quittin'! I am going to have that surgery and lose this weight!

Missy
    Old 06-16-2010, 03:39 PM

I wish I could have the surgery. It is very expensive and they want to be paid before you get it done. Even with the surgery you still must learn to eat correctly. It is just that I have been dealing with being fat since I was 8. That is too long. I think I deserve a break.
    Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    I wish I could have the surgery. It is very expensive and they want to be paid before you get it done. Even with the surgery you still must learn to eat correctly. It is just that I have been dealing with being fat since I was 8. That is too long. I think I deserve a break.
    Yes you do deserve a break! It is expensive but medicare covers it. That is how I am getting it. They require the six months medically supervised diet to make sure we have already started changing habits before the surgery. The plastic surgery I am going to have to get can also be covered if they deem it necessary and my surgeon already has that approved for me.

I am in for alot of pain but no pain no gain, right?
    Old 06-16-2010, 04:44 PM

No surgery for me. I'm a big chicken. I want to get to 145, it'll be a while but I can do it.

Great loss Missy, I am, proud for you!