Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up >
  • weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up

• weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up

Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    So far, the VA has said no to my request for weight loss surgery. Man I wish I had the money! Anyway, this puts me in the position of having to get it off myself. My therapist wants me to start journaling more. I have PTSD, 3 major deaths, weight issues, and rape/trauma syndrome. Lots to work on.
    I came across this secret (from Postsecrets) and thought of you. Your scars are a sign that you have survived all those horrible things and not that you almost didn't.

I think of you everyday and wish you the best always. I hope that as we progress in our individual weight loss journeys that we hold each other up and encourage one another always. After all, we are all in this thing called life together.

I am praying for you Gwyn. I hope you do not mind me posting this picture.

Love,

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-86662.jpe  
    Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 PM

Missy: I like that secret. I've been having lots of trouble starting. Usually hasn't been a problem for me, but lately, it is all I can do. Then once I start, I just can't finish. But if I don't start, I will never finish.

Well, tomorrow is my day. I weighed 243lb at the doctor on Thursday. This is the most I have ever been. I haven't been watching anything, just staring into space. No! Tonight. Right now! No kidding. I start right now. June 26, 2010, at 10:00 p.m. I am on the right track. No more pitty party. I can eat correctly, I can help with cooking, cleaning and laundry. I can even get my room clean. I can run my life. Even if life changes, I can take care of things. There isn't anything that can happen that God and I can't face together.
    Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the post Missy, although it was directed for Gwyn it is very uplifting.

I've been down a bit as I haven't lost much weight. I guess just pull myself up and keep going.
    Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 PM

Missy: I like that secret. I've been having lots of trouble starting. Usually hasn't been a problem for me, but lately, it is all I can do. Then once I start, I just can't finish. But if I don't start, I will never finish.

Well, tomorrow is my day. I weighed 243lb at the doctor on Thursday. This is the most I have ever been. I haven't been watching anything, just staring into space. No! Tonight. Right now! No kidding. I start right now. June 26, 2010, at 10:00 p.m. I am on the right track. No more pitty party. I can eat correctly, I can help with cooking, cleaning and laundry. I can even get my room clean. I can run my life. Even if life changes, I can take care of things. There isn't anything that can happen that God and I can't face together.
    Gwyn,

YOU GO GIRL!! I know you can do it! I know we all can do it!

Hang in there and remember you are not trying to build a house all at once. All you have to do is lay down one brick at a time. SO, just for this one meal, this one moment in time, I will do my best. I know in my heart you are a great person and can do this!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-86684.jpe  
    Old 06-26-2010, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Thanks for the post Missy, although it was directed for Gwyn it is very uplifting.

I've been down a bit as I haven't lost much weight. I guess just pull myself up and keep going.
    CarolJ,

I so understand what you are feeling. That picture I posted about being beautiful is for all of us. We are all beautiful. No matter whether you have lost one pound or no pounds. One of us might need to lose a tiny bit or 300 pounds like me. It all just starts with one foot in front of the other. Or as I said to Gwyn, we are building a house one brick at a time.

Please be encouraged, I will cheer you on and cry with you when you cry. You guys really are the best!

Please take care of you.

Missy
    Old 06-27-2010, 09:52 AM

I don't like having the sewing machine in my room. There, I said it. I don't like being back here by myself. I like being out where I can at least talk to the kids as they come and go. Now that all of it is back here, I feel caged. No, more like "put away" like a toy a child is finished using.

Maybe I will try leaving the door open. I'll set a timer so every hour I get up and go get a drink. I need to start walking around anyway.
    Old 06-27-2010, 10:20 AM

I don't like having the sewing machine in my room. There, I said it. I don't like being back here by myself. I like being out where I can at least talk to the kids as they come and go. Now that all of it is back here, I feel caged. No, more like "put away" like a toy a child is finished using.

Maybe I will try leaving the door open. I'll set a timer so every hour I get up and go get a drink. I need to start walking around anyway.
    Keeping the door open is a good idea. Can you move your sewing temporarily to the kitchen table, at least for the day?

Setting the timer is a smart way to remember to get you a drink and to move around a bit.

I hope you have a good Sunday!

Missy
    Old 06-27-2010, 10:42 AM

I have always used the dining room table to sew. In fact, this week is the first time I have really gotten out of the public areas of our house. When the kids were younger, it was easier to watch then when I was more public. I need to give this a try.

One problem is I don't have a good table to put the machine on. What I have is a low dressing table that I can't even put my legs under. Second is I have no where to cut fabric of any size. Just an ironing board.

Last, I am messy. I have sorted, stacked, sorted, thrown away, sorted, etc. The pile is smaller, but it is still messy. (I can't stand cardboard boxes!) I think I need to get a couple - 3 more storage boxes for fabric and doll stuff. And, I have to get rid of some things I am never going to use. Like the lamp that has been stacked on top of the dresser for over a year, but has no place or use. I just like it because it is pretty.

Missy, thanks for listening. It is exactly what I needed.
    Old 06-27-2010, 11:01 AM

I have always used the dining room table to sew. In fact, this week is the first time I have really gotten out of the public areas of our house. When the kids were younger, it was easier to watch then when I was more public. I need to give this a try.

One problem is I don't have a good table to put the machine on. What I have is a low dressing table that I can't even put my legs under. Second is I have no where to cut fabric of any size. Just an ironing board.

Last, I am messy. I have sorted, stacked, sorted, thrown away, sorted, etc. The pile is smaller, but it is still messy. (I can't stand cardboard boxes!) I think I need to get a couple - 3 more storage boxes for fabric and doll stuff. And, I have to get rid of some things I am never going to use. Like the lamp that has been stacked on top of the dresser for over a year, but has no place or use. I just like it because it is pretty.

Missy, thanks for listening. It is exactly what I needed.
    You are most welcome Gwyn. I can surely relate to the piles of stuff all around. I am going to try and do some organizing this coming week. I hate doing it though. Does that make me a bad quilter? LOL

Oh well, enjoy your day. Have fun sewing and enjoy your little jaunts to get a drink and do some moving around!

Missy
    Old 06-27-2010, 12:25 PM
    Banned

I haven't lost anything but I knew that was happening and I excepted it I will start a new tomorrow. DD decided to not eat crap anymore and now that we have someone to do our grocery shopping it will be all the more easier to diet. I will have the needed food. Today I made roast beef with mashed potatoes gravy and buttered carrots. We ate early. It was our last fattening meal. Tomorrow DD is starting a cleans and then diet, not that she needs it but since she gained the weigh back from all her surgeries and is a nice 116lb she wants to lose about 10 lbs. I have to lose 50 but at least for awhile we will eat healthy together.

It is almost the end of the month I wonder will be our biggest loser for June???????? NOT ME lol