Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up >
  • weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up

• weight loss challenge.......with a prize June sign up

Old 06-08-2010, 06:06 AM

Leota - Are you on Allergy meds because that could affect your weight also.
    Old 06-10-2010, 11:21 AM

So how is the second week going everyone. I weighed on Tues and was happy with the results (keeping in mind I have a LOT of wt to loose so that first week is always nice). Hopefully I can keep it up. I am going on vacation next week to a quilting retreat in S.Lake Tahoe. I'm scared I will gain it all back!!!! Wish me luck.

Toni
    Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by vovoa
    So how is the second week going everyone. I weighed on Tues and was happy with the results (keeping in mind I have a LOT of wt to loose so that first week is always nice). Hopefully I can keep it up. I am going on vacation next week to a quilting retreat in S.Lake Tahoe. I'm scared I will gain it all back!!!! Wish me luck.

Toni
    It is going great for me. I go in on Monday to weigh in at the hospital. I am looking forward to it!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Missy
    Old 06-10-2010, 01:31 PM
    Banned

I gained weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew I would I have been eating EVERYTHING DD has asked me to bake for her. Chocolate chips cookies, tomato basil bread and dip. I have to STOP I was doing sooooooooooo gooooooooooo before her last 2 surgeries.
    Old 06-10-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I gained weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew I would I have been eating EVERYTHING DD has asked me to bake for her. Chocolate chips cookies, tomato basil bread and dip. I have to STOP I was doing sooooooooooo gooooooooooo before her last 2 surgeries.
    Just pull yourself up by your bootstraps and keep on going. It is not all bad. Remember to try to get 2/3 of your diet as plant based and the rest of it as protein, carbs, and the good fats. Drink a ton of water too. If you drink soda when you do the fast food thing or in cans remember that every 12 oz is 150+ calories.

Also, the "double down" chicken sandwich from Kentucky Fried Chicken (a fried or grilled sandwich with no bread) still has at least 500+ calories, even the grilled one.

Hang in there. I would love to share what I am learning from my dietician. I see one at the hospital every month and we email back and forth daily. I weigh in with the bariatric program on Monday so we shall see how this second week goes for me.

Take care!

Missy
    Old 06-10-2010, 02:32 PM

Missy when are you supposed to have your surgery? Thanks for all the great tips I really appreciate it. And she is right trupeach YOU CAN DO THIS!! They brought one of those chocolate chip cookie pies into the break room yesterday and I kept looking at it and looking at it. Then I just quit even going in there. Sometimes I just can't seem to say no!

Hang in there.
    Toni
    Old 06-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Missy when are you supposed to have your surgery? Thanks for all the great tips I really appreciate it. And she is right trupeach YOU CAN DO THIS!! They brought one of those chocolate chip cookie pies into the break room yesterday and I kept looking at it and looking at it. Then I just quit even going in there. Sometimes I just can't seem to say no!

Hang in there.
    Toni
    It looks like I will have the surgery around Thanksgiving time. I have to be on this diet until the end of October and what the steps are after that that I have to go through I am not sure. PLUS I have to have this surgery in Sioux Falls which is about 6 hours away from here.

I will keep you all updated, I promise!

Missy
    Old 06-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Have you already had your couseling part and this is the last step till surgery?
    Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM

Have you already had your couseling part and this is the last step till surgery?
    I have had one session with the psychiatrist. The internest that I see on Monday is checking to see if my regular psychiatrist can be part of the process instead of just their doctor.

I found out more than 16 months ago that one of the requirements was that I had to be out of the mental hospital for more than 12 consecutive months in order to even qualify for the procedure. I have been out of the hospital for more than 16 months now. So that is no problem.

I will let you know what the doc says on Monday.

Missy
    Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank all of those who sent me FQ's for being one of the April weight loss winners. I will post a picture soon of my goodies.

Thanks again to those who sent FQ.s I am so thrilled with them all.

My weight is in a holding pattern. I am not going to do much dieting the next few days, I will be in recuperating mode after minor surgery tomorrow.