Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-13-2010, 05:47 AM

Missy - I just signed in for the first time in over a week. Sounds like you are doing incerdibly well with both the weight and mental illness. Gee, I thought I had problems. I'll stop whining about my fate today. As long as you stay on your meds, run for help if symptoms recur as I know that psycho tropic meds need to be tweaked now and then, and continue the weight loss program I'd say you've got it made. I'm impressed with your strength and discipline and so will the shrink you see today.

We have confidence in you and so should you.

Kit's Mamma
    Old 10-13-2010, 08:06 AM

Missy - *hugs* My grandmother battled that same illness for years and there definitely is a social stigma associated with it. I hope you get the clearance for your surgery.

Well ladies, I weighed myself this morning and I am down 6.6 lbs since last week!!!! Holy cow, I don't know how I did it but I did!!! I am soooooo proud of myself. I'm going to keep going and pray that I lose even just 1 lb this coming week. Thank you for all your support. *hugs*
    Old 10-13-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Missy - *hugs* My grandmother battled that same illness for years and there definitely is a social stigma associated with it. I hope you get the clearance for your surgery.

Well ladies, I weighed myself this morning and I am down 6.6 lbs since last week!!!! Holy cow, I don't know how I did it but I did!!! I am soooooo proud of myself. I'm going to keep going and pray that I lose even just 1 lb this coming week. Thank you for all your support. *hugs*
    Awesome Job! Keep up the good work. Are you following a specific diet plan or just making healthy choices?
    Old 10-13-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm doing Weight Watchers. I have all the books and plan for it so I've just been doing it at home. :)
    Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 AM

Weigh in at weight watchers last night and lost .4. Seriously? .4???? Okay I know it's better than a gain, and small steps add up - yada yada yada. I can't make .4 of a block! (for my fluffy quilt) I have so many projects started that I think I'm going to only make a block for a pound loss - and not to make them right now for what I lost before this month. That will give me something to reward myself with for those pound losses. When I get caught up on other projects I may start making more blocks to catch up on the 20 pounds I lost before October.

It's fun to check in here and see what everyone else is doing!
    Old 10-13-2010, 12:47 PM
    Banned

Bad day for me. My ears are horrid and the vertigo is bad. Couldn't get up so I had cheese and crackers that were next to the bed. I am not feeling well.
    Old 10-13-2010, 01:07 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Bad day for me. My ears are horrid and the vertigo is bad. Couldn't get up so I had cheese and crackers that were next to the bed. I am not feeling well.
    I'm sorry your not feeling well! HUGS!!! Isn't there anything the Drs. can do for the vertigo?
    Old 10-13-2010, 02:06 PM

I wanted to drop everyone a note and let you know how this morning went.

They psychologist was very nice. She had all the notes from the doctors I have been seeing since I started this journey.

After talking for an hour she said the MOST amazing thing. She said "after your procedure would you be willing to come to the support group (for patients after surgery) and be a speaker. Holy Moly?!?!?!

The after the procedure part says to me she is going to approve me. I hope that is what she does! I will hopefully hear sometime in the next few days if she is definitely going to approve me.

I am so glad that is over. Whew. I was so afraid that the stress was going to bring on the voices but thank goodness it did not.

After I got home I was so tired that I went and took a 4 hour nap.

Thank you guys for all your prayers and good vibes and all your wonderful and kind words. You guys are the best!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-109223.jpe  
    Old 10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

WooHoo!!! Missy, I'm sure if she said she was gonna approve it then she will. That is wonderful news.
    Old 10-13-2010, 03:48 PM

My dear Missy, I am praying for you and hoping all goes well which I know it will be because God is by your side. Lots of hugs and kisses to you. This morning on Joyce Meyer's program, she said if something is out of your control, try not to worry about it. My son always tells me not to let certain things take up space in my brain.
    Good luck, sweetie.
    Donna