Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-18-2010, 05:02 AM
    Banned

Today is WORLD MENOPAUSE DAY.............I am not kidding it popped up on AOL.
    Old 10-18-2010, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Very lovely quilt, Missy.
    Thank you so much Donna! I really hope that my long arm quilter can get it done by the third of November.

Missy
    Old 10-18-2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Oh dear....this doesn't sound good. I am gearing up for a day full of hot flashes and mood swings. My mentalpause will certainly be in full force today. I can feel it already. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Missy
    Old 10-18-2010, 06:39 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    If that's the case I think I will stay home all day.
    Old 10-18-2010, 09:10 AM

Okay folks. There has been a major victory in the world of nutrition as it relates to IHOP. The people at the International House of Pancakes have been giving the community and the world a runaround when it comes to releasing the nutrition facts for the food they offer on their menu.

They have finally done it! They have released that information!! Woohoo!! Now we know that the big country breakfast has a whopping 1790 calories! This menu item, by the way, has the highest caloric count than any other item. There is only one item that is close and that is the Appetizer Sampler at 1780 calories. Sheesh!!!

But, even with the bad news as to the nutritional counts for their menu items you can see things that are reasonable and yummy. As I always say, do not go to any restaurant without being prepared. That will save you POUNDS of misery and upset.

BREAKING NEWS: Vitalicious Breakfast Sandwiches Are Here!

Are they morning sandwiches made of chocolate muffin tops?! No, silly! The EggNCheese VitaSandwich -- in a standard variety and a "with Veggies" version -- is a classic morning 'wich from the brilliant minds and taste buds behind VitaTops. Each 4.5-oz. sandwich features a whole-wheat English muffin and has a mere 150 calories, just 2g fat, a very reasonable 340 - 356mg sodium, 23g carbs, a whopping 7g fiber, 3g sugars, and 14 - 15g protein (POINTSŪ value 2*). Currently, the new b-fast treats are not sold online, but they ARE beginning to pop up in freezer aisles at Stop & Shop, Publix, SuperTarget, and Giant grocery stores. If you see 'em, grab a box and try 'em out! And hold on to that box; enter the code on the inside tab on www.vitalicious.com, and get $5.00 off your next online Vita order. BTW, you DO know that more and more Target locations are carrying VitaTops, right? Those Vitalicious folks are just bursting with good news!

Spotted on Shelves...

Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Turkey Hearty Sausage Crumbles - Holy perfect-egg-mug-add-in, Batman! This crumbly seasoned turkey makes getting a protein-packed breakfast a little easier. A 2/3-cup serving has 90 calories, 4g fat, 500mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, and 11g protein (POINTSŪ value 2*). Jimmy is giving our beloved soy crumbles some competition...

Ocean Spray Dried Blueberries - Our cranberry-obsessed pals at the OS are branching out! If you need some new dried fruit in your life, try this dehydrated snack. Each 1/3-cup serving has 140 calories, 0g fat, 5mg sodium, 32g carbs, 3g fiber, 27g sugars, and <1g protein (POINTSŪ value 2*). Ocean Spray's fruity lineup also now includes Dried Cherries and Jumbo Dried Cranberries -- SWEET!

Butterfinger Snackerz in Fun Size Pouches - As we inch closer and closer to Halloween, it's gonna be harder and harder to resist those little bags and bars of candy. Here's a find that will satisfy your sweet tooth without much damage to your diet. Have two pouches for 150 calories, 7g fat, 75mg sodium, 21g carbs, 1g fiber, 13g sugars, and 2g protein (POINTSŪ value 3*). Or, you know, have one pouch for half that. Just make SURE to get the Fun Size pouches, because the other packs have higher stats.

This post bursting with incredible and fabulous information was brought to you by the Hungry Girl. :):):):)

I so love her!

Missy
    Old 10-18-2010, 12:47 PM

We still don't have Vitatops here but in the Publix we went to in Georgia, they were buy 1/get one free, so I loaded up. We drove home for two days and put them all in the freezer. At $4.95 a pop, I can just as well make my own muffins and muffin tops but it sure was a treat to have them made for me. I make almost everything from scratch; it is about 1/4th the cost.
    Old 10-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee
    We still don't have Vitatops here but in the Publix we went to in Georgia, they were buy 1/get one free, so I loaded up. We drove home for two days and put them all in the freezer. At $4.95 a pop, I can just as well make my own muffins and muffin tops but it sure was a treat to have them made for me. I make almost everything from scratch; it is about 1/4th the cost.
    Nolee,

Do the recipes that you use to make those homemade ones have the same nutritional values? I would love to make them and freeze them myself but I do not know about the nutrition part.

Missy
    Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Well, Missy, I use a very healthy recipe with spelt and whole wheat and a tad of white so it's not too dry, then I add everything nutritional you can think of....raisins, nuts, flax, bran, wheat germ, anything I can get in there that my family will tolerate without knowing it is healthy. Some healthy tastes like cardboard so I do the best I can. So far, so good!!

Nolee,

Do the recipes that you use to make those homemade ones have the same nutritional values? I would love to make them and freeze them myself but I do not know about the nutrition part.

Missy[/quote]
    Old 10-18-2010, 04:53 PM

I lost the 3 lbs I gained :D I'm back down to 142 :D now to keep going DOWN. Sunday I put on a suit that was way too tight last year and it was TOO big... like the pants wouldn't stay up... No they didn't fall off..
    Old 10-18-2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
    I lost the 3 lbs I gained :D I'm back down to 142 :D now to keep going DOWN. Sunday I put on a suit that was way too tight last year and it was TOO big... like the pants wouldn't stay up... No they didn't fall off..
    Leota, doesn't it feel good when everythin is loose!