Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I am happy for all of you that have lost this week.......way to go.......!!!!!!!!

For me a week of not feeling well and no weight lost. I have been the same give or take a lb or 2 since April......sigh............ maybe I should give up, count my blessings that I lost 20 some odd pounds and call it a day. I am under 200. I eat health and I am eating enough I just can't lose. I have tired everything.
    Oh hang in there Tru!! I do not want you to give up. I would be so lost in this journey without you!

Missy
    Old 10-19-2010, 09:11 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Hang in There Tru!!! You will start losing again, it's just gonna take time. When you get to feeling better maybe you can add a new exercise to your workout to boost the weight loss. I have added floor stretches to my routine. It can be something as simple as adding an extra 5 or 10 minutes to your routine.
    Old 10-19-2010, 02:29 PM

I am happy for all of you that have lost this week.......way to go.......!!!!!!!!

For me a week of not feeling well and no weight lost. I have been the same give or take a lb or 2 since April......sigh............ maybe I should give up, count my blessings that I lost 20 some odd pounds and call it a day. I am under 200. I eat health and I am eating enough I just can't lose. I have tired everything.
    Trupeach you listen up girl... You will not give up! I went a year and didn't lose an ounce!... Now I'm very very very slowly losing again.... so you just hang in there... I know you can't go running or toe touches because of you vertigo... but you can eat healthy and think happy thoughts...
    Besides... you are our fearless leader and you can't quit.
    Old 10-19-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Leota

Trupeach you listen up girl... You will not give up! I went a year and didn't lose an ounce!... Now I'm very very very slowly losing again.... so you just hang in there... I know you can't go running or toe touches because of you vertigo... but you can eat healthy and think happy thoughts...
    Besides... you are our fearless leader and you can't quit.
    Tru...

WHAT SHE SAID!!

I love you bunches girlfriend! Just hang in there!

Missy
    Old 10-19-2010, 04:27 PM

Oh Tru I'm so sorry you are so down. You just keep eating healthy and doing what you can and it will happen for you again.
    We're all behind you 100%. You can do it with us.
    Old 10-19-2010, 05:26 PM

Tru, I'm so sorry you are feeling down. You've probably reached a plateau which are so hard to break. Someone told me when you can't break the plateau, eat fish and spinach for a couple days. That is supposed to help you lose. I cannot swear to it because I've never tried it but darn, it's worth a try!!!

I did not weigh in this morning at WW. Had an "ate too much" week last week and it was pouring rain this a.m. so not sure if I even lost this last week. Oh well, time to start again.
    Old 10-19-2010, 06:15 PM

Tru, just hang in there. It is so frustrating not to lose. Try changing your routine, drink more water and cut back on one thing. Also remember because you are lighter you won't lose weight as fast as you did prior.

Try journaling when and what you eat. It may help pinpoint any problems. It helps me a lot to do this. There are several free sites on line that can help.

I know adivice is easy, but please hang in there. My prayers are with you.
    Old 10-20-2010, 04:23 AM
    Banned

Well I gained 2 lbs. I have been bedridden again for over 2 weeks how could I lose weight if I can't exercise or for that matter move. I am depressed not with the weight gain but with my disability.

As for the fish and spinach, I am allergic to fish ALL fish including tuna.
    Old 10-20-2010, 04:30 AM

I only lost a little weight last week, but lost an inch and a half from my waist and hips. I didn't lose any this week, but lost another half inch off my waist. As long as I stay on track with program, I feel good.

It took waaaaay more than 2 weeks to get to this weight and it will take waaaaaay more than that to get it off!

Let's not be discouraged. Let's look to today-- a brand new chance to look at life as the precious gift it is, and to treat ourselves accordingly.
    Old 10-20-2010, 06:26 AM

I lost .6 this week making my monthly total 7.2 lbs. Doesn't look like I'll be winning the FQs this month. lol But there are 11 days to go so maybe this week I'll lose a little more (if I completely stick to my diet and eating plan).