Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up

Old 10-28-2010, 05:16 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Ready for a shock!!! I have not been exercising but I am eating right for the most part. I weighed tonight and I lost 2 1/2 more pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it.

Though I think it is from stress. My DD has been having stomach pain for over a week now. We thought it was her ulcer acting up again. Well she started running a fever and having sharp pains on her lower right side and back with nausia, I got her into the Dr. yesterday and they did the usual blood work and a ultra sound. Her CBC was out of wack but the ultra sound showed nothing wrong so they did a CAT Scan and found a stone in her kidney on the right side. We see a Urologist on Monday to see what they think should be done. She is on pain pills and they knock her out. I guess that is a good thing.
    Joyce had 3 kidney stones, OMG she was so sick. The doc said if she didn't pass them he would zap them. He gave her I think 5 days to pass. I read all about them and it said to drink red clover tea, you get it in the health food store. The red clover tea brakes up the stones so that there are easier to pass. I had her drink about 3-4 mugs a day. 2 days later she went back to the doc and 1 stone was gone. 2 days later she went back to the doc and nothing was there the stones were gone. Why don't you get red clover tea and see if that doesn't help. I know it will and my the time Monday comes she won't need to go to a urologist. TRUST ME IT WORKS>>>>>>>

Just as a side note kidney stones are made up of uric acid which is what makes the joints swell with rheumotoid arthistis. If you get kidney stones at an early age you have a build up of uric acid and arthisitis is in your future. How do I know this?????? My granny was a guinea pig for the Arthisitis Foundation at New York Hospital many years ago and they had her take expermintal drugs. My granny is in medial books, pictures and all. The drug was allopurinol lowers uric acid levels.................and that is you medical lesson for the day,
    Old 10-28-2010, 05:23 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Ready for a shock!!! I have not been exercising but I am eating right for the most part. I weighed tonight and I lost 2 1/2 more pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it.

Though I think it is from stress. My DD has been having stomach pain for over a week now. We thought it was her ulcer acting up again. Well she started running a fever and having sharp pains on her lower right side and back with nausia, I got her into the Dr. yesterday and they did the usual blood work and a ultra sound. Her CBC was out of wack but the ultra sound showed nothing wrong so they did a CAT Scan and found a stone in her kidney on the right side. We see a Urologist on Monday to see what they think should be done. She is on pain pills and they knock her out. I guess that is a good thing.
    Joyce had 3 kidney stones, OMG she was so sick. The doc said if she didn't pass them he would zap them. He gave her I think 5 days to pass. I read all about them and it said to drink red clover tea, you get it in the health food store. The red clover tea brakes up the stones so that there are easier to pass. I had her drink about 3-4 mugs a day. 2 days later she went back to the doc and 1 stone was gone. 2 days later she went back to the doc and nothing was there the stones were gone. Why don't you get red clover tea and see if that doesn't help. I know it will and my the time Monday comes she won't need to go to a urologist. TRUST ME IT WORKS>>>>>>>
    Thank you for the info.
    Old 10-28-2010, 05:40 PM

Well didn't go great at WW today, but wasn't too bad either. I stayed the same. I just haven't been dieting all week. Ever since we took a little vacation last Thursday I have not been dieting at all. Now, I'm going to start anew again.
    Old 10-28-2010, 07:10 PM

My dog bite is only a bruise now, but I have a cold. I never get sick and I have been sick twice in the last month. Bummer.

I have only lost 6 pounds this month, but I am down 47 pounds from June. Not to bad.

Just the fact we are all trying, is a positive. I was reading if you aren't losing weight try changing your routine, and make sure you eat breakfast.
    Old 10-28-2010, 07:11 PM

Glad the bite didn't get infected, and great work on the weight loss!
    Old 10-28-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD
    Well didn't go great at WW today, but wasn't too bad either. I stayed the same. I just haven't been dieting all week. Ever since we took a little vacation last Thursday I have not been dieting at all. Now, I'm going to start anew again.
    good for you---at least you stayed the same. Keep it up.
    Old 10-28-2010, 07:20 PM

Just as a side note kidney stones are made up of uric acid which is what makes the joints swell with rheumotoid arthistis. If you get kidney stones at an early age you have a build up of uric acid and arthisitis is in your future. How do I know this?????? My granny was a guinea pig for the Arthisitis Foundation at New York Hospital many years ago and they had her take expermintal drugs. My granny is in medial books, pictures and all. The drug was allopurinol lowers uric acid levels.................and that is you medical lesson for the day,
    You are right about the uric acid, which also causes the gout. I have the gout--yuk. Now that is a form of arthritis also because the uric acid crystalizes in the joints and when you have a gout attack it usually happens in the foot or leg and is so very painful.
    Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 PM
    Power Poster

What causes uric acid? I know I could look it up but I would rather chat with you all about it.
    Old 10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
    Banned

What causes uric acid? I know I could look it up but I would rather chat with you all about it.
    I don't know I have to look it up however I do know orgainic apple cider vinegar does wonders for it. my granny even through she was on med years later I told her about the vinegar and she swore she felt better after a week or so of doing the vinegar. if she stopped drinking it she would get more swollen.
    Old 10-28-2010, 07:54 PM
    Power Poster

I don't know I have to look it up however I do know orgainic apple cider vinegar does wonders for it. my granny even through she was on med years later I told her about the vinegar and she swore she felt better after a week or so of doing the vinegar. if she stopped drinking it she would get more swollen.
    I know my DD won't touch anything organic. I wonder if regular apple cider vinegar would work the same.