Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 PM

I was dizzy by the end of swing class tonight. I have never been turned so many times by a partner. lol The ladies had to keep trading partners so I got to dance with all the men. Why is it that some men think they need to PUSH a big woman when doing a turn? Just because I'm big doesn't mean I need your help to turn in a circle! lol All in all, I had a very good time. It was excellent exercise!
    Old 09-27-2010, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    I was dizzy by the end of swing class tonight. I have never been turned so many times by a partner. lol The ladies had to keep trading partners so I got to dance with all the men. Why is it that some men think they need to PUSH a big woman when doing a turn? Just because I'm big doesn't mean I need your help to turn in a circle! lol All in all, I had a very good time. It was excellent exercise!
    Christina,

That is a great question!

Missy
    Old 09-27-2010, 09:18 PM

GUESS WHAT?????

Mike hugged me tonight and he was able to reach around me and clasp his hands!!! We were both in shock! It was awesome!!

We had a great date tonight.

Missy
    Old 09-28-2010, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    As I stated before, "don't trust them scales," yesterday 210, today 205. Go figure?
    You got that right. Never trust 'em!

Missy
    Yep, I weighed myself last Monday and found I had lost 7 pounds overnight, only to find them again on Wednesday. :x

The scales can be a good friend or a bitter enemy. It's best to meet up with them only once a week for a little chat!
    Old 09-28-2010, 03:39 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

When you step on the scale you have to take into consideration what you are wearing each time. Each time try to have the same thing on because some clothing is heavier than others. With the weather cooling off the clothes are gonna make us weigh more. Just thought I would toss that out there.
    Old 09-28-2010, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    When you step on the scale you have to take into consideration what you are wearing each time. Each time try to have the same thing on because some clothing is heavier than others. With the weather cooling off the clothes are gonna make us weigh more. Just thought I would toss that out there.
    One thing I learned when I started seeing the nutritionist and the internist at the bariatric program at the hospital was that if you weight more than 300 pounds a regular house scale will not be accurate because you are wider than the scale can actually measure and so sometimes it will weigh you heavy and sometimes it will weigh you lighter. For me, it always weighed me heavy. That is why I always weigh at the hospital and always on the same floor scale. The floor scale is a scale that goes to 1000 pounds and the thing you step on is very wide and so it is more accurate for me.

I do not mean that you guys have to weigh at the hospital but only to recognize that your scale might not be weighing you accurately and so do not always believe it completely cause you might be smaller than you think.

I sure hope that made sense. I am up way too early today.

Missy
    Old 09-28-2010, 04:19 AM

WOOHOO!!! Ben and Jerry's is REMOVING the ALL NATURAL claim off of their ice cream!! This is a GOOOOOD thing because they could not substantiate that claim. We must keep the food manufacturers HONEST!

This is a victory for those of us trying to watch what we eat because some who do not really read labels but see those words might think that their ice cream is good for them when it is NOT. It is NO better for you than the other leading ice cream makers. It is just as full of fat and sugars than the others.

Yay! Victory at last!!

Missy
    Old 09-28-2010, 04:20 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Missy so far I have been lucky with the scale at home matching the scale at the doctor office. I have noticed a big difference between the digital ones and the ones with a dial that spins around. The digital seems way more accurate. Another suggestion don't weigh yourself daily that can be to discouraging.
    Old 09-28-2010, 04:25 AM

OH but Missy is NOT done this morning. I have one more thing to get off of my mind. LOL!

I read this yesterday in my Read It Before You Eat It book. Very IMPORTANT to know.

The Dirty Dozen

According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), consumers can reduce their pesticide exposure by 80% by avoiding the most contaminated fruits and vegetables. EWG has been publishing these guides listing the foods that are the most pesticide-contaminated---even after they have been washed properly---based on statistical analysis of testing conducted by the USDA and the FDA. (I know there are 13 items on the list, so think of this as a baker’s dozen)

Apples
    Bell Peppers
    Carrots
    Cherries
    Grapes
    Greens: Kale, spinach and lettuce
    Nectarines
    Peaches
    Pears
    Potatoes
    Raspberries
    Strawberries

On the other hand, the “clean 15” may not warrant a switch to organic, which also makes purchasing these foods easier on your wallet. Yes, I know. There are more than 15 items here too. :)

The Clean 15

Asparagus
    Avocados
    Bananas
    Blueberries
    Broccoli
    Cabbage
    Cauliflower
    Corn
    Eggplant
    Garlic
    Kiwis
    Mangoes
    Onions
    Papaya
    Pineapple
    Shelling Peas
    Sweet Potatoes
    Tomatoes
    Watermelon

So. There you go. I just thought you might be interested.

Missy
    Old 09-28-2010, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Missy so far I have been lucky with the scale at home matching the scale at the doctor office. I have noticed a big difference between the digital ones and the ones with a dial that spins around. The digital seems way more accurate. Another suggestion don't weigh yourself daily that can be to discouraging.
    Yup. So so true!

Missy