Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-03-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Originally Posted by bronald
    Good Morning you people are so funny. I'm enjoying just reading and having a good laugh. I have found a web site that is helping me. I have lost about 26 pounds useing this site. We all want to be healthy not just thin,and we know we need to cut down on sodium,fat and colesterol. This site helps to trak all of these and calories. I have found it to be very helpful. http://www.livestrong.com Go check it out I love it.
    This is the site I use, I like it a lot.
    Have you lost wieght using it? My whole family is finding it very helpful.
    Old 09-03-2010, 05:45 PM

Hi all I just saw the Mac & Cheese sounds really good I may try that this week. Just finished dinner a large salad with chicken and just a touch of Russian dressing. I still have enough chicken for lunch tomorrow. I may do something with a pita pocket. Any suggestions?
    Old 09-03-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Hi all I just saw the Mac & Cheese sounds really good I may try that this week. Just finished dinner a large salad with chicken and just a touch of Russian dressing. I still have enough chicken for lunch tomorrow. I may do something with a pita pocket. Any suggestions?
    I love a pita sandwich with just meat, light mayo or miracle whip, tomatoes and onions....MMMM!

Missy
    Old 09-03-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    I love a pita sandwich with just meat, light mayo or miracle whip, tomatoes and onions....MMMM!

Missy
    Me to just thought if anyone had a new way with a combination of stuff I'd like to try it . Need to keep the interest up in the way to eat the healthy way
    Gail
    Old 09-03-2010, 06:52 PM

Good Morning you people are so funny. I'm enjoying just reading and having a good laugh. I have found a web site that is helping me. I have lost about 26 pounds useing this site. We all want to be healthy not just thin,and we know we need to cut down on sodium,fat and colesterol. This site helps to trak all of these and calories. I have found it to be very helpful. http://www.livestrong.com Go check it out I love it.
    I've lost 30+ pounds in the last two to three months. It has helped me keep track of what I eat. Plus they have so many foods listed I can easily find the calories. I started tracking my weight about July 11th, and I have increased the amout of weight loss, in part due to the information they provide.

I also set my dad up on it, he is on a restricted diet, and is a diabetic. He can moniter almost everything on MyplateD.
    Old 09-03-2010, 07:01 PM
    Banned

I may do something with a pita pocket. Any suggestions?
    cut it open so it is in circles, top the circle with cheese, on top of that fresh sliced tomatoes, your leftover chicken if you want to use it. sprinkle it with basil, garlic, salt and pepper. put it under the broiler a few minutes unti the cheese melts.
    Old 09-03-2010, 07:09 PM

If I fried my brain before, tonight I boiled it. 116 degrees. It was hot. My legs get really fatigued at this temp. I wet my t-shirt before leaving and it was dry by the third mile. I should cool down by tomorrow. Sat is generally my big day to exercise, I walk the dogs, swim and bike.

For a good sandwich and it is semi low cal. Shred carrots, add a bit of onion, lettuce, tomato, shredded veggies of your choice and a slice of avocado. A smidege of dressing, maybe a tsp. (I like Newman's Balsamic.) and a sprinkle of feta cheese.

I would use something other than pita, it's pretty high in calories. I generally use a tortilla, tuck in both ends and wrap it like a burrito. That way it's about 150 -170 calories for the entire thing. The pita bread adds another 50 to 100 calories. It depends on the brand of bread you use.
    Old 09-03-2010, 07:23 PM

eating a apple cinnamon rice cake for bed time snack.... not to bad. Not as bad as I remember when I was a kid and my mom use to force feed us plain ones trying to tell us they were like cookies lol yea right

But at only 50 cals and no fat its not to bad
    Old 09-03-2010, 07:42 PM

I've lost 30+ pounds in the last two to three months. It has helped me keep track of what I eat. Plus they have so many foods listed I can easily find the calories. I started tracking my weight about July 11th, and I have increased the amout of weight loss, in part due to the information they provide.

I also set my dad up on it, he is on a restricted diet, and is a diabetic. He can moniter almost everything on MyplateD.
    That's great I hope it's been helpful to him.
    They have a lot of great recipes too. I like that you can put your own recipes in and get the values for it. I find that really helpful.
    Old 09-03-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Help me!!!!! I am trying so hard not to snack but my tummy is growling. I ate a sandwich for lunch and it was good but ever sence my tummy says it is still hungry. How do I make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Eat something with lots of fiber...like apples or other high fiber fruit...drink some water...how about some other things that are low in calories.?

I posted a long list of things (and how much of each) that are 100 calories this morning.

Missy
    You're right, MIssy, apples are great fiber. My son has lost 98 lbs. and every day ate an apple.
    98 pounds?!?! Woohoo for him!! I eat anywhere from 1-3 a day. They are only 30 calories and have tons of fiber. I also eat at least 2 peaches a day or other servings of fruit. I tend to eat about 5 servings of fruit and 5-6 servings of veggies a day along with my protein (60-70 grams). I do eat about 60-70 grams of carbs but those are mostly plant-based. My breakfast is always oatmeal which has tons of fiber and all those yummy whole grains.

Today I splurged and bought a couple of watermelons. Yumm-o!

I LOVE macaroni and cheese and have found that the Hungry Girl's mac n cheese is AWESOME and has very few calories and tons of fiber and all the good stuff that our bodies need. If anyone wants that recipe let me know!

Tomorrow I am going to be making fajitas for dinner for Mike and his mom and I am looking forward to it because I have all the fresh veggies for it and I even bought the 100-calorie pack of guacamole so I can stay on track with my calories.

Next Wednesday I am making lunch for the mental health team that takes care of me. For those that do not know, I have schizophrenia. I am so thankful for how much they do for me that I wanted to make lunch for them when they have their weekly meeting. I am going to make whole wheat penne pasta with homemade sauce topped with 2% mozzarella cheese and breadsticks. With the exception of the breadsticks it will be a low-cal, high fiber lunch and they won't even know it! LOL!! I was thinking of writing out the nutritional information on a card when I deliver the food just so they know what they are eating. What do you guys think? Should I just let them scarf it down and never tell or do I spill my guts?

Oh sorry for writing a novel.

Missy

You are doing so well, Missy. I am proud of you. You come up with some great ideas of which I am taking note. Sure hope you enjoy your dinner with Mike and family. Have a great time. I will be at the beach all next week with hubby. Looking forward to the 75 degree weather instead of the desert's 104 degree. Whew!!!